Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LINK: Most intimidating fanbases in CFB. Annnnnd the real Death Valley is.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

LINK: Most intimidating fanbases in CFB. Annnnnd the real Death Valley is.......

Aug 19, 2015, 11:14 AM

Clemson.

http://collegespun.com/national/the-10-most-intimidating-college-football-fan-bases-of-2015/7

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That ranking is terrible

Aug 19, 2015, 11:19 AM

there's nothing intimidating about the Michigan fanbase

Quietest gathering of 100k+ you will ever see.***

Aug 19, 2015, 11:21 AM

Re: Quietest gathering of 100k+ you will ever see.***

Aug 19, 2015, 11:22 AM

With or without a losing record??

or Ohio State's. They were a non-factor at the Orange Bowl***

Aug 19, 2015, 11:22 AM [ in reply to That ranking is terrible ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

OSU's home crowd is pretty good. Penn St has the best crowd

Aug 19, 2015, 11:31 AM

and atmosphere in the Big Ten though IMO. Wisconsin's is pretty solid too - love when they do Jump Around. Michigan's is just bad.. that stadium is horrible for sound retention, and something about the Michigan fan base just doesn't seem quite. It's almost like Texas where they are supposed to have their huge, awesome, passionate fan bases yet their stadium atmosphere sucks. I think it's almost like a white collar, spoiled fanbase, sense of entitlement type thing. USC has never had a spectacular atmosphere either - they aren't even close to Oregon in that department.

the Nittany Lions have a great fan base

Aug 19, 2015, 12:19 PM

Passion, know the game, and they know how to raise some hell. After what they have been through recently I tip my hat to them. They have some rabid folks up there and they pack that huge place in every game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I'd love to go to a white out game up there***

Aug 19, 2015, 1:07 PM

Re: LINK: Most intimidating fanbases in CFB. Annnnnd the real Death Valley is.......

Aug 19, 2015, 11:20 AM

Throne not thrown. Smh

Re: LINK: Most intimidating fanbases in CFB. Annnnnd the real Death Valley is.......

That poll is FOS auburn and Michigan a head of us I stop after that

SoCal is more intimidating than Oregon? No freakin' way! Oregon trumps the Big House, too!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not even close, and i just mentioned that in my post above.

Aug 19, 2015, 11:33 AM

USC falls into the category of vastly overrated fanbases and atmospheres along with Texas and Michigan for me. Oregon blows USC away in terms of crowd noise, atmosphere, and passion.

SC is a wine and cheese big money crowd

Aug 19, 2015, 12:13 PM

Reminds me of Tar Hole hoops crowd and UT football crowd. Been to several Trojan games and most NFL crowds would blow them away in terms of passion. You tailgate at SC and you see nothing but $$$ on display and Beemers and Benzes and tricked out F350s with more chrome than you can imagine, not to mention all the Scarlet blazers and sundresses running around. A lot of folks do not realize that SC is a very expensive private university. A ton of big, big bucks alums there.

Don't talk bad about sundresses

Aug 19, 2015, 1:09 PM

sundresses are The Oculus (praise its mighty name)'s gift to us all.

been to two Duck games, 2013 at LA Coliseum and

Aug 19, 2015, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: LINK: Most intimidating fanbases in CFB. Annnnnd the real Death Valley is....... ]

2014 at Autzen, night game against Stanford. Simply put, Duck fans took over LA Coliseum and blasted volume all night against SC. Autzen was like a 747 taking off before every snap when Ducks were on D and after every big play my entire body was shaking and ears ringing. They are the best fans I have ever been around outside of DV hands down. Autzen is an oppressive, loud, hell raising loony bin of volume and Oregon is the Clemson of the West. You could put that fan base in the South and you would not know the difference. Add the rain and cold in Autzen at night and it is a miserable place for the other crew who has to go in there.

Aug 19, 2015, 11:23 AM

another one

http://www.stack.com/2014/09/12/loudest-college-football-stadiums/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Linked on that same page

Aug 19, 2015, 11:33 AM

http://collegespun.com/national/10-women-who-could-be-the-next-katherine-webb/7

That would be something to get excited about; hope it's
not a mojor distraction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic