Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yard sign survey. 7:2 Biden.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,119

Yard sign survey. 7:2 Biden.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:29 AM

So APM had a chance to take a rare weekday morning walk in the daylight this morning (usually do my thing pre-dawn) and took note of the yard signs in our 'hood.

Keep in mind APM lives in blood red SWVA. Trump country. Our county has gone 60/40 GOP even when the Democrat was clearly the better choice.

Well, if yard signs mean anything, it'll be a Biden landslide. 7:2. Only two Trump signs and one was from a guy who is diehard. Was over the top for Trump in 2016. The other is from a guy whose family is the poster child for Hiltery's "deplorables".

Otherwise, much more diversity in age with the Biden signs. These are folks who will vote.

Several former military families I know had no signs and my guess is they lean Trump. But if enthusiasm means anything, looks like Biden has gained some.

These signs weren't there mostly 2 weeks ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yard sign survey. 7:2 Biden.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:32 AM

I'm downtown Wilmington North Carolina. Probably 100% Biden. Once you get outside of downtown it's almost all Trump.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you not paying attention 2016?

Oct 20, 2020, 10:32 AM

SILENT MAJORITY

actually a pretty interesting informal poll you did, I like it

it would be a great year to have..............

Oct 20, 2020, 10:33 AM

a third option. I said the same thing in 2008, 2012, and 2016.

Trump everywhere here in BFE

Oct 20, 2020, 10:36 AM

in case you were wondering

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Oct 20, 2020, 10:50 AM

Very few Trump signs in Greenville. Not a lot of Biden signs either, even in yards that normally have Dem signs. I have seen more Biden signs in areas where there is usually not a lot of Dem support. My take is many of us who voted for or are going to vote for Trump did so somewhat reluctantly and there is not a lot of excitement for Biden. I think most people are either voting against the Democratic Party agenda or against the often abrasive and erratic Trump. For me it's hard to get excited about 4 more years of the circus that surrounds Trump, but even more so to get behind a man who needs 4 days off the campaign to prep for a debate when he's been in the public arena for 47 years. A 3rd party ticket of two middle of the road candidates-one a Dem, the other GOP in whatever order would have a lot of appeal this year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

90% Trump signs in Botetourt.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:50 AM

Didn't see any Biden signs until a couple weeks ago. Funny, the general urban/rural difference holds true in the tiny county seat of Fincastle, maybe 3000 residents. It's mostly Biden signs.

I looked up 2016 results, which were 76% Trump, 24% Hillary. I expect much the same this time, Biden will win Virginia thanks to the urban vote, Trump will carry all the rural geography.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 10:51 AM

Red area.

Almost all Biden. Can't say I've ever seen much of any Republican signs for any election.

Oct 20, 2020, 11:01 AM

I live in the suburbs. About a month ago all you saw were trump signs, although I wouldn’t say there were a lot.

Now, There are way more Biden signs. Usually there are more democrat signs. Democrats tend to do this more for any election.

I know there’s no way in hell im putting a trump sign out. That is just asking for insane leftists to vandalize your property.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well... the wife and I recently drove through NC, SC,

Oct 20, 2020, 11:12 AM

GA, and Florida enroute to our vacation spot in Florida. I think our count of yard signs (in yards/private property) was something like 30 to 1 in favor of Trump. In fact I saw more "boiled peanuts" and "fresh fruit" signs than Biden signs...

So I guess it all depends on where you are looking and how comfortable people feel with putting a political sign up on their property. I will say this - we were in the same vacation spot in Florida on the same week during the 2016 election and the overt support for Trump in 2020 is orders of magnitude higher than it was in 2016.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got the flotilla/parade vote in the bag.

Oct 20, 2020, 11:42 AM

That demographic is all in for DJT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gaston, Lincoln Cabarus county NC is probably 15:1 Trump

Oct 20, 2020, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Well... the wife and I recently drove through NC, SC, ]

when I drive through. In Southern and Western Meck it is closer to 5:1 Trump.
In the Charlotte inner it is mostly Biden when there are actual signs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 20, 2020, 11:53 AM

nobody steals a biden sign

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yard signs aren't allowed in my neighborhood, so Trump signs

Oct 20, 2020, 11:57 AM

are the only ones you see.

Wonder why that is?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 12:12 PM

So all these Biden neighborhoods should be devoid of systemic racism, poverty, terrible educational systems, crime, etc..

Good for y’all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would put a Trump sign up

Oct 20, 2020, 2:19 PM

but it aint worth the possibility of destruction to my house or cars

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no need to get cancelled***

Oct 20, 2020, 2:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Monument Ave crowd would come to your house.***

Oct 20, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to i would put a Trump sign up ]

serious. But ya, i wont put anything on my car either

Oct 20, 2020, 2:37 PM

Libs has gone batshit crazy.

Some dudes house just got lit on fire cause someone lit his Trump flag on fire, which was connected to the house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

big trump 2020 sign near me painted #### no on itand suppose

Oct 20, 2020, 4:49 PM

antifa symbol

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 8:05 PM

My neighborhood in North White Supremacy Raleigh, NC is about 3:1 Biden. I only know of 3 Trump signs (one is mine), but maybe 9 or 10 Biden signs.

We are famous, though, for displaying a 4 x 8 Trump sign on our roof in 2016. Had several people ask about it this year.

My wife is now President of the HOA, so we have to be a bit more careful, and wouldn't you know Raleigh has a sign ordnance that says max size of a sign is 3x5 or 15 sq ft.

We are thinking of basically cutting it in half to get two 15 sq ft signs :)

We are also giving out Halloween candy with Trump wrappers.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,119
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic