Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Venables named nation's top recruiter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,624

FB Update: Venables named nation's top recruiter

Feb 4, 2016, 11:26 PM

Venables named nation's top recruiter

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Venables named nation's top recruiter

Feb 4, 2016, 11:38 PM

Clemson's next head coach if he wants to be patient and wait for a WHILE.

Feb 4, 2016, 11:40 PM

Honestly Clever... I think BV is comfortable right where he is. He loves defense, isn't an interviews / speeches kinda guy, works with the best peers in the business and makes a darn good living do it all.

Feb 4, 2016, 11:51 PM

We hit an absolute jackpot with Coach BV. I hope he stays here for a long time and create his legacy. He doesn't want anything to do with being a HC and all the stuff that comes with it. In many ways it takes you away from doing what you love doing. I respect coaches like BV and Bud Foster who are just happy being coordinators and love doing what they do.

Feb 4, 2016, 11:52 PM

I agree. Congratulations Coach V! We love you brother! And you're going to love your job even more with this new squad coming in!

Feb 5, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Venables named nation's top recruiter ]

Bud foster wanted the HC job at Clemson.... but we hired a young guy named 'Dabo'! :)

BV might want a HC job, but not now. He does not want to move his kids again. When his children are out of school he might take a HC job, or if Kansas State calls.

Feb 5, 2016, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Venables named nation's top recruiter ]

First of all I don't think Dabo will be going anywhere even if Saban retired. I truly believe that Dabo and wife have dug in, and now have pretty deep roots in Clemson, and the University. I think that the only way they would leave is if Dabo was fired, and I don't see that happening. He is a self taught HC that knew how to win when he took the job, and he needed a couple of seasons to learn how to apply what he has learned over his career in college FB. He has made great hires as a rookie HC, but now it would easy for him to pluck great assistant coaches from other teams now if he lost a coach now. BV, he is making 1.3 mill at a school he loves being at, and his family loves being at Clemson with him. Considerent raises along the way, and his roots will be to deep to just pull up and go, I really don't believe I'll live long enough to see that happen. Tony may leave one day, but I don't see that happening soon. I think that Jeff is locked in also. The older assistants may retire, but as I said, Dabo will replace anybody that pulls up with just as good or better. Dabo has built a Brand at Clemson, personally I believe that Clemson will constantly be a top ten/five team for a very long time. That is how I feel about what we now finally have at Clemson, a program made to last!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big day for Coach Venables, named nation's top recruiter and

Feb 5, 2016, 1:01 AM

worst driver all on the same day.

So glad he came to Tiger Town!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big day for Coach Venables, named nation's top recruiter and

Feb 5, 2016, 2:20 AM

Coach V has been a great asset. What a great hire. Hope he stays for a long long time.

LOL.....Heard that Dabo is expanding the Get-Back guy's

Feb 5, 2016, 5:21 AM [ in reply to Big day for Coach Venables, named nation's top recruiter and ]

duties: he now has to ride in the left rear car seat with a pull-back leash on BV.

That's because BV drives at two speeds: FAST AND STOP ANYWHERE I D@MN PLEASE!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Big day for Coach Venables, named nation's top recruiter and ]

What kind of awards did Coach V's handler get this year? You KNOW you're intense when you have someone that Big keeping you in line!! Congrats Coach!!! GO TIGERS!

Feb 5, 2016, 7:30 PM

I love BV. His passion for game is infectious.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cograts Brent!***

Feb 5, 2016, 10:45 AM

i have to listen to all of this cootsphoria about their

Feb 5, 2016, 4:58 PM

staff having 3 former national recruiters of the year on their staff... well, OUR recruiter of the year did it while AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY so, they all can still kiss my Tiger Tail!!!

CONGRATS COACH V!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2016, 5:08 PM

Now, give that man a big fat raise! He's earned it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,624
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic