Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring game observations: Lawrence thrills early, Tigers show talent all over the field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New Story: Spring game observations: Lawrence thrills early, Tigers show talent all over the field

Apr 14, 2018, 5:00 PM

Spring game observations: Lawrence thrills early, Tigers show talent all over the field

Clemson held the annual Orange and White Game Saturday afternoon in Death Valley in front of a large and solidly orange crowd. Here are some quick observations from each half. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spring Game Observations

Apr 14, 2018, 5:27 PM

Trevor Lawrence is as good as advertised. He looks better than DW4 did as a freshman.

Brice and Johnson were hot and cold.

KB didn't look good, but that's to be expected if you're playing one-hand touch and take his legs away.

Our defense is going to be nasty.

1st half, DBs looked questionable and Tee and Ren were ??

Apr 14, 2018, 5:34 PM

However, the other highly touted receivers were not eye popping. Good, but not WOW!

Amari as a returner? Not sure. The freshman, yes, but only if we can trust his ball security and judgement is sound.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spring Game Observations

Apr 14, 2018, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Spring Game Observations ]

Maybe I expected too much from the QBs.

But, I do think they should all be even at this point.

KB not looking good is "to be expected?" Huh?

Apr 14, 2018, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Spring Game Observations ]

I don't understand why the fact that today wasn't tackle football gives Bryant an excuse for not passing worth a crap. We are an elite program and will be back in the playoffs again this year with a chance to win another national championship. Our starting QB should be able to regularly hit wide open receivers, and Bryant couldn't do that today. He's never been able to do it with any consistency, and the fact that it was touch football for the QBs today has nothing to do with that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Damm Judge, you're on point today

Apr 14, 2018, 9:08 PM

Usually don't see you this fired up until basketball season. +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spring Game Observations

Apr 15, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Spring Game Observations ]

All 5 of KB's first half drives were 3 and out, what does that say, and please don't use he was at a disadvantage bc of the touch rule, all the QB's played by the exact rules.

I really thought that Hunter Johnson would have been the better QB in the spring game bc TL hadn't been at Clemson long enough to close the gap to HJ. I was wrong bc TL is clearly the best QB to run the Clemson offense. As a raw true freshman, he showed why he was the best HS QB in the country, and how he broke most records that DW4 set as a HS QB. IMO, if TL continues to get college ready during the summer and fall camp, to not name him as the starter is saying that winning at the highest level isn't all that important to our coaches. Our senior QB that lead our team last year was 3 and out through 5 Five drives in the first half. Our red shirt freshman scored most of the points for the white team that KB played on. If the starter for the white team was to be named for that team, Chase Brice won that competition, and TL won that competition for the orange team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mullen (and all the receivers) MUST make sure they and only

Apr 14, 2018, 5:28 PM

they catch the ball! QBs need to know they can count on them to not give up an interception in a competitive catch battle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mullen (and all the receivers) MUST make sure they and only

Apr 14, 2018, 7:01 PM

Hey its a spring game with touch football on the QB and half-speed on the returns but I think Rogers can be productive at worst, some receivers need to fight harder for position and not let things like the pick 6 happen but we've got 4 QB's we can win with and perhaps(?) one that could lead us to 3 NC's in a row considering the other players on the field!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic