Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Linebackers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,253

Linebackers

Nov 15, 2015, 12:59 AM

Man were we spoiled with Stephone Anthony. Or maybe we are missing Grady Jarret more than we realize? W/e it is something is wrong with our d up the middle..

Love Boulware and his confident attitude but the backers certainly seem to be struggling lately in plugging the correct holes

which is odd since they rarely seemed out of position the first half of the season

either film has shown something to opposing teams that they have caught onto or they are just playing sloppy and impatiently just trying to lay people out

hoping CBV can clean this up against Wake

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Linebackers

Nov 15, 2015, 1:11 AM

Just constantly out of position or caught in an over pursuit. Mr Lawson isn't innocent here either. A few times today he got too far up field. He can't pin his ears back every play like that. I just think it's a mixture of both LBs trying to do too much.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 15, 2015, 3:00 AM

Linebackers get caught out of position a lot and they are missing key tackles. On a lot of big runs this year overplay it and end up diving at the feet of the runners.

Remember that time that Boulware cleaned up Cook

Nov 15, 2015, 4:14 AM

on fourth down, in the fourth quarter against FSU?

That was awesome.

... I agree, it was a sloppy game against Syracuse though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 15, 2015, 8:32 AM

Blanks playing reminds me of R. Hall playing a couple of years ago. He is a smart player, but what can you expect playing with one leg. Time to give the keys to D. Daniel. Not sure why they didn't go to him since he had a lot of success the last two years against GA Tech.

Nov 15, 2015, 8:49 AM

This defense misses Wiggins. The kid was constantly in good position and could cover. Blanks can play the run but his cover skills are not that good. Would love to see D.O.D. more.

Had a chance to listen to the radio

Nov 15, 2015, 8:57 AM

Show after the game yesterday, the guy said the linebackers have been good all year going up the middle, but going side to side is where they have been missing some assignments.

Seemed insightful to me. Take it for what its worth.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Had a chance to listen to the radio

Nov 15, 2015, 8:59 AM

Next yr with Chad smith we'll have a LB that can cover side to side. Our LBS right now have played great except for a few plays. Just keep winning

They seem to take an outside gap and get pinned there as the

Nov 15, 2015, 9:28 AM

back scoots right up the middle. Not sure if that is being out of position and rushing things or a back scheme. They certainly are hammers on anything wide and when they are in the correct gap!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They seem to take an outside gap and get pinned there as the

Nov 15, 2015, 9:30 AM

Hopefully there's a linebacker named Rashaun Smith making plays on defense next year for us.

They are the first LB core since 81 to be 10-0

Nov 15, 2015, 9:36 AM

That's awesome and all that matters. I swear some people aren't breathing if they are not complaining

NC State exposed something, FSU and and Syr have taken advantage

Nov 15, 2015, 11:58 AM

of our inability to fix it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

good point about impatience....

Nov 15, 2015, 12:11 PM

Goodson for sure got caught drifting to the wrong hole on the first TD. Likewise Ben seems too eager to take on blockers that he never gets off of.

Maybe it's a matter of being willing to make the plays that should be made and allowing things to work out, instead of trying to be "as good as last year's defense" or "as good as #1 should be".

I know the kids are playing hard that's for sure, and wouldn't dare question they aren't aware of their performance even more so than you or me.

They do seem out of kilter all of a sudden though...

The difficult things is that it simply may be the type of team we're playing - NCSU and Syracuse had more mobile QB's to deal with a la Notre Dame. If that's the nature of the issue, then UNCheat will likely be more of a game than I originally thought.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic