Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I love trip to Chapel Hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,221

I love trip to Chapel Hill

Sep 26, 2019, 6:53 AM

One of the negative byproducts of the expanded ACC is that you don't get to visit the Tobacco Road schools every other year.

Chapel Hill is a great trip. Looking forward to Franklin Street on Friday Night, and the beautiful campus and baby blue fan base in Keenan Stadium (contrasted by the Clemson orange).

It's a fun trip.

What is best about it this year...for the first time ever...is that we will walk into Keenan with the same mindset the Tar Heels have when they play Clemson in basketball. "We are just better, and we are going to whip your butt".

I have never been to Chapel Hill with the type of program we have now. Even during the '81 season, UNC was also a top 10 team and there was much doubt whether we could go in there and win.

The other games in the 80's were all games where the difference between the two teams was not drastic.

So, Friday night and Saturday will be fun. We are better...much better. They must play perfect football in order to not get run out of their stadium.

And that is exactly how they feel when we lace it up on the basketball court. And I like the table turned.

Looking forward to a great trip and miss the days of going into Tar Heel land every other year...

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll Be there

Sep 26, 2019, 7:11 AM

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll see you up there! Last went in the 80's when I think

Sep 26, 2019, 7:17 AM

Rodney Williams was QB. Hit an uncovered receiver late in the game to pull it out.

Message was edited by: Lakedude®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll see you up there! Last went in the 80's when I think

Sep 27, 2019, 1:04 PM

I think you're remembering the 1988 game at UVA. Trailing 3-7 in the 4th around midfield on our final drive, Rodney approached the line after a run play was called in the huddle and noticed Chip Davis uncovered by the defense. The two of them made eye contact, Rodney quickly audibled, and hit him for the TD to win 10-7.

You forgot to capitalize,

Sep 26, 2019, 7:22 AM

italicize, and bold-face, BABY (as in "BABY blue").

Re: I love trip to Chapel Hill

Sep 26, 2019, 7:24 AM

I've been there several times--always a good trip.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Flying into Raleigh tomorrow

Sep 26, 2019, 8:14 AM

I think we are going to take over that town with Orange. This will be fun and I hope it’s over at halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Citadel blue***

Sep 26, 2019, 8:29 AM

Sep 26, 2019, 8:32 AM

I like the comparison between our football team and their basketball team Scott... +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Thank you sir!

Sep 27, 2019, 4:55 AM

nm

Sep 26, 2019, 8:35 AM

Haven't been to Chapel Hill since around 1975. Really looking forward to it. We hope to leave Gangland around 1:00 tomorrow. We will be on Franklin Street both nights if all works out.

Both mom and dad are Tarheels so I will be taking a lot of pictures to show them how everything has changed.

Should be a great weekend.
Safe travels and GO TIGERS!!!

went to the game where “Shotgun Willy”

Sep 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

Saved our bacon with 3-4 long touchdown passes coming in for the injured (and theretofore ineffective) dantzler.

Left that game thinking Simmons was going to be the next big thing.

Great trip and great memory though. Love the stadium nestled in the pines.

That was one of my favorite trips as well!

Sep 27, 2019, 4:56 AM

"Shotgun Willie!"

Sep 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

Grew up in NC and still live here, so this is a special game for me. Looking forward to seeing all of the orange on Saturday! GO TIGERS!

Sep 26, 2019, 9:28 AM

Just an FYI for those that haven't been to CH/The Triangle in a long time. With the population boom (the last 5 years especially) traffic will be noticeably higher than your last visit, even in little ole CH. I'm not saying it will be Clemson gameday traffic but it will be higher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the info and heads up

Sep 27, 2019, 4:56 AM

Go Tigers!

Sep 27, 2019, 6:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I love trip to Chapel Hill ]

Where is the best place too park? The Friday center?

Sep 27, 2019, 6:33 AM

That's where we'll be. I expect to see a lot of Tigers there too.

Great info.

Sep 27, 2019, 10:46 AM

nm

Sep 27, 2019, 6:18 AM

We just returned from Chapel Hill. Spent the night at The Carolina Inn. Highly recommend it. Excellent restaurant, great location, and the interior is top notch. Wish we could’ve stayed for the game but another time. Doubt any rooms are left there this weekend but if you go another time, you won’t be disappointed.

Sep 27, 2019, 6:32 AM

Agree Carolina Inn is a great spot. We usually go during the Summer when the crowds are gone.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,221
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic