Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good luck Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Good luck Clemson

Aug 24, 2019, 5:10 PM

I'm an Alabama alum and I was here briefly last year before the CFP national championship game.

There's clearly a rivalry forming here, and I don't see any reason why it has to become a nasty one. I won't speak for the Clemson fanbase, but the one thing that was lacking in Saban's dynasty run was a truly capable superpower opposing Alabama. To me, a Clemson type program that is as good or arguably better than Bama right now makes Alabama a much better program.

In the offseason when our coaches or players are tired or unmotivated, who are they thinking about? Each other. It makes them watch a little more film, squeeze out a few more reps and have one less beer at the party.

Because of Clemson, Bama will prepare better and has a higher chance of moving through the regular season unscathed seeking an opportunity to play Clemson once more. I'd imagine your guys feel the same.

Hope to see you guys take care of business and perhaps we'll see each other again in the offseason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good luck Clemson

Aug 24, 2019, 5:18 PM

Good luck to you to. I have a good friend who is an Alabama alumni and we both enjoy the rivalry that is becoming bigger between the two teams. I feel Alabama fans in general have alot of respect for Clemson and what they have accomplished. Hope to see yall in the Championship Game again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 5:19 PM

Agree with you. No need to be nasty. We have a lot of ties with Bammer. However, when y'all kicked out ### ,we didn't say a word. Having said that, we want to play Bama, we're the best two teams in the country, it is fun for me win or lose,don't want to lose, but a great rivalry is great for me and college football. Hope to see this game again this year, it's up to everyone else to catch up. Good luck!

Aug 24, 2019, 5:40 PM

Yeah, agree. Sadly the worst parts of our respective fanbases tend to be the loudest and most provocative. I don't let the poorly informed Bama fans speak on my behalf and the bulk of the base isn't like the compensators you might see on the web. Trevor Lawrence is, well, possibly not of this Earth!

Aug 24, 2019, 5:19 PM

Agree with you. No need to be nasty. We have a lot of ties with Bammer. However, when y'all kicked out ### ,we didn't say a word. Having said that, we want to play Bama, we're the best two teams in the country, it is fun for me win or lose,don't want to lose, but a great rivalry is great for me and college football. Hope to see this game again this year, it's up to everyone else to catch up. Good luck!

I’ve been to all 3 national title games against

Aug 24, 2019, 5:35 PM

You guys and the respect level of the core segment of fan bases seems to be mutual between the 2 programs. Sure am hoping for a fourth trip to see our 2 schools play in New Orleans in January!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said

Aug 24, 2019, 6:05 PM

Welcome to TigerNet. Come back with substantive football discussion any time. Looking forward to another rematch in the CFP this season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 7:48 PM

Fair enough.

I think we’ll be knocking heads for quite a few Januarys to come!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic