Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
J Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

J Venables

Jul 2, 2017, 5:35 PM

Just read the article on the LB from SC who we couldn't offer bc we are full with mike Jones and venables commited. Wondering why Venables needs that scholarship? Not saying he isn't good enough and doesn't deserve it but we know coach can afford the in-state tuition and that scholly could go to improving the team even more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might not be true, but I think if he was just a student

Jul 2, 2017, 5:46 PM

whose parents were paying his tuition he would not have access to the training table, etc. I'm thinking all those that actually play have to be on scholarship. Otherwise, a school could have more than the 85 limit.

I do know that if say a basketball or baseball scholarship player wants to play football, he has to have a football scholarship. This started with Bear Bryant when he was at Kentucky. He took some of the basketball scholarships and gave them to football players.

Re: J Venables

Jul 2, 2017, 5:51 PM

Shaq Smith, Tre Lamar, Chad Smith, skaliski, joseph, are all young. Joseph is the lone Junior. Add Justin foster this year, Mike Jones and Jake next year. Why do we need another linebacker? Clemson doesn't give scholarships for no reason. Dabo's own son is a walk on. So if Jake earned that scholarship he deserves it. It's not fair to him to pull it.

He's a legit 4* kid. He earned it. He could have went

Jul 2, 2017, 6:59 PM

somewhere else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: He's a legit 4* kid. He earned it. He could have went

Jul 2, 2017, 7:02 PM

RT,
There are posters on here who have been fans and supporters for forty to sixty years! Get a life! You frankly think your posts are "cute" and legit, but to put it mildly you are a laughing stock herein. No offense intended, just honest assessment. Go home to momma.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^this

Jul 2, 2017, 7:08 PM

I pretty much feel the same way

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's RT to my friends, you can call me Renegade until

Jul 2, 2017, 7:18 PM

your attitude improves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would hate to visit your crawl space***

Jul 2, 2017, 7:31 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's a legit 4* kid. He earned it. He could have went

Jul 2, 2017, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: He's a legit 4* kid. He earned it. He could have went ]

FM, I have no clue where you live, but I would fully recommend you move to downtown Columbia because you are either a "closet" coot or a whiny nervous fan who thinks the "sky is falling."

Jul 2, 2017, 7:18 PM

I want him on scholarship. He is legit.
Plus think of it this way, Jake being on scholarship the next 4 years also means his father will be too.

Jul 2, 2017, 7:52 PM

This. Think of Jake's scholly as even more than an offer to a deserving kid. It's insurance that his dad sticks around. That's worth more than any one player on defense.

Jul 2, 2017, 9:31 PM

I believe that BV would stay at Clemson even if he didn't have a kid that played FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why can't Jake be the grayshirt?

Jul 2, 2017, 8:03 PM

still a scholarship player, just counts towards next year's number (where we have more spots). especially if it means getting a great player from SC that will end up a coot otherwise.

also, I don't see why a kid being a grayshirt has to be made public. it gives them an unfair label that they're stuck with. like they're a walk on not worthy of a full scholarship or something

Do you actually think nobody would not question why he did

Jul 2, 2017, 9:20 PM

not show up in July when the rest of the signees moved in? The coaches got the players they wanted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're in GREAT shape at LB.

Jul 2, 2017, 10:56 PM

No reason to inflate our numbers at LB when they are deep and young right now.

Jake deserves a scholarship and if him being here helps keep BV here he's worth 10 scholarships.

Jul 3, 2017, 12:41 AM

even though this kid has earned and DESERVES this scholarship, to help keep and ensure Brent Venables stays as DC at Clemson for at least another 4 years, WHO CARES....BV is by far the best DC in the country and whatever it takes to keep him I am all for it......Go Tigers!!!!

Jul 3, 2017, 1:02 AM

Agreed. It can be both, he deserves it and locks up our DC for the next 4 years. How did we lose again? Lol

Jul 3, 2017, 1:14 AM

Doesn't BV have another son who's like 15-16? I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure he does and apparently the kid can also play ball pretty well too. We may have BV locked up for a lot longer than just 4 years

Jul 3, 2017, 1:18 AM

I'll take it, best in the business.

Tyler Venables

Jul 3, 2017, 4:11 AM [ in reply to Re: J Venables ]

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Venables-94711

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic