Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it just me or did ETN still not get as many touches as I thought he would
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Is it just me or did ETN still not get as many touches as I thought he would

Oct 2, 2017, 10:19 PM

I expected a few more after his recent games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

patience***

Oct 2, 2017, 10:21 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: patience***

Oct 2, 2017, 10:24 PM

Exactly...he's an 18 yo kid who's still growing. We have 3 grown men as every down backs, and don't want to get him banged up early season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it just me or did ETN still not get as many touches as I thought he would

Oct 2, 2017, 10:25 PM

BUT - he should not be given the ball on every play that he is in the game. It's kind of a dead giveaway as to what we plan to do. Maybe fake it to him once.

Remember Kelly's 19 yard run on 1st and 20?

Oct 3, 2017, 2:32 AM

That was a fake to ETN

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it just me or did ETN still not get as many touches as I thought he would

Oct 3, 2017, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me or did ETN still not get as many touches as I thought he would ]

I said that to my grandson during the VT game. I suggested using him as a decoy. Bud Foster knew he was gonna get it every time and teed off on him.

Only one less carry than Feaster (our starter now)

Oct 2, 2017, 10:27 PM

Simply put, the running game from the RB position wasn't working all that effectively. In addition, we didn't run that total plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Oct 3, 2017, 12:04 AM

He fumbled the ball one time, Coach Elliot said in his interview. We got it back and maybe he was already down, but he did put it on the ground.

They are not putting you back in as a RB if you put it on the ground, see CJ Fuller's 2 fumbles this year, did not go back into either game.

When #9 is on the field the Defense is run blitzing every play now, they have enough film to know that if he is on the field he is most likely getting the ball.

Oct 3, 2017, 12:14 AM

What did you want for him to get more 1 yard gains?
Feaster had a couple of good runs off tackle but VT was daring us to throw.
I was about to get sick of wasting first down every time running it up the middle.

Oct 3, 2017, 6:44 AM

Notice the way VT responded when ETN was in the game. This is exactly why he needs time to develop as a good pass blocker. Good defensive coaches will teach their defense that he is only a threat to run the ball and when he is in the game we are running the ball and not passing and they will pin their ears back and clog the gaps. Pass blocking as a RB is more difficult than most think. He has to recognize the coverage, know the blocking scheme up front and diagnose the blitz quickly. This is going to take time. As others have stated.....Patience...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic