Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm proud of the way Clemson played.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I'm proud of the way Clemson played.

Feb 11, 2017, 3:06 PM

Loss has nothing to do with Brownell. And I'm not one of those on his bandwagon. Take it from a former college basketball player... We were in position to win that ball game and came up just short. Tons of effort and willingness to never give up in the most hostile arena in college basketball. That being said we need to start Thomas at center from now on. Sitti has no hand eye coordination and poor bball IQ for this speed of conference play

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thomas as started the last 4 games***

Feb 11, 2017, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm proud of the way Clemson played.

Feb 11, 2017, 3:08 PM

Losing close games like we do all the time is coaching dude.

What I respect is that they never quit....Even though

Feb 11, 2017, 3:10 PM

they had a miserable offensive 1st half.....The law of averages will catch up eventually if they keep putting forth the effort from Syracuse and Duke games.....At least I hope so....??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2017, 3:10 PM

I don't aper if you played. Brownell cannot coach in clutch situations and near the end of any close game.

Thomas starts the game on fire at both ends

Feb 11, 2017, 3:15 PM

of the floor, but is subbed out after 2.5 mins. That is really all anyone needs to know about Brownell's game management. Very proud of the team's effort, but it is as clear as ever that Brownell must go.

Re: Thomas starts the game on fire at both ends

Feb 11, 2017, 3:25 PM

Yeah, why the crap did he take him out after scoring our first two buckets? 2 minutes in, he hadn't committed a foul.

the players aren't the problem,coaching is***

Feb 11, 2017, 3:16 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the players aren't the problem,coaching is***

Feb 11, 2017, 3:34 PM

Cameron is a very difficult road environment so I give credit to our players, especially with so many close game losses. Based upon varied comments I cannot help but think Coach Brownell must think, "What does it take to win one?" Anyone following Tiger BB has to realize he knows his career at Clemson is likely done, but he to his credit keeps trying.

Personally I hope he is told to quietly seek another job after reaching a buyout agreement because I do not see extending his contract even if he makes the NIT. It is simply time for a change to bring new energy and focus to the program.

Go Tigers!

Re: the players aren't the problem,coaching is***

Feb 11, 2017, 3:55 PM

He's going to get paid millions of dollars to leave sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me .

Feb 11, 2017, 3:50 PM

First - we've started Thomas the last 4-5 games. Why we subbed him out when he was playing well and not in foul trouble is beyond me.

Second - the loss has everything to do with Brad. Subbing EJ out when he had the hot hand. Not keeping a time out in his pocket at the end. Not having any semblance of a play drawn up at the end. That's coaching.

Feb 11, 2017, 3:54 PM

I've never seen a team that doesn't have a in bounds play. Poor coaching. You use your last TO for no reason. Poor coaching

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic