Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we struggled Saturday against BC because of their zone coverage schemes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

If we struggled Saturday against BC because of their zone coverage schemes

Sep 26, 2017, 10:12 PM

what makes us think VT won't do the same thing this weekend and cause us more problems?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we struggled Saturday against BC because of their zone coverage schemes

Sep 26, 2017, 10:14 PM

We just had an off day in the passing game. We ran the ball at will. We should have just left it on the ground and ran 600 yards on them. We won.

I think we struggled because we were

Sep 26, 2017, 10:20 PM

forcing the running game - even when the O-line struggled. Which I also think we were doing to help make the offense "grow up" in the run game. It will pay off over the season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I think we struggled because we were

Sep 26, 2017, 10:26 PM

If we "forced" the run game or was because we couldn't get the passing game going. Tr numbers in the box called for run.

Re: I think we struggled because we were

Sep 26, 2017, 10:31 PM

Amazing how we could do anything we wanted on those few drives. pass...run...think about it. It felt an awfully lot like the Auburn game - don't you think? We played directly against their strength until we needed to play ours against theirs. we won.

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Sep 26, 2017, 10:27 PM

I think the coaches learned if they call a WR screen they need to have someone else blocking besides Hunter Renfrow he got blown up on every screen. I thought he might get hurt.

When teams play both safeties that deep we have to get the screen game going to bring the safeties closer to the line.

Oh no, so we'll win 34-7 again with strong 4th quarter?

Sep 26, 2017, 10:27 PM

the horror

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rope-a-dope!***

Sep 26, 2017, 10:32 PM

Because we haven't opened the playbook yet. We haven't had

Sep 26, 2017, 10:35 PM

to and that is a luxury. As soon as you show something , it's on film. Trust me, we have plenty of answers for
anything that is thrown at us. ####, we haven't had to throw to Fraster out of the backfield, and he is lethal catching the ball with a LB covering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Yeah, did you see all the stuff NCSU pulled on FSU?

Sep 27, 2017, 2:32 AM

We haven’t had to show our playbook like that yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

By This Logic Clemson Wins Because Then in the 4th

Sep 26, 2017, 10:47 PM

Clemson utterly destroyed BC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 1:46 AM

I find it amazing that we have been so spoiled by success that a 34-7 win is a disappointment. I know it was almost all in the 4th quarter, but it is still a good win...be happy!!!

Offensive line needs to step up. DBs need to step up.

Sep 27, 2017, 6:51 AM

and for ##### sake don't turn the ball over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 27, 2017, 7:13 AM

I dunno, maybe because the coaches work with the players each week to study film and correct issues?

Sep 27, 2017, 7:24 AM

Check the snap count for the BC game and see how many guys we rotated in the Oline and we went to the 3rd and 4th string on Dline. The 7 - 7 deaadlock into the 4th was getting a lot of guys playing time that was not garbage mop up time, meaningful snaps.

Sep 27, 2017, 7:41 AM

You do realize our coaches watch film too, right? They are usually pretty good with making changes to fix what they see to not get bit twice by the same thing (see the loss to Pitt due to the shovel pass....no one gets us with it the rest of the year).

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic