Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did the CFP committee really get it right this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Did the CFP committee really get it right this year?

Dec 28, 2020, 12:34 PM

It just seems like this year, Clemson's and Alabama's semifinal matchups feel even more like tune-up games than usual.

Anyone else sense this?

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yes...

Dec 28, 2020, 12:41 PM

Although I can see why ND got in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I agree, ND is always good for a bump in the TV ratings.

Dec 28, 2020, 12:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I think they did a really good job avoiding a

Dec 28, 2020, 12:51 PM

Clemson/Bama semi-final so that both historical bluebloods would meet in the national championship. Imagine if they had to waste that matchup in a semi-final game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If that were the case, ESPN might as well broadcast the

Dec 28, 2020, 1:16 PM

championship game on cable public access. Because that's about how many people would tune in to watch.

Re: Did the CFP committee really get it right this year?

Dec 28, 2020, 12:56 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, I say yes. Odds are osu would have smoked Illinois and meechigan. Had the situation been reverse, we'd be screaming to get in too... Say ga tech, citadel not played etc etc.

Only thing is we had a quality win and osu didn't.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just because we would have been screaming, doesnt mean we

Dec 28, 2020, 12:58 PM

would have been right. Its not just about if OSU would have beaten those teams or not...its wear and tear, fatigue, injuries, film for opponents to scout, etc etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Did the CFP committee really get it right this year? ]

This season, I'm not sure the other 2 teams makes any difference. It's going to be Alabama/Clemson in the finals. A&M, Cinn.,Okl wouldn't fare any better in the semis.

It's odd that Ohst never wants to play Cincy

Dec 28, 2020, 2:17 PM

during the regular season.

I guess they are afraid it would expose them (and the B1G) as the fraud that they are.

In my opinion, NO

Dec 28, 2020, 12:57 PM

Even if OSU winds up winning it all this year, you cannot give them a pass for only playing 6 games. Further, they did nothing to show they were one of the 4 best. The committee preordained them from day one that they were just someone "one of the 4 best", whether it be recruiting rankings or some other BS metric....they should never have been included, period.

Dec 28, 2020, 12:59 PM

Clemson and Bama are clearly the two best teams in the country. So, the committee got that right.

As for who are the 3rd and 4th best teams in the country, that is clearly debatable.

So, if you go by who are the "best teams" there is plenty of room for argument.

If you go by which of those teams that have a reasonable argument for being third or 4th best team is the most deserving, then they got it wrong.

ND, OSU, aTm, OK, Cincy, FL.

Limiting it to those 5, I would argue that I think aTm and FL are both better than ND or Ohio State. But, if you go by which of those teams EARNED it, I would pick ND and Cincy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For arguments sake, how did Cindy EARN it?

Dec 28, 2020, 1:05 PM

By beating Army? Or Tulsa? Gimme a break. Ive said it many times this week, but that "0" in the loss column is being given way too much credence with these non-P5 schools. Even with an ACC title beatdown to Clemson, ND had a much better resume than Cincy.

Debatable and irrelevant when the goal is to produce an undisputed Champion***

Dec 28, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Did the CFP committee really get it right this year? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic