Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How come no one's talking about hydroxychloroquine?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

How come no one's talking about hydroxychloroquine?

Jun 29, 2020, 4:16 PM

Isn't it the wonder drug?

Oh.

Whether hydroxychloroquine, a drug touted by President Trump as a potential treatment for the new coronavirus, has been debated shortly after it began spreading the in United States, but recent evidence shows the drug has no positive effect.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/can-hydroxychloroquine-treat-coronavirus

Well, it was no big deal that Trump promoted hydroxychloroquine. No one took his advice seriously, right?

Oh.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/hydroxychloroquine-prescriptions-rose-2000-percent-trump

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

God forbid people try things and be wrong

Jun 29, 2020, 4:19 PM

Nice to know you spike the football while people are dying. Classy move. Not a Trump supporter but was hoping this, or one of the other drugs would work so we could go back to normal. While civilized people were hopeful you were praying it wouldn't work so you could blame Trump. Nice.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God forbid Trump lie again and get called out about it.***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whatd he lie about on this?***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whatd he lie about on this?***

Jun 29, 2020, 8:15 PM

Trump said he started taking hydroxychloroquine because he thinks “it’s good” and has “heard a lot of good stories.” But there is no published data showing that the medication protects against infection with the coronavirus, and experts recommend such use only within clinical trials.
As part of his justification for taking hydroxychloroquine, the president repeatedly said that “many” frontline workers take the drug for COVID-19 prevention. It’s unclear how many people do take the drug for prevention, or prophylaxis, but several physicians told us they were not aware of the practice at their institutions.
Trump insisted that there only has been one “bad survey” of hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19. That’s false. Numerous studies, including the best evidence to date, do not suggest that hydroxychloroquine is beneficial for COVID-19 patients.
The president called an unpublished study that used Veterans Affairs data and found no benefit to using hydroxychloroquine “phony” and “false,” and accused the authors of being politically motivated. There is no evidence of political bias, and while the study has not been peer-reviewed, its results are consistent with other published papers.
Trump was also not transparent about the safety risks of hydroxychloroquine, saying “it doesn’t hurt people” and “you’re not going to get sick or die.” While severe side effects of the drug are rare, they have been reported to the Food and Drug Administration.
Trump claimed Rick Bright, former director of the agency charged with overseeing the production and purchase of drugs to counter public health threats, must have been “a believer at one point” in hydroxychloroquine because he “signed the application” for emergency use of the drug. Bright, however, said he did so under pressure and “didn’t have a choice.”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lord that's a lot of Trump lies about hydroxycloroquine

Jun 29, 2020, 8:37 PM

While more than I could recall off the top of my head, the list feels incomplete, for some reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also very unlikely he actually took it

Jun 29, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: whatd he lie about on this?*** ]

His obesity and heart issues are very negative indications against use and his doctors are competent. He was either lying about taking it, or his doctors gave him a placebo from the clinical trials.

You had me at "not a Trump supporter."***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to God forbid people try things and be wrong ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I'm voting for Jo Jorgensen

Jun 29, 2020, 5:44 PM

Because I'm sick and tired of the team politics and every single event dividing us. It's absurd that Trump makes masks into a political issue the same way it's evil the way you root for people to die so he looks bad. If it's left up to the two party system there won't be an America left to leave our kids. Your terrible attitude is part of the problem. It didn't start with Trump.

Trump is what you got because of YOUR actions. Look at how you treated George W. Now all of the sudden he's not so bad, huh? Then all of the terrible things you said about McCain during his election, when he was about the most centrist candidate ever put forth. Then you made Romney out to be the devil when he had little to no fight in him and was basically a choir boy. So, no matter who the other team put out there, you made them into a villain. Well, guess what, the other side got tired of it and gave you a real bully. And he beat you.

And now you've spent the last 3 years making up stuff to tear him down. Well, I'm tired of it. I don't like Trump, and I think the Republican party is too feckless to ever get things done for the middle class. But I will never, ever vote for the Dems because of people like you. This country needs a third party. I think if Jorgensen gets into a debate she will wipe the floor with those guys.

Totally agree!

Jun 29, 2020, 6:09 PM

OK, not totally. I mean, definitely agree that Trump isn't responsible for my bad attitude. I came up with my bad attitude all by myself!

And yes, you are absolutely right that Americans generally have created the monster of a system we have today.

You are sort of making up things about me, like all the terrible things I said about McCain (I liked him a lot) and Romney (not a fan but had no major criticisms), but generally speaking I hear ya!

- Jonathan Swift

Re: God forbid people try things and be wrong

Jun 29, 2020, 7:13 PM [ in reply to God forbid people try things and be wrong ]

My fiancée has lupus and must take hydroxychloroquine. Because Trump decided, without any evidence whatsoever, that hydroxychloroquine was the wonder drug that would cure COVID-19, she had a h3ll of a time getting the prescription she needed. She was lucky that she was able to get her medicine; many others weren't so fortunate.

So yes, Trump's idiocy directly affected people who need the drug. You can't just throw #### at the wall and hope it sticks when people's health hangs in the balance. But of course Trump and the rest of his party of dumbarses can't think five minutes ahead of the current moment.

Re: How come no one's talking about hydroxychloroquine?

Jun 29, 2020, 4:43 PM

no profit

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, it is dirt cheap***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:52 PM

There's too much science saying it works in early stages...

Jun 29, 2020, 4:46 PM

of viral infections and nothing but studies which showed it doesn't after pneumonia has set in. Imo, Fauci is pulling another stunt like he did when he told us that mask didn't work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo,

Jun 29, 2020, 5:00 PM

there are health care workers taking it to prevent infection/kill it early. Probably doing the same thing he did with masks. Not enough of it to give to everyone so he says it doesn't work so health care people can have it.

There is no real science saying that..

Jun 29, 2020, 7:57 PM [ in reply to There's too much science saying it works in early stages... ]

Only Fox News propaganda. And a bunch of ####### on the internet.

Jhop, I'm betwixt and between with you.

Jun 29, 2020, 8:43 PM

I pray for you every night and really bothers me to have to straighten out your deception but the truth is important.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302179

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I usually respect Elsevier journals

Jun 29, 2020, 11:33 PM

I've dealt with them for 30+ years as author and reviewer. But that is another article that should not have been published and another one from Raoult that they will regret.

You’re quite the renaissance man.***

Jun 29, 2020, 11:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo.***

Jun 30, 2020, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The head of the veterans administration said on any given..

Jun 30, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to I usually respect Elsevier journals ]

day they dispensed 42,000 doses of HCQ. I doubt they perform 42K EKGs to go with it, hop.

So sad***

Jun 30, 2020, 9:27 PM

Jun 29, 2020, 4:46 PM

How come no one’s talking about all the dead over the weekend? I mean BLM and stuff...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or how much destruction the left has caused on our cities?***

Jun 29, 2020, 4:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear about this dozens of times a day thanks to this

Jun 29, 2020, 5:11 PM

board. What do ya'll mean "no one is talking about it?" It's literally the defense of almost every critique of Trump these days.

Well let’s see

Jun 29, 2020, 5:15 PM

Re: or how much destruction the left has caused on our cities?***

Jun 29, 2020, 5:21 PM [ in reply to or how much destruction the left has caused on our cities?*** ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/NEWS-ALERT-27419219

- Jonathan Swift

You sorta did the same thing in this thread where you

Jun 29, 2020, 11:45 PM

Basically assumed a guy was lying because you believed his viewpoint must belong to a “team”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did? Where? I'll fix.***

Jul 1, 2020, 10:34 AM

- Jonathan Swift

The MSM has found another toy to distract dems in...

Jun 29, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: How come no one's talking about hydroxychloroquine? ]

congress from the horror of living in a democrat run city. Russiagate, it's bigger than Watergate and now Bountygate makes them both look like child's play.

Dupes gonna dupe.

Dummy. We moved on to Lysol.

Jun 29, 2020, 6:16 PM

TTKU

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 6:51 PM

^^fake study.^^ ??

It worked for me***

Jun 29, 2020, 7:38 PM

Short story for you: A friend of the wife that she formerly

Jun 29, 2020, 8:19 PM

worked with tested positive a few weeks ago. Her 26-yr.old son and his fiancé both showed symptoms and after they tested positive, she decided to get tested as well, though she was asymptomatic and never got ill. The couple were bed-ridden sick for over a week...

My wife's friend is mid-to-late 50s... She suffers from lupus and has been taking hydroxychloroquine for 6.5+ years on a daily basis. If you aren't familiar with lupus, it is an immune deficiency disease generally manifested in either rheumatoid arthritis or lung problems.

As her son has just finished veterinarian school, he and his fiancé have been living with her while in the process of buying a house. She was exposed to them throughout. She thinks, as do I and my wife, that the hydroxy had something to do with her being asymptomatic.

She is classified as 'highly vulnerable' and yet no symptoms whatsoever... It's a little beyond coincidence. That said, I don't think it's a treatment... I believe it's a preventive that hopefully works at the first sign of symptoms,... HOPEFULLY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The key is to take it early. As your case shows.***

Jun 30, 2020, 10:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Lupus isn't about immune deficiency

Jun 30, 2020, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Short story for you: A friend of the wife that she formerly ]

It's an autoimmune disease that causes an overactive immune system to attack the host. Hydroxychloroquine is effective for lupus in some people because it supresses the immune system and keeps it from attacking the body. It also makes people more susceptible to outside infection for the same reason.

Your friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend might have benefited from hydroxychloroquine. Or maybe she just ate a banana every day. There are good reasons why respectable doctors and public health experts don't recommend usage and why the FDA revoked emergency use authorization.

You're correct about the 'auto-immune' part... My version

Jun 30, 2020, 11:21 PM

was a simplification. However, there is an international study currently being conducted because of the low rate of Covid among lupus patients receiving hydroxychloroquine treatment... Some are smaller, but one involves 1500 patients. We'll see.

To blatantly dismiss it shows your agenda. The "respected" always speak in terms of treatment, not preventative. As to the FDA, they're Big Pharma's mouthpiece for doing whatever... That vaccine thing is $Trillion$...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it caused my peanor to shrink

Jun 30, 2020, 6:55 AM

Now I'm barely even 10" soft anymore.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Their study only looks at people that are already bad off.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:07 PM

Hospitalized patients and 25% death rate tells you that.

In other words, they're not actually testing the claims

Jul 1, 2020, 1:59 AM

made about HCQ.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic