Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If your hopes are not up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,622

If your hopes are not up

Jan 21, 2015, 10:02 PM

For this season then you're nuts. 2016, maybe the season for most but to me personally, THIS is the season. DW as our starting QB with literally 10 to 15 playmakers around him, I'm questioning a few but for the most part I think we're STACKED on offense.

I think the defense will be better then what people expect, especially with Rs players that's been in the system for year as long with the players that contributed last season. Mack Alexander and Sack Lawson will be the leaders of our defense with other elite players around them. Keep an eye on the secondary, I think Reed has a solid group back there. I'm really excited about our linebacker core, 4 rs players that's gonna be great for us these next couple years. Like I always say, "it's a great time to be a Tiger!"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My major concern

Jan 21, 2015, 10:17 PM

is our D line. I also think our D-backs will be a strength and I like our linebackers. Hopefully a much improved offense will make up for the losses of Beasley, Jarrett, et al.
Go Tigers!!

I would agree. Our secondary is only going........

Jan 21, 2015, 10:46 PM

to be as good as our D line and the pressure that they get on the QB. We are going to have a dropoff but the question is how much of one? The loss of Jarrett is going to be huge. We are going to have to keep a fesh rotation and there are some guys that are really going to have to step up. Our secondary should be outstanding but the D line will surely be the key.

fesh= fresh*

Jan 21, 2015, 10:48 PM

Nm

Re: I would agree. Our secondary is only going........

Jan 21, 2015, 10:48 PM [ in reply to I would agree. Our secondary is only going........ ]

you can have the best secondary in the country and would be meaningless if you can not stop the run and get pressure with 4.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would agree. Our secondary is only going........

Jan 22, 2015, 6:54 AM

Yeah tBalm...I'm NOT bashing or disagreeing with the post (I love the optimism) but...I remember just a few years ago, ncst was LOADED in their secondary (David Amerson, 13 int)...then their dl left (williams?) And the FIRST and only thing that comes to mind is that opening game w/tenn...Patterson and co. lit them up...idk, I like our guys better than those from that ncst team...Anyway...

GO TIGERS!

Re: If your hopes are not up

Jan 21, 2015, 10:38 PM

I personally thought for 2 years that 2014 would be our season. If DW stays healthy under this schedule, our chances are probably as good as any we have had in recent years.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2015, 7:00 AM

Yep we kinda wasted that D last season.

If DW stayed healthy it could have been***

Jan 22, 2015, 7:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2015, 6:56 AM

And btw, my hopes are up TOO! Lol

GO TIGERS!

Jan 22, 2015, 7:13 AM

Im just sayin. Our defensive line with who we have coming back and who we have coming in is going to be nothing short of very good. Dodd, Lawson, Reader and Watkins are a handful. Bringing in guys like Wilkins and Pagano in the two deep as well as Ogu, Huggins are without experience at the college level, but by the end of the year, these young guys will producing at a high level. All they need are reps against good teams and their talent will take over. When you have a NO FLY ZONE in the secondary, the opposing offensive line cant hold blocks forever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2015, 10:01 AM

I agree...it'll be interesting to see the 2-deep coming out of spring. I remember the coaches saying it was hard to RS Pagano in 2013 because of his ability, but rather awkward he played VERY sparingly this year knowing what we were losing on the DL. I'm confident Carlos Watkins and D.J. Reader can make a splash this year and I trust our staff knows more than we do, but we will need more. How much has Jabril Robinson progressed during his RS year? All reports seem optimistic, much like Pagano in 2013, but who knows. I know this is all speculation, but with a early start, could Huggy Bear move inside? Could Huggy Bear move outside, and we see more of Lawson and Dodd inside? I'm sure Register as well as Rogers could line up on the edges in certain packages and be a nightmare to OT's. They all definitely have the size to do it. Could Christian Wilkins be an instant impact player...5* status says yes, but the learning curve says no. Could Sterling Johnson be the answer to a healthy DL rotation this year as an early enrollee? He definitely has all the tools to make an instant impact. He's not such a highly regarded DL coming out, but like Grady Jarrett, will prove rankings don't matter. He is another gem in this class. Nevertheless, you can't be a true fan if you're not optimistic about 2015. IMO, this is our year. We could possibly lose Alexander, Kearse, Wiggins, Bouleware and even more after this season on D. We have to make this one count, and we have the talent all over the field to do it! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my freind. .my friend. . there is a fine line between

Jan 22, 2015, 8:42 AM

Excitement and delusional expectations.

It is very easy to buy into all the recruiting hype, reports out of camp, and coach speak. Expectations get high. Problem is, when a player or the team don't live up to the expectations we as fans put on them. .. the flamers come out. The so called realists and self entitle-ers rant up and down the public message boards.

Every game is different. Take it as it comes. Our job as fans is to support the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: my freind. .my friend. . there is a fine line between***

Jan 22, 2015, 10:07 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,622
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic