Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just in case anyone was or is confused
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,955

Just in case anyone was or is confused

Aug 16, 2012, 8:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Just in case anyone was or is confused

Aug 16, 2012, 8:09 AM

As Dabo correctly said, "my children's grand children won't live long enough to see this as a rivalry". It has been more of a domination, and Clemson is the University of SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2012, 9:00 AM

They might if he stays the HC

Careful...

Aug 16, 2012, 10:10 AM

your feathers are showing...

Re: Careful...

Aug 19, 2012, 5:39 PM

Yep! They can't hide it but just so long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2012, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Just in case anyone was or is confused ]

That was pretty cootish, and it couldn't have been less accurate. It seems like some are wishful that Dabo fail, but their wishes won't impact what Dabo said, and ss bad as coots hate it, he was absolutely right.

Aug 16, 2012, 9:03 AM

When I look at the numerous times we've won 3 or 4 straight over the cootnecks, it's kind of laughable that they're now claiming that "they don't care so much" about the rivalry and that they care more about the SEC. Hogwash.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 16, 2012, 9:13 AM

dave, did you create this picture?

If so, it is awesome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know this isn't a popular opinion

Aug 16, 2012, 9:24 AM

If they want to go around talking about how they've 'dominated' us recently, and just forget the historical record, I say let 'em.

The best way to shut them up has always been on the field...We need to be in DV supporting our boys in November... that means, very little garnet should be in our lower decks....

I agree

Aug 16, 2012, 9:36 AM

You get beat on the field then you get what's coming for that year. Unfortunately for us it's been 3 in a row. Once we shut them up on the field, then we can talk.

I don't disagree with that.

Aug 16, 2012, 10:14 AM

Unfortunately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Aug 16, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I know this isn't a popular opinion ]

They've earned the right to talk trash for the next couple of months. Come November we have a chance to set things right, but let them crow for now.

The only time I want to talk about the overall record is when we're widening the gap.

the funny part is

Aug 16, 2012, 9:26 AM

we have beat them 4 years in a row 4 TIMES SINCE 1980:

1980-1983
1988-1991
1997-2000
2002-2005

FOUR TIMES! They beat us 3 years in a row, and they think they're hot poop.

it does if you're playing soccer apparently.***

Aug 16, 2012, 9:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it does if you're playing soccer apparently.***

Aug 16, 2012, 10:03 AM

I would like to see Clemson beat South Carolina, but that "rivalry" is so lopsided (historically) that I'm more concerned with Clemson beating FSU & VT. (they are the schools that are Clemson's primary competition in the Atlantic division and ACC conference championship)
Then I'll focus on who is the primary competition for national championships.

It's funny to me that some South Carolina fans are so proud of beating Clemson for 3 consecutive years. Sadly (for them) that is probably as good as it will ever get in Columbia.

Aug 16, 2012, 10:10 AM

well - whatever the case is, if the chickens beat us this year, then next year is going to be he!! waiting to see if we lose 5-in-a-row. THAT doesn't happen very often by either team, and THAT is domination. We will be on the short end of the stick for years to come. WE HAD BETTER BEAT THE CHICKENS THIS YEAR!!!!!

I may be in the minority on this, but personally, I think it

Aug 19, 2012, 5:57 PM

kind of looks bad to be talking trash to them right now given the last few years and the way we have been thumped. Makes us look kind of like what they used to look like when we were drilling them regularly, with their various excuses, etc.

Like I say, maybe this is old school, but I think when you get whipped, and make no mistake they have whipped us three straight times, you just shut up and you just try to pop them back next chance you get.

I can definitely see what you are saying, but

Aug 20, 2012, 8:17 AM

a new season is upon us right now and the way I see it reagardless if they have beaten us 3 times in a row or not it is still our rivalry game and it is time to start fanning the flames.

Regardless of outcomes, the banter between rivals never dies...and regardless of the outcomeof the last 3 games, facts are facts....

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

making this my fb cover photo***

Aug 19, 2012, 5:59 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,955
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic