Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon in the fall, haven't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon in the fall, haven't

Apr 7, 2021, 6:29 PM

been in 30 years. Should I wait to see what Arizona does with voting laws? I'd hate to plan a trip and then see it moved somewhere else. JFC, I didn't like Trump at all, but Joe looks brain dead suggesting that The Masters may need to move. Are they moving the Empire State Building too? The Hoover ###? LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Yeah but he said The Masters should make the decision.

Apr 7, 2021, 6:49 PM

lutz, like The Masters would want to move The Masters for any reason.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, let's pick up Augusta National and move it. Stupid chit

Apr 7, 2021, 6:52 PM

to even banter around about. Classic 'political theater'...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly... it's not a game you just move to another stadium.***

Apr 7, 2021, 6:59 PM

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I thought Ridley nailed it at the press conference

Apr 7, 2021, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Yea, let's pick up Augusta National and move it. Stupid chit ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't they just say they are from Alabama?

Apr 7, 2021, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Yeah but he said The Masters should make the decision. ]

kind of

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's more power at Augusta National than Biden wants to

Apr 7, 2021, 6:49 PM

deal with...

Re: I'm planning a trip to the Grand Canyon in the fall, haven't

Apr 7, 2021, 6:57 PM

A whole bunch of Meh, took the helicopter ride, more meh. Go to Sedona instead. You can your chakras penetrated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2021, 9:40 PM

supposed to be a jeep ride to the bottom, we gon hit that next time we go

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sequoia, Yosemite, Tahoe.... You're welcome.***

Apr 7, 2021, 11:22 PM

Re: Sequoia, Yosemite, Tahoe.... You're welcome.***

Apr 7, 2021, 11:39 PM

Tahoe...'76. Sequoia and Yosemite... late '90s.***

Apr 8, 2021, 8:01 AM

Tahoe???

Apr 8, 2021, 12:03 AM [ in reply to Sequoia, Yosemite, Tahoe.... You're welcome.*** ]

I’m not just being contrarian, but possibly the most underwhelming “natural” place I’ve been to. What did you like about it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Double rainbow over Emerald Bay... and the dealer girls.

Apr 8, 2021, 8:05 AM

But that was 45 years ago and we were 'snowed in'... No details.

Ahhh ok, that makes more sense. I was there for Y2K

Apr 8, 2021, 8:12 AM

New Year's and it was just lame. The ski resorts were meh, the towns we hit (stayed in Incline Village but hit Truckee and Tahoe City) were pretty trashy, and our side trip to Reno may as well have been a trip to Cherokee. The lake's pretty to look at but that was about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Tahoe addition was more about the night life. There's

Apr 8, 2021, 8:26 AM

not really much of that, if any, in Sequoia and Yosemite.

My buddy and I were sitting on a curb in Clovis, CA with two quarters ($.25) to our names, just hitch-hiked in from a reservoir about 20 miles away, and it was about 105 degrees... A gas station attendant opened the drink machine and sold us two 35-cent 6-1/2 oz. Cokes...

From there, we went to work. One month later we were both driving brand new rides, living at what was probably the second nicest apartment complex in Fresno, and we chartered a private plane to Tahoe... That was my first time there.

So that's it......

Apr 8, 2021, 8:31 AM

not even a story of what happened that month to enrich your finances? C'MON!!!!

Selling cars and trucks... I was 18. Had to be 21 to sell in

Apr 8, 2021, 9:05 AM

CA at the time... I "modified" a TX temporary (changed a 7 to a 2) and was instantaneously 23. You had to have an occupational license which the dealership had to post for the public. They ran a background check on me and when the GM called me to his office to give me my first check, he opens with "That's good money for an 18-year old. That's more than some of the managers are making. Keep up the good work."

I expected a pink slip. Instead, he tells me to go pick out something nice off the used car lot and take a long weekend. They had just taken in an XKE on trade for a Rolls. I took it around back and gassed it up. I honked the horn as I passed his office with my arm out the window waving. They later told me he was pixxed for the next 2-3 hours until someone finally calmed him down. He was a former All-state fullback in CA... built like a fire hydrant. Thank goodness he liked me. The management all called me "The Kid"... Top salesman out of 24 three months in a row... no formers, no referrals, no be-backs.

18 and turned 19 that summer. Clearing $3-3.5k, free ride, free gas, 100% auto, medical, and dental insurances w/no deducts... Even got free lunch from my sweetie across the street who ran a sandwich shop with her brother... Was even getting kickbacks on referrals from a van conversion shop I had a deal with... Things were good for '76...

If you wanna feel gonads in your throat, do the skywalk

Apr 8, 2021, 8:28 AM

I know you aren’t actually talking about going

Apr 8, 2021, 2:21 PM

It is time some one has dealt with the serious erosion problem the Colorado river has created. Joe, this would be a serious infrastructure project and we have an increasing number of workers coming to America who are probably not averse to using a shovel.

Better go now before the hole is filled in.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic