Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you don't think Clemson could have won that game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

If you don't think Clemson could have won that game...

Jan 6, 2018, 6:09 AM

you're either ignorant or a coot or both. Bad field position early gave them the edge but we were shifting momentum until that fluke interception by their lineman. We were gaining confidence by moving the ball until that play. Our O-line could have put it together for some good drives but that play pretty much sealed our fate. Confidence is key and we lost it after that, I believe.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you don't think Clemson could have won that game...

Jan 6, 2018, 7:14 AM

Agree 100%. Also remember we were driving for the LEAD in Q3. Defense played overall a great game.

I'm not making excuses or not admitting defeat, just tired of how most everyone is spinning the game as a total domination of the ne'er-do-well visitors!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another entry for the Tnet lexicon! Near-do-well

Jan 6, 2018, 7:19 AM

Hahahaha!

Gonna be a good one for all the ne'er do wells around here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Another entry for the Tnet lexicon! Near-do-well

Jan 6, 2018, 7:34 AM

I've heard it spoken but have never noticed the written word. It is a perfect description for the majority of TNet posters, myself included. Definitely will use in the future.

"The ne'er do wells seem to really care about Finebaum's opinion"

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ne-er-do-well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, that's awesome. Ne're-do-well's 1 of my favorites...

Jan 6, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Another entry for the Tnet lexicon! Near-do-well ]

Happy Saturday D78, enjoy the weekend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we have another entry into the "small package club" for

Jan 6, 2018, 7:46 AM

whoever TD'd this post...please step up and claim your prize...if your micro-nads are big enough...

Jan 6, 2018, 8:28 AM

I agree that we could have won but then again if we could have gotten away with stopping to their level, not that I think we should have, or if they had played a clean game I believe the final score and outcome would have been completely different. All in all I’m proud of our guys, it’s been one h311 of a ride so far and it’s no where near over.

"Alabama's throttling of Clemson..." were the words...

Jan 6, 2018, 9:03 AM

nikkisteele® used.

I've seen others that seemed to leave less room for hope, Alabama suffocates Clemson...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/01/02/clemson-alabama-sugar-bowl-college-football-playoff-semifinal/994971001/

But yes, there's always the chance.

Jan 6, 2018, 9:19 AM

I don’t disagree a bit, intact I’m sure if some things had gone differently we could have won. Clemson is a great team. I do want to know though, when you say “fluke interception”, do you consider the turnover we had in the 3rd quarter a “fluke” also? Do you take into account that they missed FGs and also were super conservative on offense? You’re just as ignorant to not think that game could have been 40-6 just as easily. I feel like everyone one here just chalks the game up to what clemson didn’t dorsther then what bama did do. I hate it as much as anyone, but bama is a better team this year as they are most. The ACC is weak and though clemson is in a class of their own in the ACC, they were just not prepared for bama that night.

They were definitely more "juiced" for the game...***

Jan 6, 2018, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take your post and stick it up your chicken hole!!!***

Jan 6, 2018, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: If you don't think Clemson could have won that game... ]

yay team

Jan 6, 2018, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: yay team

Jan 6, 2018, 10:03 AM

While I hate to get involved in this conversation, I will. I live in Alabama and have to watch the antics of that program all year long. Saban had all his team thinking it was everyone against them and that they were being disrespected. Please understand , he runs it with an iron fist and his players do his bidding. case in point, he chewed out his offensive coordinator for not doing it his way and he was up by 20..... can u see Dabo doing that.? Secondly, Scott Cochran, his strength coach take a sledge hammer to last years supposed 2nd place trophy this week to fire up the minions... We can say we could have won and yes, we could have , but when the other team knows you cant throw a pass over 10 yards and they are the #1 defense in college football, what do you think will happen. You load the box and your lineman lucks up and intercepts and you get a pick six. IT happened that way and we got beat. Period. Now to say more, I think once Saban is gone or loses favor, the Program in Tuscaloosa will be brought down, to include booster tampering, steroid use and other things that we down here see going on right now. That's just my two cents....they will not buy a thing.

How 'bout some specifics, alfa???

Jan 6, 2018, 10:41 AM

Booster tampering, steroids??? What have you heard/seen? TIA.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic