Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sitting at Moms house drinking Cheerwine and eating boiled peanuts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,362

Sitting at Moms house drinking Cheerwine and eating boiled peanuts.

Mar 23, 2021, 7:55 AM

Life is good. On the way here drove thru Brevard where I went to high school and went by Sliding Rock and Looking Glass Falls. Played some volleyball with the kids yesterday. Wearing orange all day everyday. Well let’s just say I’m lovingit.

Will say I’m glad I don’t have to drive 40 btw Greensboro and Raleigh very often. Likely driving thru Clemson on the way home later this week. Enjoying the vacation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, now I want me some boiled peanuts.***

Mar 23, 2021, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, now I want me some boiled peanuts.***

Mar 23, 2021, 3:01 PM

And a Cheerwine!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still amazed that the pool at the bottom of Sliding Rock

Mar 23, 2021, 3:06 PM

can feel like 32 degrees when the air temp is 80.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I never knew but the average temperature is 55F

Mar 23, 2021, 3:15 PM

Didn’t feel as cold when I was a teenager

Re: I never knew but the average temperature is 55F

Mar 23, 2021, 4:34 PM

I love sliding rock and looking glass falls. I've been taking my kids, nephews and their friends for many many years. Yeah and I like playing in both of them myself. I believe the water at the bottom of the falls is colder. The impact from water falling makes it like a wind and gives that big pool of water a current. You can't swim to the waterfall because of that, you have to walk and work your way around to the right and swim to some big boulders to get beside the waterfall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah sheen I was I. High school we’d go to that right side climb uo

Mar 24, 2021, 10:04 AM

Like 6-8 feet or whatever it was and jump in the pool. I did it a few years ago, at age 40ish and got a pretty good scratch across my chest climbing. Ain’t as young as I once wuz. And apparently not any smarter either. You may know this I couldn’t find them last time I went but before you get to either from brevard there is a fork on the road. If you go to the left there used to be two swimming holes. One with a rope swing and one with a rock probably like 8-10 feet high that we jumped off of.

If you keep driving up 276 and turn left on the Blue Ridge

Mar 24, 2021, 10:16 AM

Parkway, there are a couple of swimming holes: one at Skinny Dip Falls and one at Graveyard Fields. You can also swim at Hooker Falls in the DuPont Forest area. Triple Falls is right across the street -- where parts of Hunger Games and Last of the Mohicans were filmed.

Before you say it, I realize you knew all this. Posted for the benefit of others.

Moran.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

so that's where you and

Mar 24, 2021, 10:43 AM

classof1994® meet up...

Skinny Dip Falls

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sitting at Moms house drinking Cheerwine and eating boiled peanuts.

Mar 23, 2021, 7:08 PM

Cheerwine is my #1 beverage of choice!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,362
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic