Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s time to move from GUILT to LOVE!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,116

It’s time to move from GUILT to LOVE!!!

Jun 12, 2020, 9:48 AM

I’m hearing and reading these arguments based on- I didn’t own slaves, I grew up poor, I had to work hard too, I am not guilty of being racist, I don’t see how there’s not equal opportunity for everyone, I have experienced black crime..... forget guilt!!! It’s not where we should start- it’s love and mercy- hearing from and caring about the pains and struggles of others not because you HAVE to becuase you are guilty of something but because You WANT to because they are bothered by something and hurt by something and you don’t start by defending yourself but by looking for ways to bring others comfort. This whole thing is a call for mercy for something that doesn’t affect or make you guilty necessarily. I think we will find that we are on the same side fighting against a common enemy even though it has affected us in different ways. This is not a who owned slaves issue and proving white privilege. These things are only brought up in the absence of sincere understanding, love and listening. And though we may in the end STILL disagree We can have the satisfaction that someone stopped, didn’t get defensive and looked at things from my perspective and me from theirs. Love is the beginning and along the way we are free to own guilt and all of those things. To start defensively is a sure admission that something in you makes you feel guilty. So my brothers and sisters move beyond guilt and defense and to love and mercy and don’t give me this thing about being attacked and that’s why- just start somewhere else. Love y’all.
Good Samaritan story comes to mind- don’t pass by in order to keep yourself clean!!! Don’t defend yourself and in doing so let your brother suffer- don’t pass by thinking he must have done something wrong to er bear up and on the wrong side of this- stop for the sake of human mercy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s time to move from GUILT to LOVE!!!

Jun 12, 2020, 9:53 AM

Love and mercy are wonderful things but if they are not accepted, it's time to move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 10:03 AM

No. Its time for change.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 10:03 AM

It's a little hard not to get defensive when you are blowing up a board that folks come to get and discuss football topics for enjoyment. I have no problem with anyone's perspective on a topic, but when you post day after day about something other than football on this board, your message becomes less and less easy to hear. This whole conversation is devouring our nation (as it rightfully has a place and need of discussion), but when some look for a minute of escape from all that is stressful to just enjoy football and then come to this board to find it completely full of social justice discussion, it is not received well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 10:11 AM

Amen Brother.

he's got the GUILT and wants the rest of us to have it too***

Jun 12, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s time to move from GUILT to LOVE!!! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really quite simple...just don't read or hide the OP...

Jun 12, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: It’s time to move from GUILT to LOVE!!! ]

There are plenty of topics that get posted over and over and over that aren't relevant. This is a relevant topic. You do know there is a march tonight in Clemson right, led by the FB team & coaches.

Clemson made an extremely gutsy move, it didn't take weeks or multiple committee meetings to do the right thing.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the Amphitheatre not football board!!

Jun 12, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s time to move from GUILT to LOVE!!! ]

Nm

The troll is back***

Jun 12, 2020, 10:14 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t feel Guilt!

Jun 12, 2020, 10:36 AM

Why should I since I’ve been respectful to All..all my life, and even a friend to some that weren’t my color.

Wish I had more non-white friends but they “maybe” haven’t been wanting to befriend me due to my color OR neither of us were in the position or common place to meet the other.

Saying..

But glad that those of color are feeling better today & not guilty, either.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is troll a new way of describing a graduate and member of tigerband?

Jun 12, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to The troll is back*** ]

Who never missed a game football, men and women’s basketball for 4 years straight!! Who gives to the university and went to clemson as a native South Carolinian on academic scholarship. If that’s the case I am a troll. Thank you!!!

Don't even try to reason with him.

Jun 12, 2020, 10:51 AM

Your posts are reasonable and sensible. Unfortunately as you are well aware some are triggered by things that make them uncomfortable. Imagine how he was when the took the confederate flag off of the state house.

Carry on and ignore him and those like him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No need for reasoning, my opinion is different than

Jun 12, 2020, 11:51 AM

yours so it must be wrong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,116
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic