Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Saban his own worst enemy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Is Saban his own worst enemy?

Feb 8, 2017, 4:29 PM

The recent move of Sark from Alabama makes me wonder...
Alabama has stocked the college football world with a fair amount of coaches over the past few years. But is that to the credit of Nick Saban or just because they come from Alabama? Having Alabama on your coaching resume probably does come in handy. But it seems Nick does have some trouble with coaches all to happy to move on after a short tenure.
Frankly, after the public ### chewing on national TV of Kiffin... if I had been Kiffin... I would have rolled my little game plan up and told Saban to stick it where the moon don't shine! And I would have made sure it was on ESPN highlight reel!
It just seems Nick is arrogant with his staff and perhaps a little full of himself. Next hire should be a new defensive coordinator!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Saban his own worst enemy?

Feb 8, 2017, 4:40 PM

Nick Saban is, was, and always has been a horrible employer. There's a probably aprocryphal story about his old days at Michigan State and how Saban, upon getting the LSU job, sent the LSU plane back up for his staff there at Michigan State...and the story goes, no one got on it.

Whatever, he's always been a DEMANDING, his-way, incredibly controlling boss. Obviously with his record it's worked for him but he's known as a no-kidding bear to work for.

You make money, working for Saban. You will pad your resume, working for Saban. You will also work 100-hour weeks, you will have no family life, and you will do things HIS WAY and to a standard of perfection that is above and beyond what is required anywhere else.

Why he wins. And why his guys are always jumping ship ASAP.

Feb 8, 2017, 5:10 PM

Is it true that his assistant coaches are not allowed to make statements to the press,etc.?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 5:36 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and cast my vote for #4 D. Watson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 7:33 PM

Everyone wants a coach that has coached under Saban. Used to be everyone wanted a coach that had coached under Urban Meyer, before that Bobby Bowden.
After we win another national championship or two, Dabo can get prepared to lose 1/3rd of his staff every year as well.

Feb 8, 2017, 8:24 PM

Good post, I've had similar thoughts. In the real world, I've seen his type many times. These over-bearing, uber-aggressive, in-your-face, my-way-or-the-highway kinda guys. They'll come into a company and get some immediate results, as people initially respond out of fear. But it is always short lived. Within a couple years, the key people in the company all get sick of it and walk. You know, the people that really matter... the ones that have been there 25 yrs, own the client relationships, have all the product knowledge between their ears, etc. And the company goes to crap, and he just moves on to another one.

It's different in college football, especially at a place like Bama. No matter how big of a ##### nozzle he is, there are always asst coaches willing to upgrade their resume for a couple years. And an endless supply of 5-star high school kids who are desperate to play there and try to get into the NFL. So he can get away with being a Little Hitler and survive the turnover.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Feb 8, 2017, 8:28 PM

Great players make great coaches period...

Feb 8, 2017, 8:33 PM

Great players seldom make great coaches.

Feb 8, 2017, 8:42 PM

@ tiger contractor, "great players seldom make great coaches...? I guess you disagree with Danny Ford.... you gotta have the talent/great players in order to have a chance at being successful...

Feb 8, 2017, 9:11 PM

Think y'all are saying two different things lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2017, 8:27 PM

If he is, does that make saban his own rival?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic