Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
James Gillespie said that the crowd in Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

James Gillespie said that the crowd in Death Valley

Sep 26, 2019, 7:46 AM

was by far the best fans out of all of His recruiting visits to the teams recognized. He said it was unique because it was sold out and the fans stood up and were loudly cheering and in other entire game.

Man, if he was this with us against Charlotte, he should see the Valley against A&M, fsu or another power 5 school.

Btw, he’s a 4* DT from va in 2021 class.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is easy to have great fans when you are working on

Sep 26, 2019, 7:48 AM

30 in a row, 2 NC in a row, and 3 out of the last 4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is easy to have great fans when you are working on

Sep 26, 2019, 8:22 AM

I’m not trying to stir nothing up, here, but are you saying we’re fair weather fans?

BTW: the stands were only half full once the ‘Safety’ filming finished...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

^ True

Sep 26, 2019, 8:35 AM

but that exodus of fans after the filming was the rush to the rest rooms & concessions AFTER being made movie stars.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ True

Sep 26, 2019, 8:44 AM

. . . s’pose I should have added “... from after the filming until the end of the game.”, eh? I’m thinking the movie stardom, fame and fortune went to the heads of about 40,000 fans, because they were too good to come back and watch our other 70 or 80 players in action...

ijs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 8:49 AM

Some people are driving several hours to get home after the game and wanted to get an early start since the outcome was known at that point. I don't blame them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: ^ True ]

And a lot were just trying to get out of town early so they could get home before 3am. I talked to several old timers and some people with young kids that planned to leave at the half because they just can’t handle the late nights...

One reason I don’t like the late games. Or judgemental message board Trolls.

Of course we have a lot of fairweather fans

Sep 26, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: is easy to have great fans when you are working on ]

half the people in the stands know little to nothing about football. They go for the good time and leave for the tailgate at half time cause that's where the party is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there’s my problem Neal . . .

Sep 26, 2019, 9:10 AM

. . . besides my inability to effectively wisecrack on you’re post, I’m also just a judgmental troll UDP’er who pays a pretty fair price to get to see my Tigers play seven times a year, so I’m in my seat to sing the alma mater with the players at the end of the game. I had no clue there were halftime tailgates?!

Well, they say the first step to recovery is acknowledging you have a problem.

Hello, my name is Bill and I am a troll....

GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: is easy to have great fans when you are working on

Sep 26, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to is easy to have great fans when you are working on ]

I mean it's not like Clemson had bad attendance or fans before. We typically had 75,000+ fans per game in the Bowden era despite how many times we were let down. I'd say if we weren't having this kind of success, the Charlotte game still would have had a decent crowd.

GO TIGERS

Isn't he smart enough to know it was all a charade?

Sep 26, 2019, 9:41 AM

Those were 81,000 extras there to help film a movie. The real crowd would have been nothing like that. :)

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic