Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe21 should be the only one allowed...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Joe21 should be the only one allowed...

Dec 3, 2018, 3:50 PM

...to use the Leather Helmet avatar. (Banks McFadden)

If you are using the leather helmet avatar and you are not Joe21, please change it.
Crump, please make it happen.

Message was edited by: Tiger1983®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe21 should be the only one allowed...

Dec 3, 2018, 4:00 PM

I second this motion

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 4:02 PM

I’m with you. He sets himself apart and earned the leather helmet

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 3, 2018, 4:08 PM

Agreed. You have my YES vote!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe21 IS the consumate Clemson GENTLEMAN

Dec 3, 2018, 4:23 PM

wear it proudly, Sir.

Dec 3, 2018, 4:26 PM

I think GWPTiger® should be forced to wear a leather helmet at all times.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But why though?***

Dec 3, 2018, 4:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

uh oh

Dec 3, 2018, 4:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don't understand

Dec 3, 2018, 4:59 PM

why?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I imagine you look exactly like your profile pic.***

Dec 3, 2018, 5:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 3, 2018, 5:07 PM

I'll take it one step further, many Tneters should be required to use a tinfoil helmet at all times. ; )

Thanks to GWP and Snowtown...

Dec 3, 2018, 7:11 PM

...for helping make my point.

You should've known better. It's the TNET way... ;)***

Dec 3, 2018, 7:18 PM

Dec 3, 2018, 7:25 PM

Thanks, but no thanks fellows, Those of us who choose that avatar are honoring "Bonnie Banks" McFadden.
He is a true legend of Clemson. He was an all around athlete, an All-American and a true gentleman. He represents what Clemson is all about. If any of you were fortunate enough to have known Banks, you would be shouting to the high heavens, AMEN !!! Let's see more leather helmets on this board.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a friend, who has become a good friend, that I met

Dec 3, 2018, 8:20 PM

through Tigernet. He played for Frank Howard. I asked during a tailgate this year if he had a facemask. I think he said, "Not always, BUT I NEVR HAD A HELMET THAT YOU COULD FOLD UP AND PUT IT IN YOUR POCKET!!" ....Weren't no targeting back in those days I bet.

Re: I got a friend, who has become a good friend, that I met

Dec 3, 2018, 9:00 PM

In the 1930's we had leather helmets and no face guard. The helmets were "hand-me-downs" that would have been thrown out by today's health standards. Our faces had all sorts of abrasions, broken noses and face injuries. Almost every game there were several bloody noses. My worst injury was caused by sliding on a spot where there was bare clay, the entire left side of my face was bloody. The playing field sidelines and yard markers (only the five and ten yard lines) were lined with lime. If we happened to get lime in an abrasion, it was painful.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2018, 11:51 PM

One of my uncles played for Ohio U. back in the 30's. He had a metal nose guard which was covered in India rubber. You bit into the bottom of it as a mouth guard, and the top had a leather strap that went around your head. He used it a few times while he was playing with a broken nose. A crazy contraption, but it must have worked as you would never know it was broken.

He gave it to my father, his younger brother. My uncle rarely spoke of his playing days. I recall father saying, "only men played football in those days". He played OL, and would be too small to play just about any position is todays game.

Much respect Joe, and to all of the other lettermen.

Dec 3, 2018, 9:10 PM [ in reply to I got a friend, who has become a good friend, that I met ]

It seems where helmets were intended to protect the head, they have now evolved into weapons to use against the opposition

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic