Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing I have a problem with...we had been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,127

One thing I have a problem with...we had been

Sep 21, 2014, 2:50 PM

snapping the ball high all night long in the shotgun to the point where I thought we were dangerously close to having a big mistake there. If you could kind of see that thing on the goal line coming watching on it t.v., how is it that the coaches couldn't?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I posted on this twice last night after DW went chasing...

Sep 21, 2014, 3:04 PM

after the one that was 3 feet over his head. The question I hope someone from the press asks Dabo or Chad this week is did anyone from the coaching staff address this at all during halftime when you could see Watson constantly having to hop up for them in the 2nd quarter. I am very curious if those types of things are covered (even if only by an assistant coach), because you could see it coming as frequently as it was happening. I was shocked to see it re-appear in the 3rd quarter, and of course we all know what ultimately happened.

I posted earlier today that I trusted the decision on the shotgun call given they had seen DW apparently struggle with it - still doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to get a yard running the ball when we need to. But it was this situation with the center/QB exchange (if they did not address it at all prior to the bad play) and having Lakip attempt the second kick that bothered me the most.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inside the 5 yard line and in the "Shotgun"

Sep 21, 2014, 3:16 PM

This mystifies me You can't do that if you are running up middle. Takes too long for back to get to LOS. FS just kept clogging up the middle.

Our playcalling is too vanilla. All FS linemen and backers clogging up middle----hit tight end with pass just behind backers.

We must have thrown 10 or more screens. To the same place on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep definitely was not surprised when it happened

Sep 21, 2014, 3:09 PM

Turned tonywife and said "that's the one we've been expecting."

All those prior high snaps, while DW handled them, messed up the timing of those plays.

You know that was 2 different centers, right?***

Sep 21, 2014, 3:18 PM

Valid point on your part.***

Sep 21, 2014, 3:35 PM

Not a lot of coaching goes on, on our

Sep 21, 2014, 3:21 PM

sideline. Coaches act like spectators. At our viewing party we were try to decide if the betting pool should be based of if or not the snap would go over DW head or at what minute mark the snap would be over his head. Team comes off and back on with not improvement. Later it happens.

Not sure why the O coaches watch the D. CM hardly spends any time with the O when they come off the field. After Cole came out he was left to just stand around instead of participating with what was going on. Kicker just floating around with towel on his head. Just watch next week at all the coaches including Dabo watching the game like a spectator. You have to take actions based on what is happening on the field.
And Joey Batson should be required to buy a ticket.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a lot of coaching goes on, on our

Sep 21, 2014, 5:36 PM

Lak

Re: Not a lot of coaching goes on, on our

Sep 21, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Not a lot of coaching goes on, on our ]

Lakip sitting alone on the bench with a towel over his head like his dog just died worries me a lot. If this stuff gets in their heads and the coaches don't do a better job keeping them loose, we're looking at a 7-5 season at best.

how is it that coaches couldn't see the best QB v Ga.?***

Sep 21, 2014, 5:46 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic