Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stupid question but why don’t we play 2 QBs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Stupid question but why don’t we play 2 QBs?

Nov 5, 2017, 4:20 PM

I know people will say if you play 2. Then you don’t have 1. But if Johnson is a little better passer then why isn’t there a series or two designed. For Johnson every game like a package? It wouldn’t hurt Bryant If anything might make him a little better... and it would throw other teams off a bit especially thinking of the playoffs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 QBs don't work,been tried before***

Nov 5, 2017, 4:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stupid question but why don’t we play 2 QBs?

Nov 5, 2017, 4:33 PM

I thought we should try 2 QB's also because there are some teams that will stack the box and make it difficult to run and I am not sure that KB can beat Bama with his arm because he won't be able to run much against Bama. I don't pretend to be a coach just an observation.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:34 PM

I think a designed package for hunter Johnson would be a good late season wrinkle. If it works keep it for playoffs. If not then don’t keep it

uh, none of us know if Johnson is better than Cooper at this point***

Nov 5, 2017, 6:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was able to run on one of the best dline's in the country on Saturday***

Nov 5, 2017, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Stupid question but why don’t we play 2 QBs? ]

Nov 5, 2017, 4:38 PM

If we don't figure out how to make this idea work, then we will lose at least one more game this year, and probably a CFP or bowl game. It is well known that KB2 will NOT beat any decent team with his arm. Good defense teams will stack the box and pressure KB2 every time. We were lucky to escape NCSU, but it's going to be sad if we lose to FSU or the coots because we cannot figure out how to resolve our problem. KB2 is NOT going to learn how to throw the long ball overnight. He's had plenty of time, and he has not gotten any better at passing.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:42 PM

We do not play another decent team. Our C game could beat these teams. Not the D to F game like Syracuse though.

Playoffs. Yes I could see tough treading but we match up well on D against the current top 4. I would expect defensive battles in these games.

People aren’t respecting our passing game and good

Nov 5, 2017, 4:46 PM

luck with a final four that stacks the box.

that's because until yesterday we were refusing to throw deep passes...

Nov 5, 2017, 6:14 PM

Even though KB missed on the deep passes yesterday, it still forced NCSU to play their safeties deeper which opened up the running game.

The offense wasn't the problem against State...

Nov 5, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Stupid question but why don’t we play 2 QBs? ]

It was a depleted secondary and playing the DB's too far off NCSU's receivers. Offense started off slow but righted the ship and scored 31 on the road against a ranked opponent and one of the best dline's in the country. KB was off on a number of passes that would have gotten us above 50 points, but like he always does made some big plays to win the game.

If you want a package for Johnson for the play offs,

Nov 5, 2017, 4:51 PM

it might be best to test it out before then. I get that surprising your opponent keeps them from being able to prepare for it, but the playoffs does not seem like the time to try out something with a true freshman with little game experience.

Nov 5, 2017, 5:24 PM

Not sure if we need a package or not but they’re several things we could try. We should have been playing Tee and Amari a lot more. For some reason Cain won’t lay out for a pass. Let’s too many slip through his hands.

I would have at least taken kb out yesterday for a series or two... also after a gain of 6 yrds on first down in our last series, I’d have brought in choice to run and not kb on a delayed draw 3 straight times. Play to win and not like a team trying to pull off an upset or something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choice? Get real. Should have tried Feaster***

Nov 5, 2017, 6:16 PM

that would have been a huge mistake, he struggled passing yesterday...

Nov 5, 2017, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Stupid question but why don’t we play 2 QBs? ]

but he got on track in the 2nd half. Your starter really has to be playing really terrible to put in a true freshman who has only played a few series in garbage time.

because we haven't lost a game with KB playing the full game...

Nov 5, 2017, 5:30 PM

and he makes key plays all throughout the game. KB isn't next level ready as far as passing, but he passes good enough, runs great, and has strong leadership abilities

Nov 5, 2017, 5:59 PM

your right stupid question

Nov 5, 2017, 6:20 PM

I agree. If we have 2 offensive Coordinators, then we shoul dhave 2 QBs...I think it woul dbe jsut as successfu....wait...hellz no...
We NEED a proper Offensive Coordinator. This dual OC has run its course. The Tigers are completely predictable and as they see more motivated talented defenses, they will get exposed.
These guys have had a Ferrari but drive it like a Yugo. Imagine what a Lane Kiffin (uck...but hear me out)would have done with all that talent two years ago and forward.

Agreed ... we have become way too predictable!

Nov 5, 2017, 8:14 PM

Every week I predict we will win and my prediction is almost never wrong.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m embarrassed for you right now.***

Nov 5, 2017, 6:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 8:32 PM

Kb has thrown some beautiful deep balls this season, but yesterday was ugly...I recall at least three we could have hit for TDs....what's more concerning to me is the inability of our WRs to go get it and lay out(as previously posted), with the exception of Renfrow of course. Also, we don't have that guy that will high point the ball and ###### it down on 50/50 plays. Boy do I miss Mike Williams!

You are right.

Nov 5, 2017, 8:46 PM

It was a stupid question.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic