Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ve noticed they show many mixed-race couples in TV Ads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I’ve noticed they show many mixed-race couples in TV Ads

Apr 7, 2021, 8:06 AM

These days. Wonder why they don’t find those couples at Walmart and film the ads there?

FYI: I have no problem with mixed race couples, but I’m sure Carl or someone will jump to immediate conclusions before finishing my post ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its going a little too far in my mind

Apr 7, 2021, 8:16 AM

when you go to nike.com, you have to scroll through 5 pages before you find a white guy and you wont see a white girl at all.

I dont really care, its just weird how they think putting their consumers in silos is ok.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, for one, am happy to see that you noticed.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:16 AM

It means the advertising revenue we're collecting from airing content on linear TV is still getting impressions from the target audience.

--Stax O'Cash

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And on non-linear TV?***

Apr 7, 2021, 8:22 AM

We definitely do placements on OTT far more than linear

Apr 7, 2021, 8:27 AM

but I figured you were still a cable subscriber.

Re: We definitely do placements on OTT far more than linear

Apr 7, 2021, 8:36 AM

Nope to. Cable

There's no shame in an OTA antenna.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:38 AM

I mean...it's free.

;)

If you want to see any variety of the Wal Mart

Apr 7, 2021, 8:24 AM

crowd represented in advertising , you are going to have to pay attention to the Hawk Law ads.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't bother me a bit.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:25 AM

I just wanna know why all the burglars on alarm company ads are overweight, bumbling, middle-aged white guys.

I mean, I get it that they're being sensitive to race and all but at least get realistic and throw a skinny 19 year old meth-head in there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe they cast for Burglars on TigerNet?***

Apr 7, 2021, 8:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, good talk.***

Apr 7, 2021, 8:25 AM

Re: I’ve noticed they show many mixed-race couples in TV Ads

Apr 7, 2021, 8:30 AM

Bengal ... FWIW, about a year ago, I noticed what you are now noticing so I actually conducted a 2-month non-scientific study on that matter. I'm a numbers guy! As a percentage of all couples involved in commercials that were presented while (and when) we were watching TV, generally during prime time, my recollection is that inter-racial relationships accounted for about 35% of all couples ... compared to a 2017 scientific study that estimated inter-racial marriages at about 15%, many of which stemmed from military service. So my perception is the same as yours; however, I'll bet that TV number is now closer to 45-50%. Ironically, we routinely socialize with 2 inter-racial married couples, and they have observed the same thing ... chalking it up to corporations wanting to flaunt their "wokeness." LOL!

Oh, one thing I have noticed on the race thing.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:39 AM

I've met many white/black couples in my 46 years on Earth. I've personally met zero black/Asian couples. Now I haven't lived in the most worldly and progressive places on Earth, but I've traveled a good bit, and my personal experiences don't seem to match to the current pairing on TV of every third couple being this makeup. Like I said, doesn't bother me really...they can mix and match all they want...it's TV, but I'm not sure if they think this matches their target demographic, or they think it makes them look good to think that this matches their target demographic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dave Chappelle's wife is Asian

Apr 7, 2021, 8:42 AM

have you met them?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I've not dined with Dave, nor did I ever golf

Apr 7, 2021, 8:43 AM

with Earl Woods.

... and that was the second example I thought of

Apr 7, 2021, 12:19 PM

which, again, speaks to the rarity of the situation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I was just going to say the same thing.

Apr 7, 2021, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Dave Chappelle's wife is Asian ]

Which speaks to the rarity of the situation, me thinks.

Spend some time near military bases

Apr 7, 2021, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Oh, one thing I have noticed on the race thing. ]

You will see a lot of Black/Asian couples and not just the stereotype of Black man Asian woman either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Here's how unaware I am....

Apr 7, 2021, 8:47 AM

There's a "Black man Asian woman" stereotype?

Have you never seen Full Metal Jacket???

Apr 7, 2021, 12:20 PM

oh snap. That reference was too beaucoup.

Apr 7, 2021, 2:26 PM

I whiffed. My eternal apologies.

Just wait ‘til you get your cataracts fixed so you can notice

Apr 7, 2021, 8:34 AM

how many same sex couples are in ads now, some of which are mixed race too.

Man your head gonna explode

Ads - lulz, I can’t tell you the last time I watched a nonsporting event on tv that had ads.

Insert ain’tgottimeforthat gif here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

This is true.

Apr 7, 2021, 9:45 AM

I also know more same sex couples.

Coincidence?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They all also have nice teeth and hair cuts.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:34 AM

Can’t find that at Walmart either.

(I apologize if I offended any Walmart patrons.)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The concept of "mixed-race" does not compute.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:39 AM

When people say that, they're usually just talking about couples where the two people have different melanin concentrations in their skin.

He is talking about "the blacks" dating white people

Apr 7, 2021, 8:41 AM

WHICH HE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:43 AM

So, NOT when a NASCAR races against a Formula 1 car?

BECAUSE I WAS CONFUSED ABOUT THAT.

Not cool man, not cool at all.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:44 AM

Not even 7:45 and I have to change my undies.

My wife has a very olive complexion and I am Lilly white

Apr 7, 2021, 9:48 AM [ in reply to The concept of "mixed-race" does not compute. ]

and she tans real nice, I burn up quick.

We are definitely mixed something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love olives

Apr 7, 2021, 11:08 AM

they are so tasty

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I hear people say olive complexion an awful lot

Apr 7, 2021, 12:42 PM [ in reply to My wife has a very olive complexion and I am Lilly white ]

but the folks they're describing are never as green or black as real olives. It's like they never had a martini or a pizza before.

This leads me to 2 burning questions:

Apr 7, 2021, 8:58 AM

1. Why do you watch commercials? Who does that in 2021?

2. Why do you GAF about the skin color of actors in commercials?

It was a Walmart people goof

Apr 7, 2021, 11:52 AM

Do you never pay any ####### attention?
Tharealdonjuan

I watch commercials because sometimes the

Apr 7, 2021, 12:42 PM [ in reply to This leads me to 2 burning questions: ]

fast-forward control is too annoying...OR I forget.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, this has been going on for years now, and the funny

Apr 7, 2021, 2:03 PM

thing is... it's always a black guy and a blonde white woman. They could at least slide in a brunette every now and again. (LOL). You know, really "mix it up a little bit". It seems like they have some sort of very rigid rules about all of this in Hollywood. Must be a black man and white blonde female. Hey, go off-the-chains one time and totally cray-cray... maybe a white guy and a black girl? Oh my heavens...

It's kinda like TV shows in the 90's and 00's... there must be a gay person in the cast. MUST.

edit: and I'll make a not so bold prediction... in the next couple of years, there must be a trans-person in TV ads and shows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic