Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is justice finally coming to UNCheat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,986

Is justice finally coming to UNCheat?

Jul 26, 2017, 4:51 PM

From this report, it sounds like Tar holes may get more that a slap on the wrist.
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-maintains-ncaa-overreach-in-latest-ncaa-response/16840516/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Walt is spanking NOT ONLY UNC right now...but also ZEKE!***

Jul 26, 2017, 4:59 PM

Re: Walt did make a statement that I agree with: "If

Jul 26, 2017, 6:00 PM

a University brings an athlete in in order to benefit from his/her talents, win championships, increase revenues, etc., that institution is MORALLY responsible to prepare that individual for life after college. 99.9% of them will not make it in the pros." Bottom line is the elitist Baby Blues have had no morals for a 20 year time period!

A Kentucky football fan called in and said that several years ago Kentucky gave $1,500 worth of letter jackets to a bunch of recruits. They lost 23 scholarships over a several year period of time. Additionally, UNCheat did not turn themselves in, they got caught!

Can you imagine what the NCAA would have ALREADY done had this situation had happened at Clemson, USUx, NC State, VaTech, GaTech, Arkansas, Miss St, etc?

The whole Division 1 college nation anticipates the final ruling. Most agree it will be a slap on the wrist. So pathetic.

Re: Is justice finally coming to UNCheat?

Jul 26, 2017, 5:33 PM

I won't believe they will get punished until the punishment has been given out, and the NCAA has closed the books on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope the Clemson Prez and AD DEMAND as extra year.

Jul 26, 2017, 5:39 PM

Seems only fair.

They're the ones that demand an extra year for because because Clemson was turning into a football factory and the ACC was an Academic first conference.

It should also be noted that while I make fun of USuC,don't like them, they did leave the conference over academic requirements.

there's the 2 players that met NCAA requirements but didn't meets ACC requirements that were denied admission under Bowden ,but then wound up at UNCheat .

Re: I hope the Clemson Prez and AD DEMAND as extra year.

Jul 27, 2017, 10:23 AM

Absolutely the ACC should have its members vote on whether to give them an extra year of probation ..... and I guarantee that they will get it. For that to happen though, it will have to be taken out of the hand of our do-nothing commissioner, and demanded by the university presidents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect when the NCAA announces any sanctions...

Jul 26, 2017, 5:43 PM

which won't be for another 2-3 months, lawsuits and injunctions will emanate from chapelhole like flying monkeys from the wicked witch's fortress.....IMO, resolution of this scandal is still years away

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suspect when the NCAA announces any sanctions...

Jul 26, 2017, 6:25 PM

> which won't be for another 2-3 months, lawsuits and
> injunctions will emanate from chapelhole like flying
> monkeys from the wicked witch's fortress.....IMO,
> resolution of this scandal is still years
> away

I agree. They've already tried to lawyer their way out of this, which I think made the NCAA proceed with glacial slowness and caution for fear of legal liability...but I also think it made them mad.

The one thing the NCAA couldn't have stick was that whole "mind your own business" defense UNC just tried. It made them look weak and chastised and it invited the same response from everyone they investigated in the future. THAT crap was going to have to be put down, and put down hard, or there was literally no further reason for the NCAA to continue to exist.

Here's the problem, though: if the NCAA really hits UNC like they deserve, they're going to have to strip them of a bunch of titles. Vacating titles and wins - as many as UNC had - will create a gaping hole in the NCAA's title history much akin to the one Lance Armstrong left in the Tour de France, when they basically had no winner for seven years running for the titles they stripped from him. If that was the case, why run the race at all? To say it slashed corporate interest - and especially American interest - was putting it mildly, and the NCAA will be leery of creating the same issue with their own product.

So where does the NCAA land on this? I dunno. It's going to be fascinating to see. I think they almost have to take a hard line and let the chips fall where they may but I think you're absolutely right UNC is going to fight it forever, too, for whatever good it'll do them.

Jul 26, 2017, 6:56 PM

If NCAA does not step forward and do their job, every Univ./College with deep pockets will do as UNC. They will throw money at the problem until it goes away. Cheating will be normal. Don't see how NCAA can turn their backs.

Jul 26, 2017, 8:26 PM

Crum said "Clemson is a disgrace" when we had so much involvement from one fan. Lack of control. Here Uncheat had players taking FAKE classes with FAKE grades to be able to compete.Uncheat's actions, with indignation, is beyond belief !

The words "college" and "special classes" used to be

Jul 26, 2017, 8:32 PM

incompatible terms. But for those UNC athletes who couldn't make it into Clemson dues to grades, it apparently has been needed for a while there.

Jul 26, 2017, 9:11 PM

Sorry......unc football legend Charlie "Choo Choo" Justice died 13 or 14 years ago....??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2017, 11:49 PM

I think the NCAA Infractions Committee is pissed off. If UNC doesn't get the death penalty it will be a travesty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not until they shut the whole school down

Jul 26, 2017, 11:52 PM

forever.

So Clemson Christmas comes in the middle of Aug. this year.

Jul 27, 2017, 9:54 AM

This year for Crimuss I want the death penalty for UNCheat, some sky blue toilet paper to wipe my Dean with, some Roy dusce for my bidet sprayer and pipe to UNC to flush the chit to when it's all done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic