Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Dylan Thompson better than Cole Stoudt?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Is Dylan Thompson better than Cole Stoudt?

Nov 21, 2014, 8:03 PM

The eye ball test tells me they're about the same. Cole looks to be a little more athletic and better arm. But Dylan somehow scrapes out plays. Will power? Coaching? Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. By a large margin.***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:06 PM

Re: Yes. By a large margin.***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:08 PM

I have to agree with you. The answer is clearly a yes for me also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2014, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Yes. By a large margin.*** ]

Not even close. DT actually has good stats. CS in that offense and the chickens would maybe have won 2 or 3 games. He is by far the worst qb, probably in the country.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:14 PM

Chokeurself

Nov 21, 2014, 8:16 PM

What? You don't agree??

Now lets compare Watson and Thompson

Nov 21, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes. By a large margin.*** ]

now that is another huge gap

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And DT's arm is 3x better than Cole's.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Yes. By a large margin.*** ]

It's just the facts. DT is just as mobile, if not more. He has a stronger arm. He looks through his progressions. He turns secondaries with his eyes. Cole is a much better QB than his play this year has shown (I blame that on a sever lack of common sense play calling). For instance, we have one of the top mismatches at TE in the Country in Leggett and the only
Times we've thrown to him has been sideline passes where a corner or safety has picked up coverage. Why aren't we attacking the middle with Jordan where he's matched up on an inferior athlete such as a smaller linebacker?!!!!

Re: And DT's arm is 3x better than Cole's.

Nov 21, 2014, 8:11 PM

> It's just the facts. DT is just as mobile, if not
> more. He has a stronger arm. He looks through his
> progressions. He turns secondaries with his eyes.
> Cole is a much better QB than his play this year has
> s shown (I blame that on a sever lack of common sense
> play calling). For instance, we have one of the top
> mismatches at TE in the Country in Leggett and the
> only
> Times we've thrown to him has been sideline passes
> where a corner or safety has picked up coverage. Why
> aren't we attacking the middle with Jordan where he's
> matched up on an inferior athlete such as a smaller
> linebacker?!!!!

Apparently my iphone is as drunk as our OC!***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:12 PM

Nov 21, 2014, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: And DT's arm is 3x better than Cole's. ]

Maybe. However , DT doesn't play defense . That is where the Coots stink . That is why they've lost 5 games (3 w/14 point 4th Q leads to unranked teams /twice at home !)
So no matter who we have playing qb , our formula of stout defense has done wonders. I expect to win .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 21, 2014, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: And DT's arm is 3x better than Cole's. ]

Maybe. However , DT doesn't play defense . That is where the Coots stink . That is why they've lost 5 games (3 w/14 point 4th Q leads to unranked teams /twice at home !)
So no matter who we have playing qb , our formula of stout defense has done wonders. I expect to win .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Hahahahahahaha Dylan Thompson better than anyone by a "large

Nov 21, 2014, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Yes. By a large margin.*** ]

margin" that's hilarious!

no***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:07 PM

Not as much as stats would lead you to think

Nov 21, 2014, 8:16 PM

Their running game and offensive line would make Cole look much better

Re: Not as much as stats would lead you to think

Nov 21, 2014, 5:06 PM

Their running game is what ? James' less talented , chubby little brother ? He got 22 yds on 15 carries against our defense last year ...in the roach. You think he is gonna succeed against our top 3 D in death Valley ? Lolz
They are in for it , and all that streak talk and the "culture change " jibberish is just nervous chatter.
Clemson is about to put #66 up.

DB23

Thompson and the USC offense has been good

Nov 21, 2014, 8:32 PM

this year as compared to ours without Watson which has been pitiful. Thompson can make plays down the field whereas ours with CS is basically played within a 5 yard box at the line of scrimmage. Its a harsh and undeniable truth that without Watson we have had one if the worst offenses in the country. Its the worst I've seen here since the Tommy West years.

Compare the stats. I'd swap for CU/USC with no hesitation.****

Nov 21, 2014, 8:19 PM

I don't there are many QBs in D1 that Cole

Nov 21, 2014, 8:19 PM

Is better than. Hate to knock Cole but its the truth with the way he is playing right now. Its not just the INT's either. He constantly misses wide open receivers and for some reason can't make the throw to his TE's when its only a 5-10 yd pass. If played like he did in the first half of the UGA game then I wouldn't be so worried about the rest of the season. I don't know if its confidence or his injury but he's not playing to his potential

But thompsons terrible... The coots hate him but the funny

Nov 21, 2014, 8:24 PM

thing is that the guy behind him is worse than cole stoudt could ever be do its either Thompson throwing deep balls the whole game or the equivalent of a monkey ######### in its hand and throwing it aimlessly

Re: Is Dylan Thompson better than Cole Stoudt?

Nov 21, 2014, 8:24 PM

Yes. Anyone who says no needs to take off the Orange glasses. Cole is the worst decision maker Clemson has ever had at QB. He may be hurt, but that doesn't effect his decision making.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't Matter

Nov 21, 2014, 8:25 PM

and who cares. 66 is coming - no matter who starts at qb. but just so cocklovers know......DW is playing.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 21, 2014, 8:32 PM

Cole is . He's easy to read sometimes and needs too hide ball better but I thing you have to take the good with the bad. And it's time for some good. Your time Cole!

Nov 21, 2014, 8:35 PM

Ask yourself this, would you trade Cole Stoudt for Thompson?

I'd like to think clemson fans would.

If Dylan started for Clemson every game this season, you'd have no worse than the same record you do now.

If Stoudt was our QB and we asked him to do what we ask Dylan to do every week, we might be winless

Nov 21, 2014, 8:46 PM

That's like asking me if I'd were a gamecock garment of some kind, Not happening !

Nov 21, 2014, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Dylan Thompson better than Cole Stoudt? ]

Would absolutely trade Stoudt for Thompson...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOB Dylan is a better QB than Stoudt.***

Nov 21, 2014, 10:05 PM

Is there any doubt?***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:39 PM

Re: Is there any doubt?***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:42 PM

I wouldn't trade for Thompson
Nick Shuessler , grab your helmet.
No Coots are welcome .

DB23

Re: Is there any doubt?***

Nov 21, 2014, 8:55 PM

Funny thing is DT grew up a huge Clemson fan coming to all the games through high school. He would have done anything to play for CU, but we didn't offer. The ole ball sack seen him throw a few balls and offered. Can't blame him for accepting a free ride.

Let Cole play behind a good offensive line with a couple

Nov 21, 2014, 8:50 PM

of stud RBs and then ask me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Let Cole play behind a good offensive line with a couple

Nov 21, 2014, 8:55 PM

Yep. what this guy says...

Nov 21, 2014, 8:51 PM

As I have told a few coots I know. DT and CS were long time back-up QB's for a reason and it's because the both suck!!!!

Nov 21, 2014, 9:33 PM

They're about the same? Lol. What kinda drugs you been smoking? Stoudt makes Thompson look like Peyton Manning. At least SC can put points on the board. Hell, we're struggling just for field goals right now. Stoudt is arguably the worst QB in the FBS.

Nov 21, 2014, 9:37 PM

Thompson reminds me of Brandon Streeter . Serviceable arm , little to no real talent behind being able to locate the next playcall.
I hope I didn't insult Brandon Streeter .

DB23

yes he is, not even close***

Nov 21, 2014, 9:45 PM

Stoudt doesn't have a better arm

Nov 21, 2014, 9:48 PM

Cole has a horrible arm and is why defenses stack the box, they know he can't stretch the field deep

Dylan McKay

Nov 21, 2014, 9:52 PM

From 901210 is better than Cole Stoudt and pulled way more chicks. Be honest... Plus he has a REAL QB coach. Hate to say it, but he'll be prepared on Nov 29

Nov 21, 2014, 9:53 PM

DT is way better than Cole, no question about it.

Nov 21, 2014, 9:57 PM

What? Whatever your smoking, i don't want any. Smh

Nov 21, 2014, 9:58 PM

Yea but only at QB

Nov 21, 2014, 11:05 PM

Thompson is no where near as good as Shaw, but he is light years better than Stout. Yes he is prone to turnovers like Stout, but he can also make big plays and does so in every game. Plus he stretches the field something Stout can't do. Throw in that they have 2 very good running backs and tough offensive line, Carolina can move the ball.

Nov 22, 2014, 4:36 AM

Thompson is not a bad QB. He lacks touch on deep throws and has a very difficult time gauging pass distance on anything over 25 yds or so.

He has weapons in Pharell (sp?) and Byrd that make him look better than he is. He can definitely make throws bw 10-20 yds accurately and can get in a groove.

To address the posters questio, He IS much better than Stoudt. He has much more field awareness, his players trust him more, his confidence is not as easily shaken and he seems to understand his playbook/gameplan execution

I am not trying to build the guy up bc he is by far a great QB, but don't mistake him as a piece of cake for our D to destroy.

We should be fine defensively if we shut down the run early and get into a zone D. It will tough to cover their speedy receivers playing man

Nov 22, 2014, 5:02 AM

Have you watched our defense at all this year ? Except for 15 minutes against Uga , and one broken play against FSU ...they have been as good as anyone in the country.
I am sorry man , Coots are gonna struggle to move that ball ...just like everyone else has this year . Clemson by a TD .

DB23

Nov 22, 2014, 6:23 AM

I think our D has played brilliantly all season and I am very proud of them (yes I watched every game).The only thing im trying to emphasize is that from watching coot games this season, it's been the "tale of two Thompsons". This is a team and QB who one week barely escapes ECU, loses to Kentucky, loses to Missouri (who got best by Indiana), and loses to Tennessee who had zero conference wins. But this same team also beat UGA (with Gurley) and gave Auburn all they could handle.

That old drunk Spurrier somehow gets his QB and gameplan together when it comes to these games. Our D can hold up well I know, but Thompson is effective enough to move the ball therefore, don't shrug him off.

Nick Arbuckle says HI!

Nov 22, 2014, 5:44 AM

GA State's QB comes in at #43......but neither he nor Stoudt (#98) are pimples on Hutson Mason's (#17) a$$.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2014/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html

I bet #17 QB ranking...

Nov 22, 2014, 6:36 AM

Looks better on paper than it did in Jacksonville.

Re: I bet #17 QB ranking...

Nov 22, 2014, 8:14 AM

> Looks better on paper than it did in Jacksonville.

I didn't see Hutson play any defense.....probably should have given him a shot. Tune in next week and watch him beat GTech.

Re: I bet #17 QB ranking...

Nov 22, 2014, 10:23 AM

I was unaware that wins/losses were only assigned to the individuals who play poorly. If Mason can win with a defense he can lose with them as well.

And the fact is, the QB for UGA had the ball in his hands just like the QB from UF. Only difference is one QB scored more than the other

Re: Nick Arbuckle says HI!

Nov 22, 2014, 6:55 AM [ in reply to Nick Arbuckle says HI! ]

And that's saying something if Hudson mason is better than Cole stoudt! Haha.

Thankfully that after 3 more games Cole stoudt will never have to pick up a football again. He is the worst qb to ever play at Clemson, period. Great guy, though. Beautiful hair.

Nov 22, 2014, 8:45 AM

Remember a few years ago when Dylan subbed for Shaw and ran all over the tigers, enough said !

Nov 22, 2014, 8:50 AM

Of course DT is....he plays in the sec

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Healthy Dylan Thompson is better than injured Cole Stoudt

Nov 22, 2014, 10:43 AM

duh!?!?!
Would an injured Dylan Thompson better than a healthy Cole Stoudt? Heck NO!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2014, 10:59 AM

Irrelevant question - Is CU defense better than SC defense?

Nov 22, 2014, 11:08 AM

DT is a lot better than CS, if not for Carolinas Defense they wouldve won almost all their games this season. They are firing on all cylinders on Offense. Yes a lot of it is Wildes, Davis, & Cooper, but DT is right there with them. He definitely is no Shaw but he still is a fairly solid QB. Is he even close to DW? Heck no! DW would run the game from 1st qrtr to 4th qrtr. If CS starts the game against Carolina i dont know that i can even watch it because itll be a train wreck from start to finish.

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic