Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Knemdiche tweet from Danny Sheridan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Knemdiche tweet from Danny Sheridan

Jun 24, 2012, 7:27 PM

DannySheridan1: Robert Nkemdiche told UA coaches he was going there & asked 4 a 3 for 1 deal (sign 2 of his teammates). Clemson agreed & UA wouldn't do that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knemdiche info from Danny Sheridan

Jun 24, 2012, 7:28 PM

bullsh$t...bammur woulda gave the whole grayson high school schollys to get a player

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post-Cam Newton....Danny Sheridan has lost ALL credibility.***

Jun 24, 2012, 10:26 PM

null

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true.

Jun 24, 2012, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Knemdiche info from Danny Sheridan ]

I'm not saying that Robert was wanting a 3 for 1 deal. I have no clue and until I hear it come out of his mouth, I wont believe it. The statement about Bama offering the whole team to get one player is coming straight out of your a$$. Keenan Allen was wanting a 2 for 1 deal with his brother and Bama told him they wasnt going to do that. If you do not know who KA is, he was a 5 star DB in the class of 2010. The #1 rated DB, and the #5 player in the nation. May be hard to believe, but Saban told him "No, we are not going to offer your brother a scholarship just to get you." HE eventually signed with Cal.....as well as his brother.

Re: Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true.

Jun 24, 2012, 11:01 PM

Alabama doesn't have to play those games.

Jun 24, 2012, 11:09 PM

dirtpecker

Jun 25, 2012, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true. ]

Bama has always played those games!!!! The bear was the known for those games. Coot moron

Bama did pay a player's high school head coach 200,000….

Jun 24, 2012, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true. ]

dollars to sway him to go to Bama about 8-10 years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama did pay a player's high school head coach 200,000….

Jun 25, 2012, 12:12 AM

It was a Bama booster, not anyone on the Bama staff. I can be classified as a booster if I donate enough money. His name was Logan Young, and Bama sent him a cease and desist letter and stripped him of his skybox and also declined his donations from then on. Thats a whole story in itself though.

Did they get the player and did the coach keep the money***

Jun 25, 2012, 12:57 PM

Im sure the coach kept the money, but after everyone found

Jun 25, 2012, 1:06 PM

out what happened, Albert Means was released by the Tide.

"What Means did or didn't know was not important to the NCAA—they just wanted Young and wanted him bad. It had been reported that he had been skirting NCAA law for three decades, but this was nothing new to the NCAA, which said that every school had boosters doing such things, but few bragged about doing it and getting away with it."

No offense, but your attempts at minimizing 'Bama's

Jun 25, 2012, 1:41 PM

part in the Albert Means scandal are comical. The courts may not have been able to prove that the highest members of 'Bama's coaching staff "knew" about what was transpiring, but, by gawd, they did prove that a 'Bama assistant coach PAID $4,000.00 to Mean's HS coach for the privilege of an official visit. Regardless, Young's status as a big-time booster made him a representative of the University of Alabama and as such made 'Bama guilty as sin.

Furthermore, 'Bama was already on probation for previous egregious NCAA violations when all this was taking place and the Crimson Tide SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE DEATH PENALTY.

IMO, the entire Albert Means proved one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt: considering all the schools involved, it clearly showed that the SEC is the cheatingest, crookedest conference in America. And also IMO, that remains true today---they've just gotten better at it---and I offer Cam Newton as living proof of it.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record..

Jun 26, 2012, 9:48 AM

when you stop and think about it, Dabo is a product of the whole '$EC cheating atmosphere'. Its all he ever knew in his young career.

Im not saying Dabo cheated, but..he was a part of that staff and if the coaches knew about the payments then you would have to include him in the misdeeds. He was a part of 2 probation eras at Bama.

"Im not saying Dabo cheated........."............Well,

Jun 26, 2012, 10:18 AM

it sure sounds like it. I'm not sure what to make of your post. Dabo played football at 'Bama and, since we all know the story of his impoverished background, he may have received some illegal benefits----to the best of my knowledge no one's ever asked him that question---perhaps you should Email Phil Kornblut and have him bring that up at the next press conference--I'm sure he'd have no qualms.

And we know Dabo was a salaried assistant briefly on the coaching staff at 'Bama---starting at a position slightly higher than a volunteer. But, of course, Swinney worked with WR's and Albert Means was a lineman.

The implication of Dabo's "possible" involvement in the rampant cheating that was going on at 'Bama at the time (and undoubtedly still does---skunks don't change their stripes) is something we would usually only see from usuck trolls.

But make no mistake about the SEC---Georgia and Kentucky were also knee deep in the Means scandal---and from what I remember, so was Tennessee (& MichSt). UT got a bye from the NCAA simply because Fulmer turned over evidence----though Fulmer lied and vociferously denied ever doing so for months through the press, it was eventually confirmed. Odd that Tennessee got a bye on Albert Means AND on Cofer and Minor for turning in other programs though they themselves had done the exact same thing.

But congratulations, you are the very first person to attempt to tie Dabo Swinney in with the cheating that was rampant at Bama during those days. Some sort of certificate should be inscribed for you.

I just made a general observation...

Jun 26, 2012, 10:32 AM

based on your previous comments to the Bama guy.

I do not think Dabo had anything to do with Means or the cheating, but you accuse Bama of being corrupt and said coaches probably knew about it....then...lets not forget that Dabo spent 12 years in Tuscaloosa while they were cheating, including 9 years as a member of the coaching staff.

Im not saying Dabo is dirty, all I am saying is that if you want to call Bama a dirty program at that time, then you have to include Dabo Swinney, who had spent over a decade of his life dedicated to that program at the time.

Jun 25, 2012, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Bama did pay a player's high school head coach 200,000…. ]

bama cheats more than in anyone in college football!

Bama fan's crying about our recruits picking us over them and then lying about them!!!!

Butt hurt much?

Jun 25, 2012, 5:25 PM

Show me one time when I cried about him picking you guys over Bama. If you look at my very first post on this message board it was congratulating Clemson for picking Robert up. You might want to check up some facts before calling me butthurt.

Trust me, Bama is not hurting for recruits.

The last line in your post is as accurate as anything

Jun 26, 2012, 10:28 AM

I've ever seen on Tigenet. And its because of that, we Clemson fans kinda don't understand Saban's arrogant anguish (not to mention all Bama fans) at failing to gain Nkemdiche's commitment......is it just because he lost the top player to Clemson that he's going to pull out all the stops now turn Nkemdiche???----the reaction is curious

Re: The last line in your post is as accurate as anything

Jun 26, 2012, 12:19 PM

I didnt mean to sound arrogant. It's just that I come over here congratulating you guys on getting him and the next thing I know, people are saying I'm butthurt and crying because Bama didnt get him. Do I want him at Bama?? Heck yeah I do. Am I butthurt and losing sleep over him committing to Clemson? Not the least bit.I would rather him be at Clemson than LSU or Ole Miss. lol

Refering to your Saban comment. Saban wants the best, and it just so happens the best player in the nation committed to Clemson. He would not be the coach he is if he just gave up on someone that is committed. He has done it in the past and he will always strive to be the best.

Again, didnt mean to sound arrogant, that was just something I said out of frustration that you think Im jealous or something. Bama has won 2 of the last 3 MNC, I have nothing be jealous about. Although, I do hope Dabo becomes our coach when Saban leaves. :)

a package that includes a 5 star, 4 star, and 3 star player

Jun 24, 2012, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true. ]

is a good package. There is no denying that.

If your looking at stars it is.

Jun 25, 2012, 12:21 AM

There is no denying that they are really good athletes. I just dont think that college coaches look at stars near as much as we "fans" do. Most of the time, if a player doesnt fit their scheme, it really doesnt matter how many stars they have, they will look elsewhere. Again, doesnt mean that they are not good players, but I just dont see Saban offering 3 scholarships for 1 person,especially when he original just offered Robert. Bama already has 2 RB's in this class and Derrick henry has decommitted from UGA and is strongly looking at Bama. We are pretty deep at DB as well so offering another RB and DB just to get a DE (a dang one at that) really just doesnt make sense in the case for Bama.

I might respect what you were saying if your spelling and...

Jun 25, 2012, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true. ]

grammar were above a 5th grade level.

Allen's brother will be 3-year starting QB at Cal this year.

Jun 25, 2012, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Might want to ask Keenan Allen if thats true. ]

He was a two-star prospect but it looks like it's working out for them (or maybe Cal can't recruit quarterbacks?).

Anyway, not disagreeing with you, but that's fine with me. Both Kamara and Gallman look to be solid prospects and even if we HAD to offer them to get Robert, I'm fine with that. They'll both contribute. I'm not saying that that is the case (that we HAD to offer them), but I'm fine if it is. And if Bama feels they don't need to play those sorts of games, I'm fine with that too.

null

I totally agreee with you.

Jun 25, 2012, 12:30 AM

If Bama was needing a RB and DB, and they both fit in Bamas system, I think there is a good possibility he could have offered them all. Either way, everything will work out..

Re: Allen's brother will be 3-year starting QB at Cal this year.

Jun 25, 2012, 12:45 AM [ in reply to Allen's brother will be 3-year starting QB at Cal this year. ]

Ever watch his brother play? He isn't very good.

Re: Allen's brother will be 3-year starting QB at Cal this year.

Jun 25, 2012, 1:29 AM

yea but his point is still the same. The kid is gonna be a 3 year starter. Even if he sucks, starting for 3 straight years at this level, even at Cal, is an accomplishment and it aint like Bama has world beaters at QB anyway

Yep he is awful and so is Cal.***

Jun 25, 2012, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Allen's brother will be 3-year starting QB at Cal this year. ]

Yes, but he is Cal's best QB since his Sophomore year.

Jun 25, 2012, 2:29 PM

The point isn't whether or not he's great. The point is that he's contributed significantly. He is a three year starter at QUARTERBACK. You can say he's not good, but clearly he's the best Cal can get.

Again, I am NOT saying that RN's friends had to be offered for him to come here, but if they did, fine. We got the #1 player in the country AND a couple of solid 3-star prospects. It's like telling me that you'll give me an Aston Martin but only if I agree to take this Lexus and this Infinity as well.

null

Whatever makes him sleep better.***

Jun 24, 2012, 7:28 PM

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Exactly***

Jun 24, 2012, 7:31 PM

Re: Knemdiche info from Danny Sheridan

Jun 24, 2012, 7:29 PM

danny sheridan. lmao. the same guy that said auburn would get the death penalty.

It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same

Jun 24, 2012, 7:36 PM

thing. Who cares though, I don't care how we got him as long as we got him. I can go ahead a tell you that Bama is not going to use three scholarships for one guy. They would only do it if they could use the other two.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same

Jun 24, 2012, 7:39 PM

So are you saying that there aren't three players on the 5A Champion Georgia state championship team worthy of scholarships?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'm daying Bama wasn't willing. I'm sure most other schools

Jun 24, 2012, 7:40 PM

would.

saying***

Jun 24, 2012, 7:41 PM

pardon my latin........but ..BS!!***

Jun 24, 2012, 10:27 PM

Jun 24, 2012, 7:41 PM [ in reply to It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same ]

bammur would spend big money to the other 2 guys to walk on

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently not.***

Jun 24, 2012, 7:42 PM

Re: Apparently not.***

Jun 25, 2012, 1:33 AM

well bama didn't get RN..

so what you think happened is RN really wanted to go to Bama? cause if you really think that you are not correct, no matter what your friend told you.

Jun 24, 2012, 7:55 PM [ in reply to It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same ]

I bet you base a guy's talent off of how many stars he has.

Jun 24, 2012, 8:23 PM [ in reply to It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same ]

please go fetch us a beer.

Just curious...

Jun 24, 2012, 8:44 PM [ in reply to It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same ]

What does an OC at Monroe H.S. have to do with anything? I'm not questioning your source but I don't see why a coach at a high school other than Nkemdiche's would have inside knowledge in the matter...

Monroe, GA. They have had an ESPN top 150 out of that

Jun 24, 2012, 9:55 PM

small H.S. 2 of the last 3 years. My buddy has talked to Saban, Dabo, Richt, and every other coach that has come through there. Richt told my buddy that they weren't even after Nkemdiche that hard because he thought he was a shoe in for Bama. My buddy knows what he is talking about. He told me about Saban's oversigning practices long before anyone talked about it.

Re: Monroe, GA. They have had an ESPN top 150 out of that

Jun 24, 2012, 10:13 PM

I don't doubt that he's a legit reference. But none of that supports the claim that the only reason he may not end up at UA is they weren't willing to oblige Nkemdiche's package deal request.

Coaches also try to save face when they lose a high profile recruit from their own state. Georgia has NEVER been in the lead group for Nkemdiche and he has made that known throughout his recruitment (he's been asked in nearly every interview I've watched). If UGA (Richt) wasn't recruiting him hard, it wasn't just because they thought he was a lock to UA...

Re: Monroe, GA. They have had an ESPN top 150 out of that

Jun 25, 2012, 1:35 AM

man you know how this is... Some guy gets on the internet and wants to get people thinking he is in the know and so he says I know so and so and this is what they said.

Basically he is telling you that the offensive coordinator for a high school team in georgia is tight with Nick and Nick told him they didn't want to do the package thing... lol

in other words, he doesn't know shvt

Jun 25, 2012, 1:26 PM [ in reply to It's true. My buddy is an OC at Monroe H.S. He said same ]

Well look the coot girl is back

We offered all three

Jun 24, 2012, 7:37 PM

Cause they were good players...watch Grayson trio rock it this year....

Re: We offered all three

Jun 24, 2012, 7:44 PM

ya think that big bad bammur will stop recruiting the guy or sweeten the deal some?? gotta hunch they will

Re: Knemdiche tweet from Danny Sheridan

Jun 24, 2012, 7:47 PM

Glad we did. They're all going to be good players.

Who is Danny Sheridan? Related to richard?***

Jun 24, 2012, 7:48 PM

So ? He's just tweeting what bama people told him?

Jun 24, 2012, 7:51 PM

They're reaching for anything top explain how they didn't get him.

1st they said the HS hc would be hired, now they're saying an extra scholly was given.

Who was was it (Rumph?) that Bama hired away from CU last year to get Pagan ?

Re: So ? He's just tweeting what bama people told him?

Jun 24, 2012, 11:05 PM

Clemson hasn't gotten him yet. It a long way to February. Is Dabo going to pull his offer if he visits other schools?

Re: So ? He's just tweeting what bama people told him?

Jun 25, 2012, 2:08 PM

Boy you dirtpeckers along with your SEC buddies are really butt hurt

They hired Rumph to try to get Clowney***

Jun 24, 2012, 11:55 PM [ in reply to So ? He's just tweeting what bama people told him? ]

Jun 24, 2012, 8:00 PM

So - Danny S is basically saying that Saban and his coaches are STUPID??? One would have to be STUPID to ignore getting RN and his 2 friends. What else has Danny said that will make Saban put him in his place? Saban knows what he's doing - so why criticize anything he does until he actually does something to make Bama fall out of the Top 10? Looks like DS has egg on his face with that comment.

3 good players***

Jun 24, 2012, 8:07 PM

Jun 24, 2012, 8:22 PM

If this was true, why would Gallman and Kamara commit to Clemson before Nkemdiche? He would have had several more months to work on the coaches for these different schools to try to convince them without needing to commit now.

He has also indicated that LSU finished #2 (ahead of UA) for his services. Why would LSU jump UA if he was sold on UA except for this technicality?

I'm not buying it...

Danny is die-hard Bama. He is showing his pride.

Jun 24, 2012, 8:41 PM

This means we have a good one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...and Danny knew who the "bag man" at Auburn was too.

Jun 24, 2012, 9:50 PM

Or at least that what he claimed until questioned by authorities.

Also, so what if that is true? His teamates aren't too bad themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

So? I can see that. We ain't Bama.***

Jun 24, 2012, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ain't Bama.***

Jun 25, 2012, 1:39 AM

even if that were true why would any Clemson fan say that?

sometimes being sometimes being the pragmatist realist is just being a bad fan.

only a ###### would say we aint any other team.

Whatever it takes to make you sleep at night.***

Jun 24, 2012, 11:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not buying that, Bama would have definitely been up for that***

Jun 24, 2012, 11:49 PM

I'm not buying it either, but I would bet the farm

Jun 25, 2012, 12:55 PM

that Bama would not have been up for that. I hate to sound like this, but Bama is not in a position to where they would need to. I recall when Julio Jones was being interviewed and the reporter asked him, "What made you want to come to Alabama?" He responded with a statement that Coach Saban told him one day when they were talking. He said " Saban looked me in the eyes and said,'"We will win with you, or without you".

That was in 2008, when we was in need of every athlete we could get our hands on. Fast forward to 2012, I dont think Sabans approach with recruits have changed that much and I dont believe Saban offered a package deal.

To be honest, I dont think Clemson did either.

Crap like this shouldn't be allowed on TNet

Jun 25, 2012, 1:17 AM

People trying to start rumors to injure the university...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Because things posted on a message board

Jun 25, 2012, 1:03 PM

really hold weight with the general population. Right.

Jun 25, 2012, 5:45 AM

This was something interesting to read as I sat on the toilet, thanks.

All 3 are good takes, so seems like a great deal to me!!***

Jun 25, 2012, 1:13 PM

Jun 25, 2012, 2:05 PM

That POS said the ncaa thought we had a bagman!!!!

Bama would have agreed then pulled the scholly's NSD!***

Jun 25, 2012, 3:12 PM

Re: Bama would have agreed then pulled the scholly's NSD!***

Jun 25, 2012, 5:37 PM

Thats funny. Although it is probably a true statement. lol

Jun 25, 2012, 6:35 PM

LMAO