Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Different perspective on selling of tickets......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Different perspective on selling of tickets......

Sep 22, 2015, 9:35 AM

FWIW I am not trying to sell any tickets. Actually trying to buy a couple.

While I don't think that the online scalpers should be asking for $1000 or more, a couple of hundred or at least double face value (85 x 2 = 170) is not unreasonable. Look at it this way: Clemson sells Wofford tickets for what? $35 and then they turn around and charge us $85 for Notre Dame game, more than double the Wofford tickets. Why do they do this? Because they know people will pay for them. The market for those tickets could've actually been greater than $100 if they wanted. It would sell out regardless. Obviously they knew they would sell more season tickets to all the games if they kept Notre Dame reasonable. This game is just a more desirable, therefore more marketable game. Having said that, if you charge $1000 per ticket and get some fool to buy it then good job for you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Different perspective on selling of tickets......

Sep 22, 2015, 9:41 AM

Depends where the tickets are too. Keep in mind that premium seats require IPTAY dues that can exceed an average of $1000 per game. People are unbelievably ignorant to think people pay only face value to buy these tickets and shouldn't try to get back what they put into them.

Iptay dues are a DONATION.

Sep 22, 2015, 9:56 AM

tickets, stickers, and parking passes are a perk.

You may donate to iptay to get seats. The guy you are selling to could care less.

Charge whatever you like for your tickets. I don't have a problem with scalping. Spare us the sob story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Who has the sob story? looks like everyone is agreeing with

Sep 22, 2015, 12:54 PM

you. The OP is advocating a couple hundred or at least double face value.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Who has the sob story? looks like everyone is agreeing with

Sep 22, 2015, 1:12 PM

You really believe IPTAY is considered by most season ticket holders as "just a donation"? Do you really think people would donate what they do if it wasn't tied into the quality of their seats? Most people I know consider it when selling their tickets for big games. I've given away tickets to the cupcake games but it's easy to make it back for the big ones.

Just did some quick math and each ticket costs me

Sep 22, 2015, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Different perspective on selling of tickets...... ]

$142.15 for each game. That's a lot of money to go see teams like Wofford, but I pay it every year.

I used IPTAY donation plus price for 4 season tickets for seven home games in my calculation.

That $35 ticket price seems like a bargain!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just did some quick math and each ticket costs me

Sep 22, 2015, 10:13 AM

Exactly. And then you have people who don't even want to pay you $35 for the Wofford type games.

Ok.. I'll give you $240 for 2 wofford and 2 nd tickets

Sep 22, 2015, 10:43 AM

Vs Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ok.. I'll give you $284.30 for 2 nd tickets.***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Just did some quick math and each ticket costs me ]

Obviously, they have a very great sentimental value.

Sep 22, 2015, 1:14 PM

I'm not quite sure I could let them go at that price... ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Different perspective on selling of tickets......

Sep 22, 2015, 9:51 AM

After you join Iptay and get the privilege to buy the tickets, let me know when you have extra USC or Notre Dame tickets. I will gladly buy any you have for "face value".

I'm pretty sure by then, your idea of the value of those tickets will be much different than it is today.

Life is pretty much the same way. If you want a great experience in life, you need to invest in it. If not, you can deal with the sharks and the scammers the rest of your life.

Your choice!!!

Not sure who you intended to respond to there but if you

Sep 22, 2015, 12:51 PM

read my original post there you can see that I agree with you.
I do belong too Iptay, I pay a premium for good seats and the point of my post was justifying the higher price of big games. look on there and tell me where I was saying you should buy them for face value. I said double face value!

And just why exactly should anybody not ask $1000 if they

Sep 22, 2015, 1:19 PM

can get it? I have no idea what the scalping laws are any more and it doesn't matter. Why should somebody ask less than they can get for something? Your issue should be with those willing to pay it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I made the OP too long....

Sep 22, 2015, 1:36 PM

"Having said that, if you charge $1000 per ticket and get some fool to buy it then good job for you!"

You did, there was math, reasoning, and all this other

Sep 22, 2015, 1:43 PM

stuff that got disregarded once you said people shouldn't ask for such and such price.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you had no problem with Enron either.

Sep 22, 2015, 1:39 PM

I mean, they were just making as much as they could.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic