Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jay Bilas on the unc scandal (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,935

Jay Bilas on the unc scandal (link)

Jun 16, 2017, 11:01 PM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article156649234.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sellout ... ESPN writes his check ... ESPN likes UNC ...

Jun 16, 2017, 11:07 PM

connect the dots.

No respectable Dook alum would defend UNC. A real Dookie would say "no comment" at best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jay Bilas is full of crap. And let me just say,NO SCHOOL in

Jun 16, 2017, 11:14 PM

history has cheated as proficiently and successfully as North Carolina has. North Carolina sure didn't have a problem when the NCAA broke their own rules and allowed a North Carolina grad to spearhead the investigation on behalf of the NCAA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jay Bilas on the unc scandal (link)

Jun 16, 2017, 11:53 PM

I am by no means a fan of the NCAA and their hypocrisy. I think they have their noses in way too many things. But something major needs to be done to UNC. Whether it's the NCAA or the ACC or whoever. They need to pay for their fraud and pay dearly. To me not attending classes or having someone test for you and cheat your way through school is worse than accepting money or benefits. Schools need to step up and demand something drastic happen to those cheats.

Jun 17, 2017, 8:18 AM

Jay also defended Rick Pitino. He claimed Rick had no idea the annual stripper affair staged by his ace recruiter for four years was something about which Rick knew nothing . Never mind everyone else around the program knew it. Seems like Jay is going to use the Vitale model of lathering up the head coaches to ingratiate himself to the inner circle of these slime coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 9:19 AM

> Jay also defended Rick Pitino. He claimed Rick had
> no idea the annual stripper affair staged by his ace
> recruiter for four years was something about which
> Rick knew nothing . Never mind everyone else around
> the program knew it. Seems like Jay is going to use
> the Vitale model of lathering up the head coaches to
> ingratiate himself to the inner circle of these slime
> coaches.

When head coach was most likely sitting in the front row receiving a lap dance from the best of the strippers that no one saw, Right!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 11:08 AM

Jay Bilas may know quite a bit, but what he totally does not recognize as a former Duke player is that every school is first there to educate students. College sports are secondary to their core mission. I teach at a local college, as well as others in the region.

While "other" students might well have participated, the concept and academic expectations of the UNC classes were in no format academically acceptable to even a community/technical institutional standard! The accreditation agency made that quite clear! The NCAA does have a relevant part herein because to participate in any sport an athlete has to maintain a certain GPA and the use of this course at UNC was clearly intended for that purpose!

I hope the NCAA and ACC presidents throw "the book" at the tar heels! Time to pay up for their transgressions.

Jay Bilas is one reason I am thankful for remote controls***

Jun 17, 2017, 8:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugh ............... nope***

Jun 17, 2017, 8:40 AM

Always wondered whether JB

Jun 17, 2017, 9:42 AM

hated UNC or the NCAA more. Guess we know the answer now.

it is SO obvious

Jun 17, 2017, 10:37 AM

That the tarheels designed these fake classes to keep the jocks eligible to play and then allow a few regular students to enroll to bypass the NCAA rules that any fool should be able to se it! I took several easy classes while at CLEMSON as electives to make up for the science and math classes that were destroying my gpa but all those classes met and were fully staffed and grade fairly. If not for Frosty Bauknight I would never have made it! lol

None of that is in dispute

Jun 17, 2017, 11:13 AM

Even by tarhole fans.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,935
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic