Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we're burning Watson's redshirt, use him to win games.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If we're burning Watson's redshirt, use him to win games.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:11 AM

I'm not against Cole starting and getting the lion's share of the plays, but Watson needs to be in enough series to actually affect the outcome of the game. Two series per game isn't enough.

I'm proud of both these guys. Watson is showing what he can do and Cole is handling his business maturely and as well as he can.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I think it is more effective to take him out after every

Sep 8, 2014, 8:15 AM

TD he scores.

;)

Yep, God forbid we get into a rhythm on offense.***

Sep 8, 2014, 8:16 AM

As much as I oppose the "QB controversy" topic.....

Sep 8, 2014, 8:21 AM

I must admit, the offense does seem to be more fluid when Watson is in at QB.

While I agree with Dabo that Stoudt has also played well, ultimately, you have to play the man who gives you the best chance to win.

"Earned" or "right" has got nothing to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

watch the replay of the SCst game and pay close attention to

Sep 8, 2014, 8:32 AM

stoudt's performance

sure his stats were good

but his game within the game wasn't very impressive

not to mention your point, the game and the offense just moved smoother, quicker and more efficient with watson @ QB.

What the heck are you talking about...EARNED has

Sep 8, 2014, 8:40 AM [ in reply to As much as I oppose the "QB controversy" topic..... ]

everything to do with it. Dabo said Cole has EARNED the starting job by being the better player. Simple.

You may want to debate with Dabo about who is better, but it's clear that he's not just handing Cole the job because he's been here longer. He said Cole EARNED it.

2 things regarding that.........

Sep 8, 2014, 8:44 AM

1. he "earned" it by default. watson got hurt during the spring.........kelly got kicked off...........dabo had no other choice but to name him the starter

2. If cole "earned" it and dabo believes he's the better QB, gives us the best chance to win, and he's the "CLEAR" #1"...............THEN TREAT HIM THAT WAY. play him until it's out of hand then put the backup in. The last thing i want is for dabo to put the LESSER QB in when the game is in jeopardy on the road down by 7. Dabo created this "non-existent controversy" and he's afraid to address it.

Dabo said Cole has earned the starting job....

Sep 8, 2014, 9:10 AM [ in reply to What the heck are you talking about...EARNED has ]

He also said that Cole has worked hard and has waited his turn, but at no point in time have I ever heard Dabo say that Cole is the better player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: As much as I oppose the "QB controversy" topic.....

Sep 8, 2014, 8:49 AM [ in reply to As much as I oppose the "QB controversy" topic..... ]

Watson will be at the helm before season is over...armchair coaches just need to be patient!!!

Let's just get through FSU.

Sep 8, 2014, 8:32 AM

As others have said, I don't want #4 to get killed and with our OL, that is a distinct possibility. Now that we have more bodies available for the OL rotation, let's see what we can do at FSU.

If our D can get to Winston, I like our chances, as he has been far from steady so far this season. If Cole can steadily lead the offense and get the points we need at FSU, great. If he struggles and our OL looks like they can protect #4, then put #4 in and be done with it.

I agree with everyone who has said #4 looks like the better athlete for our system, etc., but I also agree that Cole has to know they playbook better and situations may dictate that we use that knowledge at times.

I further agree that Chad Morris needs to play to win, not to not lose. Heck, you only need ONE play if the other team can't stop it (see Lombardi's Packers).

Beat FSU!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't think the playbook knowledge holds much water.......

Sep 8, 2014, 8:40 AM

because whatever lack of knowledge watson has he could make up for it with his raw talent

and

cole could know 100% of the playbook but his lack of talent limits what we can run.

play the QB that gives you the best chance to win and treat him like the "clear cut" starter..........who ever the coaches think that is. It's not benefiting either QB switching like they are now.

I mostly agree, but we don't know how #4 would handle some

Sep 8, 2014, 8:48 AM

critical game situations that I assume Cole has seen much more and knows our plays for.

That said, yes, the playbook excuse is overused and my guess is that by the end of the season we will see more Watson than Stoudt, but only if we can be sure #4 won't get killed. No matter how we slice it, this is a reset season. Let's get those young hogs ready in a hurry!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know how #4 would handle bein thrown in the game down by 7

Sep 8, 2014, 8:52 AM

on the road in athens.

that one drive alone was a more critical game scenario than cole had been put in over his 4-5 year career.

the phantom "experience" factor that gets thrown on cole's side is just that...........phantom......the critical experience didn't exist prior to the UGA game.

Re: i don't think the playbook knowledge holds much water.......

Sep 8, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to i don't think the playbook knowledge holds much water....... ]

Coaches have said publicly that this is not a playbook issue...Watson is not limited by knowledge of the playbook per the coaches mouths

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not real high on Dabo as a football coach

Sep 8, 2014, 8:57 AM

But if I were a coach and had a kid at quarterback that put 6 points up just about every time he got the ball in his hands--I believe I would make the smart move and let him play.
Dabo is probably afraid he will make jesus mad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not real high on Dabo as a football coach

Sep 8, 2014, 9:00 AM

nice. pure idiocy. tell us more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you kidding me with this crap?***

Sep 8, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I'm not real high on Dabo as a football coach ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure Jesus is a Watson fan

Sep 8, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to I'm not real high on Dabo as a football coach ]

so no worries there.

I'm not real high on your assessment of Dabo. OBTW it is

Sep 8, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to I'm not real high on Dabo as a football coach ]

Jesus with a capital J.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Sep 8, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to I'm not real high on Dabo as a football coach ]

lbc

I don't disagree with playing him more but we aren't

Sep 8, 2014, 9:18 AM

"burning" his redshirt. There was absolutely no chance he was every going to redshirt. 0%. None. Nada.

I'm pretty sure there is no redshirt to burn

Sep 8, 2014, 9:32 AM

My guess is he's a pro three years out of high school.

Would love to have him for four years, but probably not going to happen.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic