Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look at Those Tiger Paws !!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,230

Look at Those Tiger Paws !!!

Mar 5, 2018, 9:37 PM

I've been a member of Lions International since 1950. During those almost 68 years I've attended conventions and meetings over much of this old world, meeting people who have become lifelong friends. Several years ago one of the International Directors was from South Carolina and an avid Gamecock fan. One of his many responsibilities was to visit Lions functions throughout the world.

This South Carolina Lion was invited to speak to a Lions function in Wisconsin where there would be about 350 lions and guests in attendance. One of my Lion friends in Wisconsin called and asked me if I knew of something they could pull on him as a prank. I told him to let me think about it for a couple of days and I'd get back in touch with him.

A couple of days later I called back and presented my plan. I'm sending you about 125 1.5" diameter "stick-on" Tiger Paws. Give the Tiger Paws to those sitting at the tables nearest the podium. Have the men place the Paw on the back side of their coat lapel. For the women, have them place the Paw on the back side of the printed program. Be sure the Gamecock fan does not see the Tiger Paws until the proper moment.

Standard protocol has some local Lion dignitary introduce the invited speaker and when the invited speaker approaches the podium, the attendees rise. When Our Gamecock friend approached the podium, the men flipped their lapels and the ladies flipped the printed programs. What he saw was 125 beautiful Tiger Paws greeting him in Wisconsin. My Wisconsin friend told me the first thing the speaker said. "I know who is responsible for this".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look at Those Tiger Paws !!!

Mar 5, 2018, 9:48 PM

Love it!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 10:28 PM

Another great tale - thanks for sharing!!

Mar 5, 2018, 10:32 PM

Mr. Joe, was that gamecock Lion international officer by any chance from Kingstree, SC?

Mar 5, 2018, 10:37 PM

No. He now resides in North Carolina. However, I do know several good Lions in Kingstree.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2018, 11:00 PM

Thank you Mr. Joe. I was a member from the late 70s until the early 90s and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Some are still my very good friends even though I no longer live there....

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,230
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic