Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock

Mar 29, 2015, 4:48 PM

grown men have seemingly become rabid women's college basketball fans? Women, I could maybe see, but men?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock

Mar 29, 2015, 4:52 PM

At lunch today I heard two dudes talking at the table behind ours , one of them said we got to hurry home to watch the game. I about spit food all over my wife.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are a women's basketball school***

Mar 29, 2015, 4:53 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

basketball school in general, they kicked our arses in men's

Mar 30, 2015, 11:28 AM

b-ball too.

Mar 29, 2015, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock ]

Sorry to see such sorry comments on here. Women's basketball is certainly different from the men's game but when you see it played well, it is a great game to watch. I've watched Tennessee Lady Vols games for years and have seen terrific athletes compete over the years. Have more confidence in yourselves as men and don't fear women's abilities as athletes or colleagues. A whole new world will open up to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

Mar 29, 2015, 5:14 PM

I've tried watching women's basketball and sorry to say that more times than not, extremely boring and very hard to watch.

Good grief no it's not.

Mar 29, 2015, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock ]

I love women. But not in the capacity of playing basketball. Completely unwatchable. I tried watching UNC vs. sCar game and I could only watch for a few minutes. It was like watching JV high school boys play.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I agree TW***

Mar 30, 2015, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Hahahahaha

Mar 29, 2015, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock ]

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Re: Hahahahaha

Mar 29, 2015, 8:28 PM

Slower , less athletic and no dunking . I have said it before , if one of my daughters were playing I would watch , otherwise no . It is just not at all interesting from an excitement standpoint .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Exactly

Mar 29, 2015, 9:42 PM

It's like enjoying high school baseball more than mlb

I don't think that's the point...

Mar 29, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock ]

Point is no one cares... it's hard to watch and yes for women's standards some are very athletic I will give you that but it's still terrible ...the point is that these same die hard love women's basketball fans prob don't even know who won the championship last year. I'm a die hard tiger fan but I'm going to be completely honest...even if that was clemsons women on the other night I maybe would have flipped back and forth but I woukd have watched any of the elite 8 men's games over and flipped over at a Commercial break..I woukd prob watch if they made it all the way but if they lost I would not care....as I bet most of these fans are the same way...I doubt if the #### ladies get beat Ppl will lose sleep they are just happy they are winning in somethin

I saw a grown man while out today that, I believe, was

Mar 29, 2015, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Anyone else gotten a kick out of how much gamecock ]

wearing a s.carolina women's jersey; a number 15, which means nothing to me. But it looked cut differently than a men's jersey would be. I swear I am not making this up.

Gold, Jerry. Gold!***

Mar 29, 2015, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Gold, Jerry. Gold!***

Mar 29, 2015, 5:31 PM

Just wondering Stonehedge, how is the new women's basketball coach doing at Tenn. ? I imagine it is tough following a legend like Pat Summit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't matter...no one can keep up with UConn.

Mar 29, 2015, 5:41 PM

nm

Absolutely! They were "historically" a baseball school just

Mar 29, 2015, 6:15 PM

a couple years ago. Now they're a "historic" (yes, I've actually heard them use the term "historically" regarding some of their athletics) women's basketball school. Somehow in coot logic, that actually makes sense; considering athletic history started 6 years ago for them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2015, 7:53 PM

I was with a group Friday night and one of the gamecock fans asked the staff to put the TV on the women's game. There was actually a REAL game on at the time. SAD. I almost choked. Since he's a relative, and my wife would get upset at me, I just did not humiliate him for doing that.

If I was being honest, I would root for Clemson

Mar 29, 2015, 9:43 PM

Women and be excited for them if they had the level of success that the lady gamecocks are unfortunately currently enjoying

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

but would you go to Greensboro to watch them?***

Mar 29, 2015, 11:02 PM

Re: but would you go to Greensboro to watch them?***

Mar 30, 2015, 7:20 AM

Probably not but, all my wifes family live in Greensboro. If we were in Greensboro visiting and our lady Tigers were playing at that time, I would go and cheer for them. It couldn't be any worse than listening to a large family of in laws talking about their childhood stories for the 1000th time....

If the Clemson's women's basketball team had just made

Mar 29, 2015, 9:45 PM

the Final Four... you would talk about it and watch it...

and you're likely lying if you say you wouldn't

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Mar 29, 2015, 10:09 PM

Yep when Jim Davis was here

ANY team that has Clemson attached I am pulling for,

Mar 29, 2015, 10:14 PM

men or women. I'm sure coots feel the same.

Re: ANY team that has Clemson attached I am pulling for,

Mar 30, 2015, 12:00 AM

BUT - coots are coots.

Mar 29, 2015, 10:18 PM

I would care if Clemson was there but Probably would not watch.

I hope Clemson does great in all sports but really there are only 5 that I would watch...

Golf
Football
Mens Basketball
Mens Soccer
Baseball

null

Mar 29, 2015, 10:38 PM

Yea, sorry guys, but I would agree that if clemsons women's basketball was making the final four there would be lots of us grown men watching it. I would, not because I care anything about women's basketball but because I care about anything clemson. It is funny to make fun of all things cootish but we would be guilty of the same thing.

Mar 29, 2015, 10:41 PM

I wouldn't watch it. Same as I wouldn't watch tennis , volleyball or golf. Those 3 sports in particular bore me to the point of yardwork.

DB23

Mar 30, 2015, 1:28 AM

Its hilarious!

I have no problem with ppl being WBB fans.

Mar 30, 2015, 8:00 AM

4 years ago not a single one of them cared one lick about women's basketball, but now they're hanging their hat on the only thing available to them. It's bandwagonism, sure. But I can't say Clemson fans wouldn't do the same thing if our WBB team were in the Final Four and consistently ranked in the top 10.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic