Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY Focus Group idea help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

IPTAY Focus Group idea help

Jan 24, 2019, 9:56 AM

My father has been invited to a focus group for IPTAY to "provide valuable insight and thoughtful discussion about the current and future state of IPTAY."

I've got a few ideas that I'm going to send him to discuss there, but I wanted to give the bright minds of TNET an opportunity to weigh in on different ideas for IPTAY so that I can relay them to the powers that be.

Any (good) ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: IPTAY Focus Group idea help

Jan 24, 2019, 10:08 AM

Expand capacity to 250,000, and all the seat should be between the 40's and now more than 10 rows from the feild.

Dabo should spend an least an hour with every donor pregame.

There should be free concessions that never runout all within 25ft of every seat.

Build a monorail from the parking lots to the stadium, the stations should be no more than a 5 minute walk from and parking spot or seat.

Expand the season to all year so we can watch our tigers 52 weeks a year, the off season is a real turn off.

Add a retractable dome to allow the sides to be opened independently, such that we can allow it to only rain on the visitors sideline, but never on the stands. There should also be a rain system built into the dome to provide rain should the weather no cooperate.

Air condition for September games, and heating for November games.

I'm going to the same meeting... got the call last week.

Jan 24, 2019, 10:23 AM

I would never ask for input from this board... why punish yourself? :)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

If I get 1 good idea, it'll be worth it..

Jan 24, 2019, 11:11 AM

But yes, I know that I am risking being trolled by the resident coots and mangy dogs.

Grabbing my popcorn. The replies ought to be entertaining.***

Jan 24, 2019, 10:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 10:36 AM

more seating capacity so IPTAY will not have to raise donations or prices

They are not going to raise the cost of everything to pay

Jan 24, 2019, 1:40 PM

for an expansion? Stadium is large enough. If we start to lose a few games, the crowd will dwindle. I attended through the years when you could not sell an extra ticket prior to the game for anything close to face value.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 10:49 AM

keep it affordable.... these are good times, won't always be like this. I know a few people who have dropped their season tix because it got too expensive. This is a unique fan base, don't let it get away because it costs so much.

FILL THE HILL.... maybe that's first.

Quit coddling the students, I like the student IPTAY buy in. Let them put some skin in the game. The ones that buy in give them season tix in the student section just like everyone else... figure the student part out, its what makes college football great so get them to the games and keep them in the game, maybe a free hotdog and water after the 3d quarter something (will help wash the alcohol out too :))

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 11:14 AM

I agree. Filling the hill and getting more student involvement is extremely important. I personally paid for IPTAY all 5 years of college and never regretted it. If they aren't going to make students pay, then they need to have some sort of consequences for not attending the games or rewards for attending.

Jan 24, 2019, 11:40 AM

Iptay student membership for four years is 140. Add another 100 onto tuition in the "student fee" for full-time tuition, and have every student a member of Iptay. As far as pulling them from the tailgate or Tigertown and fill the hill, I don't know how to do that. Part of the problem may be the students now know nothing other than 10 win seasons and CFP playoffs every year. They didn't have to appreciate being fans when the wins weren't as abundant as they are today.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not meant to be disrespectful but, I doubt

Jan 24, 2019, 11:56 AM

You have any good ideas ...and won't find any

Just a bunch of pipe dreams and shoulds.

Iptay has obviously hit the same wall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Does somebody need a hug?***

Jan 24, 2019, 12:19 PM

You disagree***

Jan 24, 2019, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Disagree about what?***

Jan 24, 2019, 12:46 PM

With my post .

Jan 24, 2019, 1:07 PM

Cause all I have seen so far is shoulds and unrealistic ideas

I disagree.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:12 PM

I disagree that I don't have any good ideas or that I won't find any. What a negative outlook on people trying to help. Plus you have no clue what ideas I have.

I disagree that it's just a bunch of pipe dreams and shoulds. Dabo would certainly disagree that any dream, no matter how big, is just a pipe dream.

I disagree that IPTAY has obviously hit a wall. They are getting financial donations at a historical level and don't show any signs of slowing down.

Maybe you are the one that has hit a wall. If you aren't willing to think outside the box and try to help improve IPTAY and Clemson, then maybe you are the unrealistic one.

Some ideas may be good, but not achievable currently. Some may be bad. Either way, your negative outlook doesn't do a bit of good.

So you found a good idea?

Jan 24, 2019, 1:24 PM

Post it.

So you have a good idea..
Post it..
Attitude smattitude... prove me right or wrong. Dont opra me with emo rainbows and unicorns.

Let's read them.

TigerO came close..
Identified an issue
Came up with an inexpensive, realistic solution

However, he only addressed half the problem.

Even when students have tickets and they do want to go to the game, they show up too late to be on the hill by kickoff... how do you realistically convince a person to show up 30 mins early?

Re: So you found a good idea?

Jan 24, 2019, 1:36 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-IPTAY-Focus-Group-idea-help-24968681

Done. Found 1 good idea. Even if I don't like it, it's still a good idea. And it proves that you are, in fact, WRONG.

I've got other ideas, such as how to handle student tickets electronically, how to reward students who arrive early and/or hang around after halftime, and how to improve game-day transportation issues (which is actually part of my line of work). However, since you've expressed a very negative and glass-half-empty opinion that has proven to be incorrect, I don't feel any need to entertain you or vet my ideas with you.

You are not doing anything here except being a pessimist. I guess your mother didn't teach you correctly. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Let's see them dr phil.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:44 PM

You've posted 90000 word essays insulting me yet have not offered one idea.

You are fully meeting my expectations.

Fine, here is an idea.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:53 PM

Provide student tickets electronically via their student IDs and an app rather than through physical tickets.

This would allow:
-student tickets to be distributed without having to pick up a physical ticket.

-students to directly cancel or return a ticket from their smartphone if they cannot attend a game rather than returning a physical ticket.

-restriction of student ticket sales to other students or non-students.

-the ticket office to track which students did or did not use their tickets.

-the ticket office to electronically deliver unused tickets immediately to students on game-day rather than picking up a physical ticket.

-the ticket office to potentially distribute unused tickets to non-students who signed up for the app and entered the pool for tickets after their location services confirm that they are in Clemson.

Thank you, next.

Jan 24, 2019, 12:07 PM

1) Fill the hill ...even if it means putting seats on some of it...take part of the home side student section away from the students and make it IPTAY seating and then put those students on the hill...whatever has to be done...fill the hill!!!

2) give members a chance to decline their playoff tickets if they don’t like where they get seated!!!

3) log term...cut off rope 10-15 rows of the upper decks and put the seating in the East end zone addition above the hill!!! Keep capacity the same...just eliminate the worst seats that never get filled anyway and add them back in better/lower endzone seating!!! This will also add to our noise e level (as if we need it) because it will be more of a bowl...

4) every year (start with the best middle sections) add chaired seating and eliminate the aluminum seating with no seat backs...take 2 or 3 years to complete the entire lower bowl ... make the seating orange!!!

5) find a way to make the band twice as big as it is now!!! Put $ into it or whatever but make it another part of the football showcase amd the best in the country!!!

Jan 24, 2019, 2:57 PM

Playoff ticket purchases should give you the option to receive bowl/playoff tickets if you are NOT going to get Championship Tickets. Luckily we got NC tickets for 2016 and 2018. 2017 we didn't order Sugar Bowl and found out after orders were in that we wpuld not get NC tickets. By then it was too late to try to go. They have the orders in and number of tickets available, so they should be able to determine who gets what.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 12:48 PM

Split The Hill.

Make the side by the band general admission.

Make the side by the student section student tickets.

Have tickets for each side enter from the corner gate on that side.

This will allow The Hill to be closest to full prior to the start of the game.

After the carpet is rolled up, people can stand where they would like.

Obviously students are allowed to purchase any ticket, so they would be able to purchase "band side" of The Hill also. They could even get first chance to purchase on Fridays. Have remaining tickets for sale on game days.

Kid tickets for the hill... Cheaper tickets and it fills the

Jan 24, 2019, 1:54 PM

hill

Jan 24, 2019, 2:15 PM

As others have stated, must find a way to fill the hill and really all student sections. There are students wanting to attend, but unable to get tickets to certain games.

I realize sponsors are hyper important. However, it seems to kill the vibe during timeouts when Dale Gilbert is reading or introducing on field sponsors, instead of the DJ keeping the crowd pumped up. There has been a definitely decline in DJ play time. TV timeouts are brutally long as is.

I'm not an architect or engineer. But, installation of an escalator system to reach the upper decks would be a welcome addition. NFL stadiums (Panthers, Cowboys, etc.) have them.

My wife complains about our existing video boards, would like them bigger. I focus on the field myself.

Parking, parking, parking is an ongoing issue with all the campus construction. I gave away my Iptay parking this season and purchased church parking for the season. It was cheaper than upping my Iptay contribution with the hope of getting improved parking.

I went to an Ole Miss game in 2017. You can have concessions delivered to your seat via an app. That was pretty sweet!

Wow, look at all these good ideas.

Jan 24, 2019, 2:16 PM

And to think that some coot said we wouldn't get any good ideas.

Re: Wow, look at all these good ideas.

Jan 24, 2019, 3:21 PM

Need a “grass roots” iptay area rep in addition to the legit iptay rep. These need to be charismatic all in Clemson people! Charge $100 iptay memberships for the common man! And basically all you get is a car decal and the pride to say..I support the tigers! No tickets..no parking ... just a sticker. This state is full of people who love Clemson, but never had the opportunity or means to attend! iptay made Clemson athletics great, not w a huge alumni base, but with a huge fan base. Iptay has forgotten this! And for years this low hanging fruit has been dying on the vine! The Paw has never been stronger...get back to your roots Iptay! There are hundreds of thousands of $100 bills waiting to be plucked from eager hands in exchange for 25 cents sticker! MIGA

No Offense

Jan 24, 2019, 3:08 PM

to your Father but this is probably IPTAY inviting a group of individuals they know who are not going to criticize IPTAY.

None taken

Jan 24, 2019, 3:17 PM

But my father is definitely not of the "not criticizing" variety. LOL. And the guys at IPTAY know this very well.

I don't think anyone is going to bash IPTAY. They are doing a great job. But there's definitely some areas that IPTAY and our whole athletic department can still improve.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic