Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greenr reviews Bourbon Street
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Greenr reviews Bourbon Street

Apr 12, 2021, 11:53 AM

As some of you know, Greenr was in South Alabama on the coast this week so we took a trip to the Big Easy to introduce my kids to good music, good food, and nasty people. If we were going to do it, we were going to stay walking distance from everything, no Uber, no cabs, just valet the car and pick it up when we leave.

Arrived after a couple hour drive along I-10 just after lunch time. We planned to get there at 1:00, had lunch reservations at 1:30, got to New Orleans around 2:00. Unfortunately, the road adjacent to the hotel, Conti Street, was blocked off for construction and Google Maps kept sending me around the block. Luckily, after 2-3 trips around in wall to wall traffic, we realized that you can valet from Bienville as well.

Dropped the car off under the hotel and checked in. Dropped a couple bags in the room and then proceeded to walk down Bourbon Street to Toulouse then to Jackson Square. I generally know my way around because I have been there once and everything is a square. The kids saw a lovely lady hike up her skirt for beads within 30 seconds of us heading out the hotel. I didn't think they saw it until they started talking about it at lunch. Walked through Jackson Square, snapped some pics, and proceeded to The Original French Market. The patio seats were all taken, so we sat inside. I chugged beers like it was my job and wife had Hurricane #1. Everyone ate well, kids had kid food, Greenr had Gumbo, wife had Jambalaya. Peed multiple times in the restaurant which becomes crucial with kids. Apparently they did not get that memo.

Went to Tujaques to get more drinks. We drank probably 10 hurricanes each there last time we were there for the Sugar Bowl. Well, Tujaques bar was an awesome old bar, super cool feel and look and apparently was in bad shape. The bar moved and didn't take the actual bar with them, it was too fragile. Found the new location and sat in a really cool patio for drinks. Kids had virgin hurricanes and then our debit card got declined. HOL UP! Oh, Bank thinks someone stole our card and is headed drinking in New Orleans so they just shut it down. Cash our way out of restaurant and spend 30 minutes clearing that up with the Bank which is closed....FML. Youngest had to pee so we hid him in the bushes near Jackson Square and let him pee where the bums pee.
Very New Orleans of us. Anyways, go back to hotel to change for dinner because baggies and a tie-dye apparently are not dinner attire anymore.

Walk back out on Bourbon Street around 6:45 ish. We have 8:00 reservations, gotta kill at least an hour. Let's take the kids all the way down Bourbon Street like good parents. It wasn't SUPER crowded, but it was getting that way. This picture sums up their experience.

Had a hand grenade, $10 for some sweet juice that may or may not have had booze. I think it did because I got back my little buzz. Wife had on some kind of animal print shirt and a group of dudes in animal print shirts surrounded her and chanted "ONE OF US, ONE OF US". She got a great picture with them and we all got a laugh. Hit up the restaurant (Mambo's) for wait-fest. Waiter was amazingly slow and totally DGAFF about anything. Food was good. Red Beans and Rice were the best, Oysters were meh, daughter tried oysters, she was the only trooper. Wife had another hurricane. Bread pudding for dessert and by that time (9:30), they were done. Went back to hotel and slept through all the chaos outside.

Oceana for breakfast, I had some biscuit with fried chicken, scrambled eggs, and sausage gravy on top...it was most excellent. Went to Jackson Square again to sight-see a little, find a bathroom for the littlest, buy trinkets from the guy who let him use his bathroom and the kids got to see a figurine of a woman giving an alligator a blowie, so that got discussed. Shirts were in there that said "Fuck this fucking fuck" which was nice too, right beside the titty shirts. We grab the car from the hotel, pack up, and head out for a nice 13+ hour drive. Thank TOM wife's new car is more fun to drive than the Pilot, it helped alot. Saw some real hail-damaged cars on the ride home, we dodged a bullet with that one.

TL;DR - Greenr is a pretty bad parent, but the kids had fun, ate well, and have some incredible stories to tell their friends and HOPEFULLY NOT their teachers.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you attached the wrong pig.

Apr 12, 2021, 12:03 PM

We were looking for the one of your wife surrounded by men in animal shirts TIA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenr is a lucky man***

Apr 12, 2021, 12:09 PM

#blessed***

Apr 12, 2021, 12:13 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

green shirt kid: show us some more boobies!

Apr 12, 2021, 12:05 PM

other kids: getusthefuckoutofhere!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Those kids are ADORABLE!

Apr 12, 2021, 12:10 PM

Now let's see the wife, Greenr

in the bikini!!!!!***

Apr 12, 2021, 12:11 PM

I think she put one of those on Facebook

Apr 12, 2021, 12:12 PM

her post, not mine.

for some reason the link isn't showing in your post***

Apr 12, 2021, 1:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His wife MUST be the 2nd most beautiful creature on the

Apr 12, 2021, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Those kids are ADORABLE! ]

planet for those 3 cuties to have been able to overcome the one-eyed, hunchback mongrel genes that Greenr donated.

Just sayin' . . . .

Great picture ! MORE BOOBIES to scarred for life in one picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That’s exactly what I was thinking lol. *****

Apr 12, 2021, 12:28 PM [ in reply to green shirt kid: show us some more boobies! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That pic is hilarious.

Apr 12, 2021, 12:25 PM

Bourbon Street is a very concerning place, even in the daytime, unless you're drunk enough to not be concerned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, they're smart enough to be scared

Apr 12, 2021, 12:26 PM

That's an important part of getting old

Reminds me of this meme pic

Apr 12, 2021, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

immediately where my mind went

Apr 12, 2021, 12:53 PM

Same***

Apr 12, 2021, 12:56 PM

When you say this girl lifted her skirt up

Apr 12, 2021, 12:57 PM

how big was her bush?

Oh, she was twerking and bent over

Apr 12, 2021, 12:59 PM

so all I saw was two hams wrasslin over a small thread of draws*.

*panties for you uncultured folk

I'm not really liking your dining choices....

Apr 12, 2021, 1:00 PM

go back and do it better!

Whale, we had to do what was available and what would

Apr 12, 2021, 1:05 PM

be acceptable with kids in tow.

I would have done it a little different, but Oceana was great last time we went there for dinner.

Where did you end up staying?***

Apr 12, 2021, 1:02 PM

Royal Sonesta, just a backside room

Apr 12, 2021, 1:06 PM

off Bourbon so it wouldn't be quite so insane. Hotel was fine, nothing fancy, nothing great, lipstick on an old-ass pig basically, but it is centrally located for the shitshow so there were all kinds of people in the hotel.

you should have hit up Desire Oyster Bar

Apr 12, 2021, 1:13 PM

so close

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Apr 12, 2021, 1:26 PM

DGE.

I'm the only oyster eater in my group but I would have sat there by myself enjoying that.

Pro tip - check out Central Business District

Apr 12, 2021, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Royal Sonesta, just a backside room ]

area next time for hotel, I stayed there last year right before Covid hit (NOPSI hotel) and it was the perfect balance of avoiding the Bourbon Street craziness but being walkable to the area. NOPSI also had a bada$$ rooftop pool/bar

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic