Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It may sound ridiculous, but do you realize that with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

It may sound ridiculous, but do you realize that with

Dec 22, 2017, 8:44 AM

the addition of Mascoll, XT and KJ Henry, even with the possible loss of Wilkins, Ferrell, and Bryant, our defensive line may actually be better next year than it is now?

What a great time to be a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It might be more talented, but not better

Dec 22, 2017, 8:49 AM

You can't offset experience + talent with just "more talent."

I know we lost Watson, Williams, Gallman, Leggett etc, but I think when we look back on it years from now, the most important person of this run will be Christian Wilkins. His leadership was second to none.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True on the experience part, +1 for you. They mostly have

Dec 22, 2017, 10:50 AM

that dreaded word, "potential" at this point. But, man, do they have that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It might be more talented, but not better

Dec 22, 2017, 10:59 AM [ in reply to It might be more talented, but not better ]

It will be hard, if not impossible, to replace him as an overall player. But I think Darnell Jeffries might bring an off-the-field presence like CW. I love this guy’s attitude and demeanor every time I see something on him. Not to mention he is constantly retweeting all things clemson and thanking fans for their support on Twitter. Seems like he will be a real leader on defense like Christian, in time.

ehhh i dont know

Dec 22, 2017, 8:57 AM

they are all very very good, but each of those guys that could leave are unbelievable talents. There is no replacing a Wilkins.

I hope the new guys come in and ready to go to work. I'm really interested in guys that are here and how they respond. We reload and so i'm looking at Register, Yeargin, Kelly, Foster, and Rudolph. I'm hoping this offseason the lightbulb goes off for Kelly. We need solid depth on the ends.

Wilkins is the best defensive player ever at Clemson

Dec 22, 2017, 9:08 AM

He will be impossible to completely replace, just like Deshaun. Somebody will fill Wilkins' spot and be dominant in their own way, but no one will ever match what Christian has given us. Dude is a freak that played out of position for a whole season and still dominated. God simply has not made many like him.

My subject might be an exaggeration, as I know there have been other great defensive players. But if we were starting an all-time team at Clemson, I know exactly who my first defensive pick would be... #42.

Snowflake Basher........Out

I said that about The Fridge.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:47 AM

I don't think it's fair to compare players of different eras. I don't think it's fair to compare coaches from different eras either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CW is definitely one of the best personalities we have ever

Dec 22, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Wilkins is the best defensive player ever at Clemson ]

had on campus. Also, never seen another 300 lb guy do a dancing split and rise to tell about it, either.

Re: It may sound ridiculous, but do you realize that with

Dec 22, 2017, 9:13 AM

Totally totally agree with everyone on this thread. Can promise God only made one DW4 and CW42.

That being said, I know both did all they could do to be the model. Wonder if the bulb goes off for shaq. I hope so... way too much talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 9:17 AM

They won't be as good until the end of their first year. I love XTs attitude, he going to bring a nasty demeanor alot like boulware. I see him becoming a leader by his second year on campus.

Wilkins is def the heart of the defense this year. He's going to be an amazing pro. Hope Houston manages to get him, but I have Abad feeling he's Cleveland or Chicago bound. I'd love to see my Bucs pair him with McCoy but their too dumb to do that and will draft some overrated FSU or UF player

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Please, not Cleveland. Hopefully they will make the same

Dec 22, 2017, 10:18 AM

mistake they did with DeShaun and pass on him.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: It may sound ridiculous, but do you realize that with ]

Mcgay had him going to my Cowboys. One can only hope

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic