Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If u could pick the starting rb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,904

If u could pick the starting rb

Sep 3, 2014, 1:41 PM

How would you pick. Gotta be someone on the team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ Reader***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^^^^Found one

Sep 3, 2014, 2:16 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Spencer Region

Sep 3, 2014, 1:44 PM

if he can atleast get to the line and fall forward that's 3 yards...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If u could pick the starting rb

Sep 3, 2014, 1:50 PM

Crowder

Sep 3, 2014, 1:50 PM

Obviously the coaches don't quite trust Gallman or Choice (which I don't get because Gallman looks fine and has been in the system for going on two years now) but saying that I would go with Davidson as my starter. Howard has shown flashes in the past but he is not consistent, and with our O Line struggles it seems Davidson would make something out of nothing Sat...there were a few times he had no business gaining yards and would, especially that long 3rd down where he cut it back to the middle.

sometimes you gotta put the trust issue aside........

Sep 3, 2014, 1:59 PM

i doubt ANY true freshman grasp every aspect of the offense, but the talent alone will make up for that.

I don't think giving gallman and/or choice a shot will be any worse than going down the road we're going with howard and davidson.............mainly howard.

watson probably doesn't know the playbook like the back of his hand yet, but that didn't stop him from orchestrating a TD drive on his first ever drive IN ATHENS down by 7.

i'm sure watkins and spiller didn't have FULL grasp of the playbook as true freshman, but you play them anyway.

even as much as bellamy DIDN'T know when given the chance he still averaged 10+ yards/carry.........however i understand why he didn't play more, but the times he did.......he did great.

Re: sometimes you gotta put the trust issue aside........

Sep 3, 2014, 2:10 PM

I agree with that completely and you stole the words right from me about Watkins..They talk the kids up all summer then act like they don't trust them in the games. I think its almost an excuse by the coaches bc if a fresh goes out and makes mistakes everyone is then yelling and complaining about playing someone without experience costing us games...which could very well happen (example- Jamie Harper-Bama game, also Bellamy early-he just wasn't ready not strong enough to hold onto the ball)

Sep 3, 2014, 2:19 PM

If I remember correctly Bellamy had a 70 yard td run his first touch and sealed the VT game on a big run. Horrible comparison. Bellamy is a prime example of why good freshman SHOULD play. Along with Nuk hopkins, Sammy Watkins, James Davis, CJ Spiller and countless others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 2:22 PM

Choice and Gallman...I like Davidson but he's not starter quality IMO. I like CJ as a change of pace RB occasionally. Choice and Gallman should be your workhorses.

Sep 3, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: sometimes you gotta put the trust issue aside........ ]

But how many costly fumbles did he have? I remember a few..one against SC driving if im not mistaken...and you may be right he made some great plays but maybe he shouldn't have been playing as much as he did that year bc IMO he wasn't fully ready, much like some of these kids may not be...the coaches see them every day. We are just reading crap about them LOL

Sep 3, 2014, 1:55 PM

Choice with jet sweeps and Fleming for 3rd short.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now CJ Davidson, Gallman and Choice need to start...

Sep 3, 2014, 1:57 PM

getting carries. The future is now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 1:58 PM

Davidson.

DJ Howard...he's paid his dues and he's a senior

Sep 3, 2014, 2:32 PM

Said no one on t-net...

wish Brooks and Dye were healthy

Sep 3, 2014, 2:37 PM

Those two are better than anybody we currently have available.

Re: wish Brooks and Dye were healthy

Sep 3, 2014, 2:48 PM

Yea kind of ironic that everyone was saying the one position we weren't worried about was RB, then you lose one in Brooks and now look...cant find a running game to save our lives...I think the Brooks injury hurt us big time

But for real, wasn't Fuller getting a lot of praise

Sep 3, 2014, 2:40 PM

preseason? I know he's probably far from ready, but it sounds like he might be one of our better backs!

Give the ball to.....

Sep 3, 2014, 2:44 PM

Davidson and Gallman!!

Let them make their mistakes, get coached up and watch them....

Make everybody believers!!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 3:14 PM

Gallman and Fleming. A health brooks isn't bad either. You know what, how about anybody but Howard! I'm just gonna go with that!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody better than DJ Howard. If we don't have anybody

Sep 3, 2014, 3:21 PM

better than DJ, then fire somebody's a$$.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Ray Ray McCloud III***

Sep 3, 2014, 3:43 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have to say CJ Spiller.

Sep 3, 2014, 4:12 PM

Jim Brown or Franco Harris would be good too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,904
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic