Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing people say, I'm not sure I agree with...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 298

One thing people say, I'm not sure I agree with...

Mar 1, 2016, 11:48 AM

This idea that WE MUST KEEP HILLARY OUT, NO MATTER WHAT. I don't mean to say I think Hillary Clinton would be the President I want, but I'm just not sure it's as important as that. I'm trying to think of ways that I believe my life would be fundamentally different BECAUSE Clinton is in the White House, as opposed to Rubio or Trump or any of the others.

. The President needs cooperation from Congress in order to pass major stuff
. The President appoints Supreme Court justices, and that is important. I'm just not all that sure that Clinton appointees would behave that much differently from Rubio appointees
. I think most Presidents' policies end up being more middle-of-the road than what they claim on the campaign trail. So the policies of the two candidates will actually end up being more similar than they appeared during election season. I think this is especially true of complicated issues like war and immigration.

Most importantly, I think the direction of a country is much more pinned to the people as a whole than a President. For example, "gay marriage" is now law of the land because overall, the people want it to be, not because a certain person is President or on the Supreme Court. The country as a whole is moving in a more "liberal" direction to me. Clinton or someone else in the White House isn't going to change that.

So, while I remain depressed about the field of candidates that are part of this election cycle, I will not despair. Life goes on. I will put my head down and worry about what I can control, and leave the rest up to the One who's in charge of it all anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make more sene than most here, especially those who

Mar 1, 2016, 12:09 PM

make derogatory and untrue accusations against the candidates that are running. I call some of them clowns, but I hope I don't belittle them with vulgar terms. I'm happy with how the Dem. race is going and if my preferred candidate doesn't make it, I will reevaluate my stand at that time. You are correct, we will move on what ever occurs.

Go rational Tigers, support your candidate and reevaluate if necessary.

Re: One thing people say, I'm not sure I agree with...

Mar 1, 2016, 12:11 PM

Just ask obama about his executives orders. That man has a pen, phone and golf clubs! See how miserable he's made my life with just those things.

I'm happy with my life, my marriage, my CIC and I have

Mar 1, 2016, 12:36 PM

survived a number of Rep. administrations. I plan to survive the next CIC's term as well. Lighten up, don't let things get you down.

A man and his wife had been married for 30 years but sought out a marriage counselor because of problems. The counselor asked about their problems and the wife complained about her husband's lack of interest and bad habits. The counselor thought for a while, then got up and gave the wife a long passionate kiss. He looked at the husband and said that is what you wife needs at least thee times a week. Can you pull it off?

The husband thought for a while and replied that he could drop her off with him on Mon. thru Thur., but on Fri., he fished.

Go married Tigers, play nice.

I think I agree with that

Mar 1, 2016, 12:18 PM

From a national stand point, with the exception of the sub-prime mortgage bubble bursting, I see or have seen little affect on my personal life regardless of which party is in control of Congress or who the President is at that time (remember when GW was President and the Republicans took over Congress how much sweeping change there was supposed to be? Remember how much there actually was? Yeah...me neither)

Local elections at the town and county level can levy a much higher impact. Sadly, these don't get the attention that they probably deserve. A county official fighting for and having granted a sales tax increase or millage increase on property taxes has a much higher impact (or namely a much more visible impact) on me than some of the issues at a national level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Replies: 4
| visibility 298
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic