Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts about LSU fan culture
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 51

Thoughts about LSU fan culture

Jan 15, 2020, 3:34 PM

First off, I understand that all fan bases(including us) have “bad actors”. I’ve seen some Clemson fans do some downright embarrassing things in the past, but they are definitely the exception to the rule.

Maybe the CFP brought out the worst in some of their fans or maybe I saw a true reflection of them, I don’t know. I do know one LSU fan personally (lives near ETN’s hometown) that is as nice a person as you will ever meet, so I know they aren’t all bad. What I experienced was like TigerDroppings in real life...

It seems that a good percentage of their fans think it’s their duty to treat any opposing fans as badly as possible. I had people go out of their way to scream f you, f Clemson at us. I don’t know how many times we got sttdb yelled at us. “Tiger Bait”, etc. Never seemed like the smack talk you get from other places...very aggressive and mean spirited. They seemed angry. They made UGA fans seem downright cordial.

Thankfully most people wanted to avoid spending the game in a NO jail so I never saw any fights though I wouldn’t have been surprised.

The older fans I ran into were better but they were, for the most part very condescending and really just wanted to talk smack, not discuss the game. Very arrogant.

Also, I found it interesting how many of them like to wear their crudeness on their shirts. Saw a lot with STTDB on them. Saw some “F*** YOU Tiger Bait” shirts. One shirt eloquently stated “F*** You, You F****** Mother F*****” with an LSU logo on it. I’m not just talking about Bourbon St either...one guy thought his f you shirt was perfect for his flight home.

It just seems strange to me that the accepted behavior of their fans is so aggressive and profane. I wouldn’t want to bring kids anywhere near their fans. If Clemson ever gets like that I will just find something else to do. I heard they can’t even play part of the Tiger Rag because they have some cursing chant that goes with it.

Would love to never have to encounter LSU fans again...

I know. TL/DR.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have been sitting in box seats.

Jan 15, 2020, 3:39 PM

The others are a lot worse.

Re: Thoughts about LSU fan culture

Jan 15, 2020, 3:39 PM

They sold their soul for a Championship. Its going to come around sooner rather than later. Remember when FSU let a culture problem get out of hand.

This isn't the football team culture, it's the fan base...

Jan 15, 2020, 5:34 PM

this is who they are.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree...

Jan 15, 2020, 3:42 PM

students branching off and chanting that is one thing..........but virtually every LSU fan in the superdome was proudly participating in the chant.....I was shocked.

I went to Athens in 2014 and their fans were saints compared to what I heard/saw from LSU fans in New Orleans.

I think in this one single playoff year we managed to find

Jan 15, 2020, 3:46 PM

90% of LSU are great....

Jan 15, 2020, 4:00 PM

Mentioned this on another thread (see below). Your experience mirrored ours....many of their older fans were quite smug.

And while all schools have their bad fans....LSU has about 5-10%± of their fans that cross the line based on my experience as a CLEM & UF fan (I have gone to 3-4 games in BR). IMO, it stems from their culture that encourages drunkenness and wildly rude/in-your-face behavior/smack talking. Again, most of their fans are great. I would also say there is also smugness amongst many of their fans----again it stems from their culture. That state is just different.

Among the examples we saw in NO:

Two 70 year old men (on separate occasions, mind you) approached us unsolicited to explain why our schedule sucks and why they are going easily handle us. Had a 65 year old man ± in our section (147) who when he first arrived at his seat announced loudly to everyone within earshot..."you ain't playing GT." After one minute, he had offended at least four different groups of ppl. After every score, he looked to rub it in ppl's faces. Keep in mind, he's the only LSU fan nearby. Makes you wonder, why a 65 year old man feels the needs to do that. I can understand a college student who is immature or lacks the experience. Is it to cover up some other deficiency in his life...or is it a lack of confidence? Had a street thug/LSU fan stand behind our Section in the concourse harassing CLEM fans all night. He purposely chose to stand behind CLEM fans instead of watching the game on the LSU side of the field. CLEM fans simply don't do that based on my experience. Of course the NO Police did little. BY FAR the WORST police force in the country...but that's another story.

Also had several different groups of LSU fans sing their "Neck" song as we walked by (Suck that Tiger d*(& B&^%&). This was done with ZERO regard to women or children present. Just something that no CLEM fan I know would ever even dream about doing. Its just low-class.

Again, most LSU fans a real good ppl and I've found my times in BR have been great and most of them will welcome you to their tailgate with open arms. But their 10% is much worse than most schools' IMO...

I really like NO in several ways, but dislike in many others. I would MUCH prefer games in LA, Scottsdale area, Fort Lauderdale area, ATL than NO. Probably won't ever go back unless its a Natty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They effing suck...

Jan 15, 2020, 8:03 PM

makes me want to think really bad things about hurricanes and such.

it’s some kind of perverse inferiority complex

Jan 15, 2020, 9:49 PM [ in reply to 90% of LSU are great.... ]

Their fans were seeking validation before the game like none I’ve ever seen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were classless, I don't care to go back. When we lost to Bammer there 2 years ago it was cordial, not this trip. We had a good friend from NO show us around and he mentioned 10-15% ruining the reputation of the rest, but it was more like 55%... Pathetic

Yep...BAMA fans as a whole.....

Jan 15, 2020, 4:12 PM

are much more confident and let their history speak for themselves. You can detect the difference mainly in their older fans. Its also much more southern like CLEM. The Louisiana Cajun culture is just different. Again, all schools have bad fans...but in our three times playing Bama....never encountered the level of smugness or displays of behavior we saw in NO. Its a shame b/c most of their fanbase are really good ppl

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep...BAMA fans as a whole.....

Jan 15, 2020, 4:31 PM

No excuse for bad actors but

Bama never had a season like this year's LSU team.

Records falling left and right. Won nearly every individual award given. Crushed most opponents.
Beat the Top 4 Pre-Season picks.

It's been a long drought. Went to our heads a bit.

But Bama's generational arrogance is unmatched by any fan group on the earth.

Also, New Orleans is a different environment than any other southern city, much more akin to New York. Dark, mob controlled for decades, heavily ethnic influenced, almost no rural influence. Very different. You saw it's more base elements.

Re: Yep...BAMA fans as a whole.....

Jan 15, 2020, 4:37 PM

Not sure what the "type of season" has to do with it. IN my OP, I glowed abt 90% of your fanbase and BR. And NO. But I can do without the other crap. Love friendly banter. STTDB in front of kids is WAYYY out of line. Cannot defend that.....

I hope they have a decade of losing seasons...

Jan 15, 2020, 8:05 PM

what comes around goes around.

Re: I hope they have a decade of losing seasons...

Jan 16, 2020, 1:37 PM

Just 1 decade? You are nicer than me. These people make even the gamecoots look like nice friendly folks, and just saying that made me puke in my mouth a little.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 2:39 PM

You are histerical!

Jan 16, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope they have a decade of losing seasons... ]

This was my first post ever and it didn't let me finish. I loved your comeback. What is up with these disgusting people? Serious question though: Since I am reallyyyyy tired of Clemson fans adding to their already arrogant attitude by saying :They were the better team: How much does the quality of the fanbase(or lack thereof) constitute the term "better?'

Jan 16, 2020, 3:59 PM

Every Clemson fan that I have seen says that LSU was the better team and deserved to win the game. I haven't heard or read where even one Clemson fan said we were the better team and that we deserved to win. If you have an example of someone on Tigernet who said that we were better and that we deserved to win, please provide a link, in the meantime, maybe sharpen those reading comprehension skills a bit.

I've been to both...

Jan 15, 2020, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep...BAMA fans as a whole..... ]

not seeing the resemblance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Those were the worst people I have ever encountered in my life. I had 2 kids with me and LSU fans, adults mind you, talked trash to them, to their faces on a couple of different occasions. One of the kids was an 11-year-old GIRL. I should have killed that guy (yep, it was a grown @ss man), but I didn't want to get my shoes dirty when I kicked the crap out of him, so I just told him to shut the hell up and keep walking. Never have I ever witnessed anything even remotely close to that at Clemson. I believe that it would have been completely different if we weren't playing 40 miles away from their campus. Because of the close proximity, every piece of trash from Louisiana that owns a profane LSU t-shirt was able to come there, even if they couldn't get into the game. They showed up in droves to act like complete morons and attack total strangers. If the game had been a couple of thousand miles away, all of the trash would have watched from their double wides and celebrated their victory by french kissing their sisters as usual.

My experience was typical 80/20 rule. Sad thing is the 80% were the scum***

Jan 15, 2020, 4:05 PM

Re: My experience was typical 80/20 rule. Sad thing is the 80% were the scum***

Jan 15, 2020, 5:00 PM

funny...I thought the same

I was walking Bourbon street after the game

Jan 15, 2020, 6:57 PM

Walking by myself to find my Clemson friends. Some LSU scum had no shirt on and ran perpendicular across in front of me to throw beer in my eyes. I mean really what fan would enjoy doing that to opposition fan. Sad. Not to mention all the previously mentioned Fyous.

Re: I was walking Bourbon street after the game

Jan 15, 2020, 8:06 PM

Sheesh. I'm glad I wasn't there.

Tailgated near a group of them and they were great. Had a

Jan 15, 2020, 4:12 PM

good time with them over the 5 or so hours we were there. Plenty of food and adult beverage swapped. MOST of the folks adjacent to us at the game were actually cool as well. There were certainly some ref-whiners near us during the game, which surprise-surprise got worse during the game with the more beer they pounded. The booing when Tyler was hurt in my area was ridiculous. They pretty much shut it when I asked where the booing was when the LSU guy was hurt not much later.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My experience was the same

Jan 15, 2020, 4:22 PM

What amazed me was that the vulgarities directed towards Clemson fans was AFTER the ballgame that they WON. Wow, just wow. Probably the most vulgar and trashy fan base I've ever experienced... and that includes South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida State!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My experience was the same

Jan 15, 2020, 4:25 PM

Again, its the culture. Most of their fanbase is great....and is very hospitable. Love friendly trash talk too. Other stuff (STTDB and F Bombs) is not defendable.

Help! Can you give me a hint what the acronym

Jan 15, 2020, 7:51 PM

STTDB stands for?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Help! Can you give me a hint what the acronym

Jan 15, 2020, 8:00 PM

Suck that Tiger d*** b****

The origin of the culture is likely the city of New Orleans

Jan 15, 2020, 5:07 PM

and surrounding area. It's not just the fans. But, I do think the LA culture has a few crude and dishonest streaks that either rub off on the students who are placed in that environment, or grew up in it as locals.

Before I retired, I ran a business that had branches all over the country. One was in New Orleans. I had to clean house several times there due to internal theft..... everyone from managers and assistant managers to cashiers. The unethical behavior of many of the locals is astounding. Many are extremely well-versed in how to steal and they're good at it. Everything from sleight-of-hand while stuffing money pilfered from registers up a sleeve to figuring out how to get into the IT system to print receipts for sales returns and then turn those receipts into cash refunds to themselves.

I spent far too much of my time watching camera recordings of employees involved in theft and meeting with police officers in order to prosecute. Prosecuting some of them doesn't faze the rest - they just keep operating like the carnies that they learned it all from.

I did not find them all to be that way, but the percentage of crooks and slime-balls was higher than any other city where we had a business and the level of their thieving skill and size of the theft was way bigger than anything else I've seen in 55 years of business management experience.

Re: The origin of the culture is likely the city of New Orleans

Jan 15, 2020, 6:15 PM

Now I know what I saw at Mother's Restaurant and what I thought was happening is probably true. There were 2 ladies working the cash registers and I noticed when a person charged something and the cash register opened, one lady would take out and slip a $5 bill into the others apron pocket (more than once). My guess is that everyone that used a charge card for a meal was over charged to hide the theft.

Natural selection should happen

Jan 15, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to The origin of the culture is likely the city of New Orleans ]

and select those a-holes off the face of the earth.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:09 PM

Still melting I see

Jan 15, 2020, 5:20 PM

Not really. Y’all won the game and deserved the win. Best team in the country this year. Congrats.

Also have some really horrible fans...I hope it’s just the minority but is looking like more than that. Seems like your reputation has been earned and y’all celebrate it. Congrats.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts about LSU fan culture ]

"crazylsustudent" huh?

Why didn't you just make your handle "imtotallyahumanandamnotagamecockfanheretostirupshit"?

Impotent loser.

I would compare them to Gypsies. That’s sense I felt.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:16 PM

Kind of just roaming filth up to no good.

Commoners.***

Jan 15, 2020, 5:21 PM

Re: I would compare them to Gypsies. That’s sense I felt.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to I would compare them to Gypsies. That’s sense I felt. ]

There is a large gypsy element.... carnies. Some I used to know even referred to themselves as "Coon A$$es". I just call it trash and keep moving.

That’s what my dad just said- coon a$$es. Said that’s what they call themselves.***

Jan 15, 2020, 5:26 PM

They do indeed call themselves that.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:47 PM

I lived in Mobile, AL in 1968 and was at a poker game with a few of them. They fancy themselves really good at poker and some are - but most are cheats and 4-flushing bluffers. Toward the end of the night while playing 5-card draw, pot limit, unlimited raises, I was dealt the ace, deuce, four and five of spades.

After a few rounds of bets before the draw, there was a lot of money on the table. Hoping to draw a spade for the flush, I drew one card and almost feinted to see it was the three of spades. I must have kept a good face, because the bets went around the table several times until the only two players left were me and the loudmouth fellow who called himself a coon a$$.

We went pot back and forth several times until he finally called. When I turned over the straight flush, all of the color went out of his face and he started shaking. He went outside and threw up. I don't remember how much he lost that night, but I heard it was everything he had to his name.

I laughed all the way to the bank.

Met another one in a bar a year later in Montgomery, AL who was on a train (Orange Blossom Special) that had stopped over for the night. He invited me to the train for a few hands of gin rummy. I accepted without telling him how long and for how much I had been playing that game. I also didn't tell him that I only had $40 in my pocket. At one point, I was down almost $40 and sweating having to tell him I had to go because I was out of money, but the tide turned and I left the train with most (if not all) of what he had in his wallet.

It always felt good to take money from those guys, but upon walking away, I always looked over my shoulder.

Thank you...

Jan 15, 2020, 8:10 PM

now I feel a bit better! :)

Jan 15, 2020, 5:26 PM

Who cares? We lost. Stop complaining. Move on.

Not complaining about losing. Better team won. Complaining about their scum***

Jan 15, 2020, 5:28 PM

Re: Not complaining about losing. Better team won. Complaining about their scum***

Jan 15, 2020, 5:49 PM

We lost. Stop whining about anything LSU. Its sounds soft and bitter. The game is over. Move on.

That trash is coming to the real Death Valley soon. ***

Jan 15, 2020, 5:27 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That trash is coming to the real Death Valley soon. ***

Jan 15, 2020, 6:28 PM

Then they can be taught a lesson in Clemson manners.

Re: That trash is coming to the real Death Valley soon. ***

Jan 15, 2020, 9:18 PM [ in reply to That trash is coming to the real Death Valley soon. *** ]

It had better be a noon kick because the Clemson jail will not hold all of their arrests for drunk and disorderly.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:31 PM

I've had 3 different people tell me through the years that at LSU was the only time they didn't feel safe at a Football game.

Jan 15, 2020, 5:36 PM

My experience going to games in BR has actually been great. You hear stories about liquor/#### bottles being thrown and I've seen some crazy stuff...but most of their ppl are great. Probably some of the best fans out there bar none. Its the 5-10% that really taint it. Its so unnecessary too, they have a great product, history and Coach O's story is amazing. A very deserving National Champion

I was staioned in Louisiana for three years (1997-2000) at

Jan 15, 2020, 5:35 PM

Fort Polk and the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC). JRTC is the premiere training center for light infantry while also providing a unique training opportunity for the Ranger regiment and US Army Special Forces. Every month we would provide rotational units with a "Third World" training environment and believe me - that ain't hard to do in the state of Louisiana.

I met some really nice Louisiana natives - good, genuine people, but there was probably more trashy folks there than anywhere else I was stationed in my 27 years in the Army. Back then Louisiana was about dead last in everything from education to health care. Doesn't look like things have changed much in the last 20 years:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

As a whole, Louisiana's history is one of being a politically corrupt cesspool that gives a whole new meaning to the word "trashy poor". I'm not surprised that LSU has more than it's fair share of low class/crass fans. After living there for three years it is kind of what I would expect from about 35% of the population I met.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it must be the French influence,

Jan 15, 2020, 8:14 PM

#### those ########! But I do like Pepe le Pew!

90% of the fans

Jan 15, 2020, 5:36 PM

make the rest look bad

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 6:08 PM

Having been on both side of LSU I can give my experience. I have been to LSU games as a fan and had an amazing experience. Next to the student section was vulgar but exciting and fun. The upper decks I have had a great time watching the game and discussing the X's and O's with other fans.
However last year I went to a game with my old roommates representing our alma mater Louisiana Tech. Most the fans were great and I didnt have any problem until the 3rd quarter. Tech scored 2 touchdowns to bring the game within 10. That's when a group of fans in front of us started laying into us. We blew it off and continued cheering for our school. Early in the 4th after we scored and made it 24-21, they got outright nasty. Cussing us and one guy threatening a member of our group to a fight. Insult flew and surprise surprise it was a walmart fan. A believe a majority of the fan base are good people but that 10-15% is extremely vocal and nasty.

The thing is about LSU fans is that these type of complaints about them

Jan 15, 2020, 6:09 PM

Actually fuels them. They take pride in it. They aren’t like other fanbases that will try to deny it, they’ll own it and challenge themselves to do worse next time.

Not my eperience!

Jan 15, 2020, 6:11 PM

I got into NO Saturday morning and left Tuesday. Had a lot of casual and close contact with a number of their fans. Even after the game, I never ran into one who was a jerk! Talked to them at the hotel in the FQ, on the streets, mostly in the FQ, at three restaurants in the Garden District, and in numerous stores in and around the FQ the FanFest and the WWII museum.

Sometimes I think some people must attract the badness in others. I will say I was not in the midst of a bunch of drunks which might help. Careful where you hang out - lie down with a bunch of dogs don't be surprised if you wake up with a bunch of fleas.

I abhor the proliferation of F... You or F... whatever else on apparel and that reflects poorly on the wearer of such but I did see some Clemson fan outside TTT in Clemson with a "Trevor is a F...ing BadA... QB shirt on which I thought was worn by a POS (probably a Clemson student)!

I really hate that so much rudeness, crudeness and casual obscenities proliferate on the anonymous websites where people of opposing schools are set upon with filth and utter trash-mouthed individuals gratuitously spewing junk to anyone perceived as an opponent as soon as they sign on no matter how polite or civil they may be. Shame on whoever cannot carry on a conversation with someone in the manner in which the conversation begins.

I met LSU fans of all ages (not drunks) in the mass entrance up the ramp through the enhanced security and the long wait getting in the gameand neither observed nor heard any unpleasant grief from anyone, including numerous students.

Perhaps you would be happier if you looked for the best rather than the worst in those around you.

Good. Luck!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for assuming your one personal experience

Jan 15, 2020, 6:15 PM

Was the same as everyone else’s and that it’s everyone else who has the issue.

Numerous Clemson fans have told what they experienced as they walked to and from the stadium and around New Orleans.

Re: Thanks for assuming your one personal experience

Jan 15, 2020, 6:23 PM

Ditto. Tried to walk straight to the car minding my own business. Wasn’t at all looking for trouble but they tried to bring it

Ditto to your ditto

Jan 16, 2020, 12:22 AM

My brother and I left the dome with about 8 mins left in the game on purpose. Leaving with all the LSU scum at the same time would have definitely been problematic - most likely resulting in both of us getting into a fight and ending up in jail. It was bad enough leaving when we did. We walked with a purpose back to our car and did our best not to respond to the belligerent A-holes that tried to set us off. They would come out of packed hotel lobby bars when they saw us walking by to whoop and yell like a bunch of savage heathens. We're both big boys (six foot 215-225lbs) in our mid thirties. We couldn't get out fast enough.

I hope the next hurricane that comes through there leaves no traces of "civilation" in its wake.

Re: Thanks for assuming your one personal experience

Jan 15, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Thanks for assuming your one personal experience ]

Why would you take offense at someone for having a better experience than yours? I only said my experience was different (see the lead)- don't jump so quickly!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS, you are basically saying the LSU fans were okay,

Jan 15, 2020, 8:17 PM

and you called out a Clemson person for wearing something objectionable. Get off your high horse.

Re: Not my eperience!

Jan 15, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Not my eperience! ]

Generally I just ignore other fans. If someone wants to talk about the game, fine, let’s talk. Be cordial. Wish them good luck and be on my way.

My group was just 2 married couples walking around the FQ after dinner/walking to the hotel/fan events/etc minding our own business, talking amongst ourselves, ignoring other fans and witnessing all that was happening. We never provoke anyone. I’ve rarely been in an argument and never been in a fight.

This has nothing to do with looking for the best or worst in people. I go to almost all of our away games and have been around fan bases of most ACC and SEC schools without issues. I’ve never had trouble anywhere except last weekend.

I’m not saying all of their fans are bad. Also not saying all of ours are good. Just relaying my experience and questioning why that behavior seems to be tolerated and even encouraged.

I’m glad your experience was more positive than mine.

Look for the best???

Jan 16, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Not my eperience! ]

I looked and looked and never did see "the best" in the @ssholes who thought it was cool to get up in the faces of and shout obscenities at the kids (and I mean children, not college kids) who were just walking down the street after the game. Did anyone call you a b1tch and tell you to "suck his tiger ####"? Because I saw that happen too. I'm having a hard time finding the good in that. There were some timeshare condominiums available in the building where we stayed; if they were so awesome and you loved them so much you could buy one of those and move there.

Re: Look for the best???

Jan 16, 2020, 3:00 PM

The fans who went to the game understand completely. Don't know if I'll back to that hellhole again. No respect for anything down there.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:13 PM

Clemson should cancel the game in baton rouge

Jan 16, 2020, 4:02 PM

Nah, just go down there and beat the cajun out of them.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:18 PM

I am Ed Orgeron and I approve this message.

Jan 15, 2020, 6:36 PM

We experienced much of the same but it seemed to be students and city locals, that did not go to the game, causing most of the trouble where we were after the game. By cancelling classes, LSU just invited this to happen in the close proximity to the school.

I agree with others that stated if the game had been in any city other than NOLA, I dont think this would have been near as bad.

Jan 15, 2020, 7:38 PM

See my post on Tolerance and Understanding. It helps to walk in another man’s shoes.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, like we are going to search your thread out.

Jan 15, 2020, 8:19 PM

Seriously, how about a link to it?

Out of step with the whiners and criers....

Jan 16, 2020, 8:06 PM

I arrived in New Orleans early Saturday morning and spent the following 4 days in and around New Orleans. I wore my Clemson colors and hat the entire time. I went to the WWII museum, spent a half day in the Garden District and most of the rest of the time in the French Quarter. I walked across town to the game, sat in the cheap seats and watched the game sitting in front of several LSU fans. After the game I walked to the casino, then to a bar on Decatur and finished my night very late at Cafe Du Monde.

At no point between Saturday morning and Tuesday at 10 am or so did I encounter any sort of particularly rowdy LSU fans. Of course I heard LSU fans cheering for their team. Of course along the way from time to time I heard some sort of off handed, half hearted jeer from a fan or two. For me and the 6 or 7 Clemson fans with whom I spend the weekend the much ballyhooed bad conduct from the LSU fans was nonexistent.

The 'rowdy LSU fan base' struck me as more or less like the NCSU, WF, GT, Syracuse and Louisville fan bases I normally run across. Nothing harsh or anything but laughable and understandable came out of any LSU fan that I encountered.

For the life of me I cannot understand the Clemson fan base here with the bad sense about LSU fans. They struck we like Syracuse or Wake fans. No better and certainly no worse.

I had a great time. Cheered with other Clemson fans for no apparent reason, did C-L-E-M...in cadence count and so forth. I just experienced a normal away game environment.

Period, end of story. I believe my own experience was way more typical than atypical. Honest to Pete, I think a fairly high number of Clemson fans go on the road looking for and inflating any little tiny 'abuse' they can find to make the other teams fans sound bad. None of that mirrors my experience.

Go Tigers!!

Replies: 69
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic