Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 5,214

Jordan Burch?

Apr 5, 2019, 12:26 PM

Sure it’s been posted but seems like we were heavy favorites with JB and now he’s not coming and will be his third visit with the colts... think it’s bc he knows he’s coming here almost like XT did or is he backing off bc he knows we may pull in bresee or Murphy or some of those guys ? Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jordan Burch?

Apr 5, 2019, 12:28 PM

I heard he was playing basketball in Columbia this weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 12:38 PM

All indications appear he would rather be a chicken than a Tiger. I think peer pressure and competition may have changed his mind. This would be a very, very poor decision on his part. He would be following in the same footsteps as 'ol Zach who won only one mediocre bowl game in his 4 years at the U of SuC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 12:45 PM

2000® said:

All indications appear he would rather be a chicken than a Tiger. I think peer pressure and competition may have changed his mind. This would be a very, very poor decision on his part. He would be following in the same footsteps as 'ol Zach who won only one mediocre bowl game in his 4 years at the U of SuC.

Zach hasn’t played yet. He committed last year.

Apr 5, 2019, 12:47 PM

Zach Bailey

Apr 5, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch? ]

Think he means Zach Bailey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 12:48 PM

Gotcha.

Apr 5, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch? ]

Not going to put much stock into him going to a spring game that is literally right down the road from him. It is just easier for him to get there and when you get treated like a king why wouldn't you go I know I would regardless if I was going there or not. I know we play this game every year but he isn't committing any time soon and I haven't heard anything on him updating leaders ir who has fallen or risen. So right now I wouldn't be worried or happy because it will be down the road before he commits. As far as competition and playing time Clemson coaches have shown way more than Muschamp they are willing to play freshmen. I guarantee you if you look up the plays and minutes played by freshmen Clemson is WAY WAY WAY beyond anything South Carolina could sell. Not to mention this staff has shown the best layer will play regardless of experience. It will be okay he hasn't been anywhere of late but South carolina and thats because he went with his school one time and its right down the road.

Apr 5, 2019, 2:30 PM

If I'm the coaches then I have Xavier Thomas host him the next time he comes in for a visit. Thomas was behind a lot more experienced talent last year than Burch would be if he came here, and Thomas still got on the field enough to make a large impact. Thomas is also in a great position to be one of our biggest players on defense this coming year in only his 2nd season.

Apr 5, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch? ]

Also not to mention in recent years guys such as Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence have gotten on the field and made huge impacts as freshman.

Apr 5, 2019, 1:41 PM

The way I see it you can offer a kid filet mignon, but some kids will still choose McDonald's and the clown.

theres no reason to bring up the white house visit

Apr 5, 2019, 1:47 PM

Apr 5, 2019, 1:59 PM

I have learned to not stress as much over recruiting. The players that want to be ALLIN will pick us. I want to focus my energy on the ones that have signed, put in the hard work, and are proud Clemson Tigers. Spot the ball! Time to repeat as National Champions. Go Tigers!

Apr 5, 2019, 2:23 PM

Those who are concluding that he has decided to be a coot, or who are criticizing any decisions he has made about visits, are making an awful lot of assumptions.

Probably not wise to assume what is going on in the head of a teenager. And, a little bit creepy.

Apr 5, 2019, 2:56 PM

If we offer a prospect we know Dabo and staff think he is a worthy person. If the prospect decides to go to another school, he is still the same person so there is no need to "bad mouth" him. We always offer many more prospects then we have open spots but have to cover our bases because we will never get all of those at the top of our list. Sometimes our coaches may have a silent commit and back off of another top rated prospect so that he may review other options. I don't know the situation with Burch but if Dabo wants him, he will be a Tiger.

Knighton, a former Oklahoma commit and an excellent RB, was high on Clemson and some have suggested we may have backed off because Bowman, a higher rated RB, moved Clemson to the top of his list and will be here for the Spring game. Now Evans, a Texan and the highest rated RB in the 2020 class, will also be here for the Spring game and we are all aware that when Dabo gets a prospect on campus, our chances with that prospect are improved exponentially.

Naturally, we want to see all of those 5***** and top 4**** prospects commit this weekend and we would even appreciate a hint of a silent commit from each one. Recruiting is somewhat like a special trip we are planning. The planning is fun and the trip is fun but when we get home we sometimes believe that is the best part of our trip. We're in the fun stage at the moment and on signing day, we can relax because that's the end of the trip.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We want guys who aren’t afraid of competition and being driven to be their best.

Apr 5, 2019, 3:47 PM

I’m not saying that is not the case for Burch but if the lure of early PT and peer pressure are enough to lure you into an inferior program we don’t need that type of player. Hopefully he does what’s best for him and his family but Clemson had a proven staff with great personalities. We are churning guys out to the NFL left and right especially on the defensive line. I get it. Clemson’s not for everyone and those who go elsewhere are not bad players for doing so. There are some of these guys that have turned us down over the years that I really have to question their decision considering all of the coaching and player development benefits that they would’ve had by coming to Clemson over programs like.....UofSuCk. It just doesn’t make good sense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its better than him visiting UGA, Alabama, Ohio State, Okla

Apr 5, 2019, 3:55 PM

or FSU....i'd rather him play for Carolina any day other than a team that actually moves the needle from a CFP perspective.

You think one player makes a huge difference if he's teamed up with 9 or 10 other scrubs? Going to CArolina will affect us about like if he had went to Wake Forest. He might get a sack or two but he'd end up losing by 3 touchdowns.

All that said... i hope he gets up to Tiger Town and dons the Orange Purple..i think he'd like to own one of those Natty Rings too...

Re: its better than him visiting UGA, Alabama, Ohio State, Okla

Apr 5, 2019, 4:06 PM

I’m not concerned about where any of them go from a competition standpoint because our coaches have continually taken lower rated players than they guys they’ve “missed” on and won a pair of national championships anyway. A lot of players over the years have gone to the big name programs over us and lost to us anyway. Remember Lawson and Adams at Auburn? There are so many others as well but choosing SC over Clemson doesn’t make good sense unless you’re just a born and bred coot. SC is a joke of a program with a joke for coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 5,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic