Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN's Bomani Jones rips Gamecock fans for unrealistic expectations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 5,636

TNET: ESPN's Bomani Jones rips Gamecock fans for unrealistic expectations

Nov 16, 2020, 12:09 PM

ESPN's Bomani Jones rips Gamecock fans for unrealistic expectations

South Carolina fired their head coach Will Muschamp on Sunday night with a parting gift of over $13 million as part of a buy-out in his contract. Gamecock fans Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier sold his sole for a membership at Augusta National***

Nov 16, 2020, 12:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Spurrier sold his sole for a membership at Augusta National***

Nov 16, 2020, 10:49 PM

And I don’t think he got it.

Re: TNET: ESPN's Bomani Jones rips Gamecock fans for unrealistic expectations

Nov 16, 2020, 12:18 PM

The only correction I’d make is it’s 100 years not 50 ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

id really hate to see napier go there

Nov 16, 2020, 12:40 PM

dude is a decent coach even worse he is a good recruiter

Re: id really hate to see napier go there

Nov 16, 2020, 12:43 PM

Jones is an opinionated jerk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to id really hate to see napier go there ]

It’s hard to believe a recruit would want to go there after visiting the place. Unless they grew up in a Gamecock family and don’t know any better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That's largely been the basis...

Nov 16, 2020, 12:56 PM

for CussChamp's limited recruiting success. That and giving parents money and jobs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 16, 2020, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: id really hate to see napier go there ]

This. I am from Columbia and SC has an uphill battle recruiting out of state talent due to the campus etc really not having much to offer.

Been to the “campus” many of times and it is very lackluster. Yeah Five Points! There is you recruiting night life. I guess maybe the Vista now? Not sure I have not been out when I come back to see family.

One of those campuses where you have to ask if you are really in college or not.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Napier is the most logical choice unfortunately.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to id really hate to see napier go there ]

It's really the only candidate that I would hate going to them solely based off of his heralded recruiting background and his football grooming under some great coaches. I think he would get them back to competing with UF and UGA in the east.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Napier is the most logical choice unfortunately.

Nov 16, 2020, 2:38 PM

I don't believe Napier would be all that beneficial..... I question his compass. Called for jury duty once. Guess who didn't show?

Nov 16, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Napier is the most logical choice unfortunately. ]

I don't believe Napier would be all that beneficial..... I question his compass. Called for jury duty once. Guess who didn't show?

Nov 16, 2020, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Napier is the most logical choice unfortunately. ]

While Napier would be a beyond excellent hire for them, I think Napier also knows the limits of the coot program better than anyone and would know is as a high-risk to either kill a career or be a Bo Rein jumping point. At this time, if Billy Napier is patient enough, I think he would get the reins of a bloob-blood or new-blood program. He is winning enough that he might even get a Texas/Meechigan like program interested. On the other hand, the coots can only offer money as their annual date with us, Jawja, A&M, UofF, Kentucky, and even Tennessee are all trending up and then you even have Mack Brown up Nawth to pick at the pool.

While I am doubtful and don't want him at Cooterland, I am really grateful he is not at FSU

Nov 16, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to id really hate to see napier go there ]

I really don't think that Billy would have anything to with usuc bc, I think that he is smart enough to see that every coach that's been there couldn't build a consistent winning program, with the exception of Spurrier, and it finally got the best of him!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing I've realized is that I don't hear any of Bomani's

Nov 16, 2020, 1:34 PM

comments unless they are posted on here. What happened to him? He was good on the lebatard show. What network is he even on these days!?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing I've realized is that I don't hear any of Bomani's

Nov 16, 2020, 4:07 PM

He and lebatard are far left racist jerks

Oh wait, that's almost everyone at ESPN

Nov 16, 2020, 4:55 PM

All I could find was him saying: "Dabo should live up to his faith and moral standard regarding a comment from an assistant"! Far from what you are saying!

In another comment in April, he criticized Dabo about traveling for Easter right when Covid-19 kicked off.

If you have something different please post! In the comment about the assistant coach he didn't call for a job or make a definitive statement of "unless he does x should happen"!

Besides all that: "they get paid to share opinions albeit often times opinions that go against the popular majority opinion. It increases ratings! Paul Finebaum has made a great living out of saying outlandish things for example!
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/29274513

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 8:48 PM

All I could find was him saying: "Dabo should live up to his faith and moral standard regarding a comment from an assistant"! Far from what you are saying!

In another comment in April, he criticized Dabo about traveling for Easter right when Covid-19 kicked off.

If you have something different please post! In the comment about the assistant coach he didn't call for a job or make a definitive statement of "unless he does x should happen"!

Besides all that: "they get paid to share opinions albeit often times opinions that go against the popular majority opinion. It increases ratings! Paul Finebaum has made a great living out of saying outlandish things for example!
https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/29274513

Good lord, you people never cease to amaze me with your total lack or reading comprehension.

I didn't write his comment was racist, you moran.

I wrote that HE is racist. Do you know anything about that idiot? He is extremely far left and woke even by ESPN standards. The guy is a complete racist jerk and that's putting it politely.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:39 PM

Bo-***** Jones was one of the ones leading the charge against dabo last summer. F him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

It's OK, Bomani. We don't need any help ripping USuC.***

Nov 16, 2020, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

No one hates the ##### more than me, and hope they lose....

Nov 16, 2020, 2:48 PM

...every game.

But - I don't blame them for moving on....you can't quit trying.

Now the contract and $ they spent on Muschamp? Idiotic...and I hope they hire another horrible coach and continue to lose (and history says, they will).

That said, the whole "they should know who they are" stuff is stupid. Muschamp needed to be fired, they can do better.

I doubt they do as they are what they are, but they could.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: No one hates the ##### more than me, and hope they lose....

Nov 16, 2020, 4:09 PM

Look at the good hires that the ACC schools have made in the last few years without the spiel that the great SEC teams have had. The gamecocks will not hire anyone equal to Brown or Satterfield or Hafley or Clawson or some of the other newcomers. They should try to find a youngster with great skills, as Clemson did, and support him. They will not do this.

Re: No one hates the ##### more than me, and hope they lose....

Nov 16, 2020, 6:45 PM

Or Dabo.... they laughed their ball sacks off at all of us for even suggesting Dabo was anything other than a joke. We are leaving you and dumbo in our rear view mirrors etc. May god show no mercy on them the next 100 years!

Ah, the blind squirrel finds an acorn

Nov 16, 2020, 8:34 PM

Bomani Jones, what can I say about that guy other than ESPN had another 300 lay offs 2 weeks ago and he's still employed. Man oh man when I saw Jesse palmer still had a job I thought for sure Bomani (bj) was gone but like many things that week I was disappointed in the results. And one more thing how can you be on the pulse of what you report looking like that homeless character Damon wayans played on In Living Color while covid bunkering in your house for 9 months? Oh wait he's got YouTube he's qualified.

Bj= ??

Message was edited by: bleedsorange81®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 11:07 PM

Try 100 years. We kicked their arses when the first 50 years were always in cootlumbia

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I can remember when

Nov 17, 2020, 11:55 AM

we were supposed to keep Tommy Bowden according to the media and some on this board because he was doing as good as Clemson deserved.

It was the whole ridiculous"Who could we get" argument

Nov 17, 2020, 12:04 PM

Which is inherently an utterly stupid argument; You get exactly 0 of the ones you dont ask. What are you supposed to do? Not even try to better your program?

Now that is a much different argument than what the coots demand, which is a national power program, which they have never been, nor likely ever will be. That is where their expectations need to be tempered.

Replies: 26
| visibility 5,636
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic