Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Isn't is conceivable that KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Isn't is conceivable that KB

Apr 8, 2018, 3:48 PM

Might just improve?

I see people talking about TL being ready by the CFP, but no mention of Bryant making improvements ala Tajh Boyd from 2010-2011.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It conceivable***

Apr 8, 2018, 3:52 PM

Nm

Re: Isn't is conceivable that KB

Apr 8, 2018, 4:02 PM

You know, this a really under-rated comment and outlook.

I've been on the side of "I hope someone overtakes KB for the start", but really, if KB can just slow down his game a bit, he could be a great QB. I feel like he gets flustered and runs, and stops looking downfield. He's a great runner, but he needs to calm down and learn to just throw. Maybe if he can get his mentality right, he'll start connecting downfield.

Here's to hoping!

All I know is Tajh didn't look like he could start

Apr 8, 2018, 4:07 PM

For Byrnes High School when he took the field in 2010.

Wasn't the case his 2nd year playing in 2011.

I understand the differences in age, offensive systems, etc, but my point is that KB might just get better.

Significantly better.

Re: All I know is Tajh didn't look like he could start

Apr 8, 2018, 6:52 PM

Tajh wasn’t the starter in 2010 though, in 2011 he took off his first time starting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never said he was the starter. Said when he "took the field"

Apr 8, 2018, 6:58 PM

In 2010.

Point being, players can make significant jumps from year 1 to year 2. Deshaun did, Tajh did, Charlie did, etc.

KB will be a much improved player. Bank on it. TL could still certainly be the starter over him when the time comes, but KB will not be the same player this year as he was last year.

We have an elite coaching staff. He will be a better QB almost undoubtedly.

Apr 8, 2018, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Isn't is conceivable that KB ]

You know, this a really under-rated comment and outlook.

I've been on the side of "I hope someone overtakes KB for the start", but really, if KB can just slow down his game a bit, he could be a great QB. I feel like he gets flustered and runs, and stops looking downfield. He's a great runner, but he needs to calm down and learn to just throw. Maybe if he can get his mentality right, he'll start connecting downfield.

Here's to hoping!

I totally agree with this post, if KB could slow the game down mentally, he would be a great college QB, but he must slow down and take what's there for him to take before he takes off with the ball in his hands. And if he can't do that, we will be in better shape by putting the ball in Hunter's, TL, or Chase's hands, who ever can let the game come to them and run the offense the way it has been designed to run, and not the only way a QB can run it!!! We have a good offensive scheme I believe when we have a QB that can run it the way DW4 ran it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and KB2 made his own improvements from being...

Apr 8, 2018, 4:05 PM

backup to the backup[after Schuessler took the 2 spot] and then won the competition for the starting job when many around the Clemson world saw ZC or even HJ getting the nod.

Just win baby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have to think he, or a friend of his, reads this board

Apr 8, 2018, 4:13 PM

KB will be highly, highly motivated.

Apr 8, 2018, 6:15 PM

Not only conceivable, but highly likely .

Apr 8, 2018, 6:31 PM

That was my hope as well...the problem - and I've heard this several places - is that he really hasn't improved much in terms of throwing since the end of last year.

The prevailing opinion seems to be: KB had better get out and throw his arm off this summer.

One thing I am confident of is that he will get the first chance to prove himself this Fall. My guess would be he'll get the start the first two games at the least, with the lead challenger maybe getting every third series....and everyone will see where we are then.

I would be truly surprised if anybody but KB started in Week 1 unless he gets injured. But the next guy will get his chances, and if the next guy gives us the better chance of winning...well.

I think it's unlikely he becomes a drastically better

Apr 8, 2018, 6:40 PM

thrower. I wouldn't expect much improvement in that area of his game.

On the other hand, it's possible he could make great strides on the mental side with his reads, progressions, etc. He also had poor pocket presence and got sacked A LOT for a guy with his mobility last year. Those are the areas where he could potentially make a leap IMO.

Re: I think it's unlikely he becomes a drastically better

Apr 8, 2018, 6:48 PM

Improved passing is a requirement or it’s time he loses the starting job. We are a passing team not a running team.

Apr 8, 2018, 6:46 PM

Sure

Apr 8, 2018, 6:50 PM

Yes!

Yea, conceivable to all except the coots.

Apr 8, 2018, 7:30 PM

Coots can't conceive that. Coots can't conceive anything.

Apr 8, 2018, 8:13 PM

KB will be a star this year.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic