Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ironic that Gantt Circle is in front of that "racist" Tillman Hall bldg...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 861

Ironic that Gantt Circle is in front of that "racist" Tillman Hall bldg...

Jul 17, 2015, 3:44 PM

I was there the day that Harvey came out of Tillman Hall and quick little speaches were given to those attending (and world media & press).

Best thing is Clemson students never made any problems that day or any real trouble thereafter that I remember (except to maybe place trash can full of water up against his door as prank..which they did with me as a Frosh!).

Must admit I never got to meet Harvey, on campus or in Charlotte years later, but wanted to since I've admired his success from afar..his being great student at Clemson, architect firm owner, mayor of Charlotte and Ambassador for Clemson.

Yes, ironic Tillman Hall's main entrance
is surrounded by a driveway named after SC's first black student!

Only at CLEMSON! GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ironic that Gantt Circle is in front of that "racist" Tillman Hall bldg...

Jul 17, 2015, 5:30 PM

Was there also Bill. Talked to a Highway Patrolman from my home area (Fort Mill) who was housed in the Clemson House. He said he was proud of us students. Couldn't been any traffic tickets given out in SC for about a month, all the highway patrol were in Clemson. I was almost late for class one day and this reporter stuck a mike in my face and wanted a comment about Gantt. My comment was who is that and kept walking.
We used to stop coming back on weekend at this joint between York and Blacksburg. One night a guy offered me a gun and an airtight alabi if I would shoot Harvey. Took the gun and threw in in Broad river when we crossed it. Needless to say never stopped there again. Friends asked me why I took the gun, told them that guy might find some fool to really do it. True story

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 861
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic