Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
lost in this bball mess, Reed and Mitchell's progression...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

lost in this bball mess, Reed and Mitchell's progression...

Feb 22, 2017, 11:42 AM

these 2 guys are absolute ballers. You could tell that these losses are really wearing on these guys. Reed was very emotional last night. These 2 guys have really played hard and have become very important parts of our team this year. I look forward to watching them play the next 2 years regardless of who the coach is. They both work really hard and deserve to be noted for their play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. But sad the coach can't draw up plays and/or teach them

Feb 22, 2017, 11:52 AM

So their efforts aren't wasted. The plays we run at the end of some of these games is mind blowing. I have no doubt some of our players are extremely mind blowing.
Honestly reminds me a bit of Tommy Bowden days in football. No one was as good at blowing a lead or losing in memorable fashion as Bowden.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think the last play last night was poorly executed...

Feb 22, 2017, 11:55 AM

i think Grantham was supposed to deliver the pass to Blossomgame near mid court but rushed it. Blossomgame was then gonna drive to the basket or kick it to the corner to Reed for a last second shot.

If it were me, which i'm not the coach and certainly dont claim to know more than Brownell, I would have taken my chances getting the ball to reed and letting him drive the length of the floor for a last second floater or layup and maybe get fouled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very classy.***

Feb 22, 2017, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Agree. But sad the coach can't draw up plays and/or teach them ]

Thomas as well***

Feb 22, 2017, 11:55 AM

agree on Thomas but he has got to get tougher on man to man

Feb 22, 2017, 11:57 AM

defense down low. He is the best scoring big man we've had, along with Trevor Booker, in many years. Thomas has got to be more aware on defense and he also has to be a better 'team' guy. I have sat near the bench at quite a few games and when he is taken out of the game, he just sits on the bench and sulks. i'd like to see him take a little more of a team approach.

those 3 guys, along with a more seasoned Robertin, and the freshmen coming in (especially Trapp) have a chance to be pretty good in the coming years. I would also hope that Grantham has a productive senior year as well as Devoe

Message was edited by: easleytigr®

Re: agree on Thomas but he has got to get tougher on man to man

Feb 22, 2017, 12:08 PM

Believe it or not but the future of CLEMSON basketball isn't as bleak as many of the half empty guys would have you believe. Just one player is all we need. Hopefully that will be the kid from Spartanburg but if he reads tnet he may decide life is better in chapel hill! Or Hades for that matter!

Game experience wise Thomas is still a freshman

Feb 22, 2017, 12:28 PM [ in reply to agree on Thomas but he has got to get tougher on man to man ]

most young bigs struggle with defensive fundamentals. It's not exactly like he has a good offensive big man to practice against

Re: lost in this bball mess, Reed and Mitchell's progression...

Feb 22, 2017, 12:18 PM

I think it took Mitchell some time to fully recover from the injury. Now that he's 100%, he is really playing well. If he can improve his jump shot, he can be an outstanding ACC point guard.

With Reed, it's simply a case of him finally getting the minutes he should have been playing all along. Until recently, DeVoe was getting more minutes than Reed, and that is simply unfathomable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need some defensive players and rebounders

Feb 22, 2017, 12:25 PM

to go with them. Our offense is improved, but our defense has gotten worse.

Unfortunately, it's a wash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic