Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is this how the stadium will potentially be seated?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,727

Is this how the stadium will potentially be seated?

Jun 26, 2020, 11:06 AM

1. No visiting team tickets issued
2. No individual game tickets issued
3. That leaves approx. 58,000 season ticket holders and 10,000 student tickets
4. Offer any ticket holder who is concerned about health to receive a credit for next years tickets with guarantee of no price increase in exchange for returning their tickets. I am of the belief that upwards of 50% of ticket holders will agree to that out of fear or whatever. That leaves 30-35,000 willing to go to stadium. Well under the 50% threshold. If only 25% allowed in - use IPTAY point totals to get down to that level.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this how the stadium will potentially be seated?

Jun 26, 2020, 11:08 AM

I would think they'd also offer seating options to family members of the players, and potentially to recruits as well, but otherwise you may very well be right. Perhaps they would use the season tickets that get returned to seat the ones that I mentioned.

Not sure you could get 58k

Jun 26, 2020, 11:13 AM

Did you see how empty the Trump rally was? I think more people aren't willing to go out into huge crowds than you think. Unless we allow guests to loot the vendors, people will watch from home i bet.

I'm watching on TV this year unless 20k or less

Jun 26, 2020, 11:32 AM

are showing up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, unless the virus numbers drop bigtime

Jun 26, 2020, 2:57 PM

I see the best scenario as TV games. Then again maybe nothing. But I'm hoping to see the teams play, even if in an empty Death Valley.

TLDNR - 50-50 chance we play a season without fans. 25% chance we play a season with limited fans. 25% chance we don't play at all. 1% chance we pack the valley and play as normal.

But Clemson is going to have a heck of a hard time keeping students on campus even. Between dorm life, parties, bars, classes, etc. I just don't see how they can pull that off. Then you have the football team. Living in the same dorms. Going to the same classes. Bars are hopefully off limits, but going to parties, etc.

My plan would be to have a skeleton staff of professors on campus and students. Maybe just grad students and seniors? This way you can sleep well knowing the NCAA will be happy. Everyone else does online stuff. Football players are sequestered, do online classes, and get tested every 4 days. Players remain quarantined if they test positive for 14 days, or two clean tests, whichever comes first. It would be extremely difficult to pull off like they plan to because I was once in college and I know darn well no matter the rules and precautions, they will end up in bars, throwing parties, and whatever. Even then, it will be musical chairs with starters based on illness status more than practice performance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's 101%

Jun 26, 2020, 3:11 PM

That's why a Clemson man needs no introduction. The extra 1%.

Jun 26, 2020, 11:14 AM

How do they keep that 30-35k from packing into the best seats and thereby eliminating a huge part of the "benefit" of reducing attendance? Seems kinda silly to me. I wonder if requiring masks would be more effective.

I believe mask-wearing will be required regardless of the

Jun 26, 2020, 11:17 AM

option chosen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 26, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Is this how the stadium will potentially be seated? ]

They could potentially put something in the seats that prevents anyone from sitting in them. I'm not sure what that something would be, but I'm sure they could come up with something.

Jun 26, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Is this how the stadium will potentially be seated? ]

I think this season will have ZERO fans in the stands. TV sales will be sweet for those that sell them. If a number of fans are allowed and are made to wear masks; were any of you at the Texas A&M game last year. You think you could wear a face cover at that game? That would be a HUGE H3LL NO!!!! Not enough EMS in Pickens County for the pass outs. And I'm not talking about half time pass outs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biggest problem will be the restrooms in the stadium.***

Jun 26, 2020, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Is this how the stadium will potentially be seated? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the COVID cases continue to increase...

Jun 26, 2020, 11:31 AM

I think serious consideration will be given to playing with NO FANS in the stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 27, 2020, 8:16 AM

I think people are delusional, if they think they will allow fans in the stadium this year. I think the only option is players and coaches only and watch it from home on television. It’s really not worth the risk to the players or fans. I know this won’t be a popular comment.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,727
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic