Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've been reading a lot of "next year is our year"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

I've been reading a lot of "next year is our year"

Aug 22, 2015, 7:29 PM

posts over the last couple of years.. and these are posted before the upcoming season even starts. I used to find merit in them... but no more.
This is our year. And, its fine by me if next year is too.
15-0. Tigers play as a solid team, deep enough to avoid devastating injury, well coached, and ready to make their legacy.
Lets go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I agree! Even though I believe that

Aug 22, 2015, 8:09 PM

We should be better next year, why not now? We've got some weaknesses, but it could happen this year because DW is a game changer. Auburn rode Cam, Texas rode Vince, so we can ride DW. '81 started the season very average, and turned the corner into greatness. By year's end, '15 could be a great team!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been reading a lot of "next year is our year"

Aug 22, 2015, 8:25 PM

I believe with some outright luck regarding any key personnel injuries we could have a great season. While the schedule is difficult, our most challenging games are at home. If we can go 11-1 and then win the ACC I feel we would involved in the final four for another national championship. I do recognize however we are young and lack experience in key positions, especially OL and now LB. Our loss of upper class talent may hurt somewhere we can't afford. The kicking game is a whole other matter! I can see us losing as many as three games or winning all of them.

Next season we will have greater depth total team wise, but we play Auburn to open away, and have FSU and Ga. Tech on the road. Frankly I would love to see Clemson win all three and doing so would almost insure our invitation to the playoffs! Tigers take your pick. Win now and hope we do so with all our players or gain experience and face a truly difficult schedule in 2017. Perhaps we get there now and have a superb chance of repeating. Who knows? I have learned thru the years to expect the unexpected both bad and good, but to also enjoy the ride with a view of it all at the close.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been reading a lot of "next year is our year"

Aug 22, 2015, 9:23 PM

Regardless of what happens this season, I'll do my best to relax and enjoy watching the Clemson Tigers. For several games last season, I was so edgy before and during the games, my gameday experience was not as enjoyable as it should have been.

I am just going to try not to get too high or too low, and just sit back and see what happens. Clemson has a lot of talent and potential, but also a number of unknowns. But guess, what? So does every other team that is considered a potential "contender". So, I like how things currently stand at Clemson.

I just hope Clemson controls what it can control, and doesn't worry about the rankings, media hype, or anything else. Teams can play well, and still get screwed over. Sometimes things just don't go your way. And there is a lot that has to go your way to have a really special season.

One year, Clemson will play well, and things will go our way. The potential that we've seen over the last several years will finally blossom into the unstoppable force that we've all been hoping for. It could be this year, or maybe not. But that year will come, and when it does, I will be shouting loudly with all the other Clemson fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Next year is our year for sure.

Aug 22, 2015, 9:43 PM

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic