Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking more likely Newman, not Chase, to UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Looking more likely Newman, not Chase, to UGA

Jan 10, 2020, 10:56 AM

The Athletic's Seth Emerson reported that Wake Forest redshirt junior QB Jamie Newman and "Georgia are a likely match."

The Bulldogs are desperate for immediate help at quarterback with Jake Fromm defecting to the NFL. Newman is shopping his services after leaving the Demon Deacons as a graduate transfer. This would be a nice one-year fit. Newman threw for 2,868 yards on 60.9 percent completions with a 26/11 TD/INT ratio this past season. He also rushed for 574 yards and six scores.

Source: Seth Emerson on Twitter

Jan 10, 2020, 10:18 AM ET

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking more likely Newman, not Chase, to UGA

Jan 10, 2020, 11:01 AM

I think the Dawgs will take 2 or 3 grad transfers at Qb. I think someone ends up in the portal twice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possible, but I don't see 2 top grad transfers both going

Jan 10, 2020, 11:08 AM

there since they only have 1 year to play. I can see another one that has to sit out a year, that would make sense. I don't know what they have in the pipeline, but guess it doesn't look good for 2020.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's their loss. Wherever Chase ends up, that school is

Jan 10, 2020, 11:04 AM

getting a winner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That's their loss. Wherever Chase ends up, that school is

Jan 10, 2020, 11:49 AM

South Florida or he will stay at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 11:23 AM

In my opinion, if Chase decides to leave, this is a blessing for Chase.

Fromm got worse while he was there. It doesn't seem he was developed at all.

Chase would have ridiculous expectations as the hometown kid coming back to UGA.

I haven't thought about it before, but I could see a possibility that LSU takes a run at Chase if they had the chance.

It seemed early on Oregon were the frontrunners for Newman

Jan 10, 2020, 11:35 AM

My first thought was that Georgia doesn't develop QBs and he should stick with Oregon, but after what i saw from Herbert under Cristobal I don't think that would be any better. Cristobal has the same old-school SEC mentality as Kirby where he just wants to be physical and run the football.

Re: It seemed early on Oregon were the frontrunners for Newman

Jan 10, 2020, 11:42 AM

That may be true, but the little bit I saw of them this season I think Herbert is a lot of Herbert's problem.

The physical tools are there, but I'm not sure that he has the elite mental makeup to be a consistent QB in college or the NFL.

After the Rose Bowl references were made about how proud people were of Herbert that he was willing to run the ball a little instead of trying to force throws downfield to pad his stats.

I've never heard such things said about guys who went on to be highly successful QBs.

And somehow he will still be a top 15 pick***

Jan 10, 2020, 12:56 PM

Jan 10, 2020, 11:39 AM

What must be will be, but Chase Brice hasn't said a word about transferring away from Clemson, and adding his name to certain schools without him at least first stating he is interested in looking for another place that he would fit in, it is the Rumor Mill at it's BEST!!!!

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article238718008.html

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 11:43 AM

or WORST!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2020, 3:01 PM

I hadn't thought of it before, but Chase could get hurt in this regard because he has to wait until after the CFP Game to enter the portal. Other guys may beat him to the punch

OTOH, If he is leaving, why not follow Coach Scott to SFU. What does there QB situation look like ??

I agree that Georgia is not the best place for him - except it is close to home and they will get plenty of national attention.

I'd like to see him go somewhere with a good running game to take a little pressure off of him.

Jan 10, 2020, 3:39 PM

UO fan here.

The questions about Herbert and Cristobal are valid. Herbert has the arm to be an elite NFL QB. But my final take on him is he is too weak between the ears and will NOT excel long term at the next level.

Cristobal is clearly not a creative offensive guy. His biggest weakness by far. But their OC position is open and he delegates play calling. They are taking their time on hiring.

Bottom line: I'm sad to hear Newman will go to UGA instead of UO but he's not the only guy on the market. My dream is D'Eriq King (if he leaves UH) goes there.

Jan 10, 2020, 4:02 PM

USF already got Cade Fortin from UNC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic