Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's rare I post a topic, I want to be at the game so bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

It's rare I post a topic, I want to be at the game so bad

Jan 10, 2016, 10:27 PM

Anybody else wish you could be at the game. If I didn't hurt my back I would be screaming watching the number 1 Tigers show why we aren't underdogs.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

If you have a plane and can drop by and pick me up in Greensboro, I'll go. I know we can get a ticket before the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: It's rare I post a topic, I want to be at the game so bad

Jan 10, 2016, 10:38 PM

not alone... been lying to myself for 20 plus years...always said if we made it I would be there

but at least I can tell my 4 yo son and 5 mo daughter one day that they watched it on daddy's lap! ??

really stinks BC I have been to Phoenix/Scottsdale five times previous

i am going to make the most of it and cheer like heck from the sofa

at least I got to see them play this year in Columbia!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2016, 10:46 PM

Not alone one bit... but at the end of the day... watching the game with the people you love.. in my case my parents, wife, and two beautiful daughters - it's every bit as important and amazing.. because when the trophy is hoisted in Dabo's hands tomorrow night, and we look around at each other and realize the the championship is ours... well that right there is something that doesn't go away, and a memory that just can't be replaced. I'd give a whole lot to be there, but not without my loved ones who have watched games whether at the stadium, at the house, or via text when work was necessary... it's pretty amazing to have them with me every step of the way.

Let's go Tigers... I can't wait for kickoff!

Message was edited by: TigerJB3®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Jan 10, 2016, 10:40 PM

I'm with ya brother! Unfortunately, livelihood and job keeps getting in the way. Hurts watching family and friends on TV tonight, but I will be there in spirit!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2016, 10:45 PM

IMHO any job that can't let a diehard fan go if they want to, is hideous as far as doing what's right. This is good for the state of South Carolina. This is huge. Heck, they signed a waiver giving us more practice time wink wink thanks D Rad. This is for all the cookies , a once in a lifetime chance. We could be back next year, we could be back the next three years, or we could not be back in 29 years, you never know. Next year I'm with organizing a boycott for any buisness that thinks they can hold an employee back for something that is Christmas times 10.

Sirius

Jan 10, 2016, 11:00 PM

The more you post the more it seems you must be 12.

Jan 10, 2016, 11:19 PM

I meant what I said

Jan 10, 2016, 10:40 PM

If the plane comes to Greensboro let me know, I'll fly with you.

Jan 10, 2016, 10:59 PM

I'm in the same boat. Have spent hours trying to find affordable flights and tickets, but it's just too much to justify. I'm happy for those that are able to go, but I have a family to support and can't take 2 days off and spent $$$$ for a 2-day football trip. With that kind of money, I can take my family (not just me) on a nice vacation.

Looks like I'll be going to the Well in Greenville. Hopefully that will be the next closest thing to being at the game.

Jan 11, 2016, 12:08 AM

I wanted to go so bad. Between husbands schedule and our disagreeing that 7600 was a good deal we will be home. If you hear a crazy woman from afar it will be me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

yep, and if I wasn't scammed on ND tix by theft woman..

Jan 11, 2016, 12:19 AM

I would have been able to be at ND-CU game!

But, had fun party at home with friends (scammed too) and we were sorta glad we didn't have to sit out in that rain storm.

sAYing, it!s great to watch our Tigers play, however or wherever..whether it's a bad time in life due to too few $, a horrid work load,
Family needs, fright of flying, illness, etc.

So, let's all just be thankful we are able to pull for them together as a Clemson Family of Fans!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be there, but...

Jan 11, 2016, 12:53 AM

Its not lost on me for one second that it a special opportunity and one that I cherish. I did work hard to make it happen, but some breaks certainly came my way too.

I didn't decide for sure until Tues, and it was actually my coot cheering brother that gave me the motivation I needed.

Most importantly, my daughter and I were going together or neither was going. We've watched together since she was 7 or 8 (13 now) and she is absolutely my favorite person to cheer with... and she is loud for 30 seconds of every D snap. Its awesome.. going with her is what will make it for me.

I sincerely appreciate y'all who will be cheering at home. If every one of you came, I wouldn't have been able to. I've had to miss things I've wanted to. But know that the Clemson family represents everywhere, not just in AZ. Win or lose, on tues be proud.

Flying early.. GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 11, 2016, 1:26 AM

As these responses show, you are far from alone. Due to circumstances, some beyond my control and some within my control, I couldn't risk reaching into the savings I would have had to in order to fund the travel and ticket costs. With the benefit of hindsight and knowing how certain things were going to work out employment-wise, I now know that I probably could have pulled it off if I had started planning right after the ACC championship game. At the time I had to make the decision though, I made what I believe was the right one (to not go). On one hand it's driving me crazy, but to compensate, we're having a viewing party at the house. I've decorated the den in a fashion that reflects my appreciation for this year's Tiger team and coaches, and I'll be watching and cheering as we win a national championship with my wife, my son, my sister and brother-in-law, my father-in-law and his wife, and about eleven more Tiger fans. It'll be awesome! Next time though, I'm going to go, come #### or high water.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2016, 1:52 AM

Literally almost everyone I know is there, but I only had enough frequent flyer miles for me, not my husband, so I'm deciding between watching at home or going to a viewing party. I was at ACC champ game and orange bowl though, so can't complain too much. NYE in Miami beach was amazing. Now just to figure out how to go to sleep! Seeing all the photos on FB is killing me.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic