Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 3,238

If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table

Oct 18, 2015, 3:34 PM

Who gets left out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table

Oct 18, 2015, 3:36 PM

either Utah or Clemson. Most likely Clemson because ESPN will want to put a Cinderella in. Only to get blasted by 40 points.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're probably right, but I bet TCU, and more importantly,

Oct 18, 2015, 3:38 PM

Baylor fans may have a difference of opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Utah can beat USC, Wash, UCLA, Arizona and the PAC Championship

Oct 18, 2015, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table ]

Highly unlikely, and we win out with wins over ND, FSU, Miami and a ranked Pitt or Duke in the Ship.

Bama will be watching the playoffs in their pajamas.

Yep...+1.***

Oct 19, 2015, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would suspect Alabama with 1 loss. Everyone else undef.***

Oct 18, 2015, 3:36 PM

Re: I would suspect Alabama with 1 loss. Everyone else undef.***

Oct 18, 2015, 3:39 PM

Not on your life. Bama would be #2 seed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Keep dreaming! If Bama doesn't lose again, they WILL be in

Oct 18, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I would suspect Alabama with 1 loss. Everyone else undef.*** ]

And probably won't be seeded 4th, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Keep dreaming! If Bama doesn't lose again, they WILL be in

Oct 19, 2015, 12:24 PM

what if Ole Miss runs the table too? They win the SEC West not Bama. What say you then?

Oh that could be fun.

Oct 19, 2015, 2:39 PM

I think sneaking a team that didn't win the conference into the playoff, as the only team from that conference, is going to be harder than that bs rematch a few years back.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 3:40 PM

I say....(don't be too harsh on me) Alabama and yes, Baylor. Alabama because they lost at home to Ole Miss and Baylor because they come from a flawed conference that refuses to hold a conference championship game and the committee showed their unwillingness to overlook tha lack of a 13th game last year. The Big 12 has had an entire year to fix that and they haven't. Just my opinion.

Oct 18, 2015, 8:08 PM

Yep Baylor! No conference game, no playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Baylor would be my guess***

Oct 18, 2015, 3:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: We would

Oct 18, 2015, 3:48 PM

and sadly it wouldn't be close. We are not a darling like F$U. Even a 1 loss ND is still in the discussion. We will need to be solidly in #3 or #4 after the ACC championship.

Replace Bama with LSU; then you have 5 undefeated conference

Oct 18, 2015, 3:45 PM

champs. Who gets left out then?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Baylor***

Oct 18, 2015, 3:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An undefeated Baylor won't be left out. Last year, they had

Oct 18, 2015, 3:50 PM

a loss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year there was only one undefeated team, this is an

Oct 18, 2015, 3:54 PM

incredibly improbably 5 teams undefeated (never happened in power conferences)

Odds of that happening are worse than another 1000 year

Oct 18, 2015, 3:46 PM

flood event hitting us next year.

Re: Odds of that happening are worse than another 1000 year

Oct 18, 2015, 9:09 PM

Well, there is El Nineo.

Oct 18, 2015, 3:48 PM

I say bama with 1 loss sits at home. in years past it would be Clemson simply due to schedule. However if fla st wins out with 1 loss to Clemson and Notre dame hangs on, Clemson would have 2 good wins.

Just think if no ND on schedule this year. Clemson could easily be sitting at home undefeated due to how bad the ACC is this year.

Fans should thank ND because if they keep winning them as well as fla st, they will be Clemsons only wins vs teams with winning records.

Baylor will be in because of the way they have destroyed teams. If they win out they will have beaten TCU and Oklahoma which will be bigger wins poll wise than anyone else

Baylor and Clemson may lead the way if all opponents win out after losing to each

No way an undefeated Ohio st doesn't get in, that leaves Utah, LSU if they can win out, and maybe a Cinderella. Don't think this is a year where 1 loss gets in over an undefeated due to the wins on the books by Clemson, Baylor etc

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will have more than 2 wins against teams with winning

Oct 18, 2015, 3:54 PM

records. ACCCG opponent will be probably be a 9-3 (maybe 10-2) type of team, Miami and Louisville will end up around .500 or so by the time the season is over, and App St might run the table if you want to include them.

I sure hope I am wrong, but a 1 loss Bama is in, no matter

Oct 18, 2015, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table ]

how many undefeated teams there are. Can't get around that SEC Espin hype.

Get out of here coot.

Oct 18, 2015, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table ]

The B1G will have an undefeated team with the biggest boost (OSU, Mich St, or Iowa). Baylor is on a mission and the Big 12 got left out last year, not going to happen again with an undefeated Baylor or TCU. If Utah and Clemson/FSU go undefeated as well the SEC will not get a 1 loss team in. Ole Miss made darn sure of that. Lol

OSU and Utah both lose a game this season...

Oct 19, 2015, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table ]

so this speculation is pointless.

There will be a 2 loss SEC champion this season and they watch from home. Time for the other conferences to take over.

Nighty night SEC. Now STAY down.

TIGER BALLS.

Oct 18, 2015, 4:51 PM

That leaves Clemson with 2 Top 10 wins. Can't factor those out. Pac 12 has proven to be very weak this year; could see Utah left out. Their only decent win was vs Michigan.

Oct 18, 2015, 4:56 PM

Another important factor: Clemson has had an excellent year in advanced statistics, having put up big point/yardage totals against 2 top 10 defenses this far in BC and App State.

Clemson or Baylor

Oct 18, 2015, 6:28 PM

Will depend on how ND/FSU/Duke? finish compared to TCU/OU/OKST.

Oct 19, 2015, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: If OSU, Baylor, Utah, Clemson, and bama all run the table ]

Don't think nationally you will get many to bite on your statemeant of high numbers against BC and App St.

I can't even believe I just read that

I think the feather in the cap will be wins over ND and FLa St

I think people laugh at Clemson for using stats like wins and numbers over BC and App St defenses.

This is why the playoff should be tied to conference titles

Oct 19, 2015, 12:26 PM

Make it 6 teams. 5 conference tie ins and an at-large bid.

You win your conference championship, you're definitely in. Not up to anybody to decide.

If you need 3 weeks to do it, 8 team playoff is the best.***

Oct 19, 2015, 12:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First we must run the table, or its all irrelevant

Oct 19, 2015, 12:34 PM

But if we do, then a good win over the Team that ESPN and other trolls are counting on to beat us, plus a win over a hopefully ranked Team in the ACC Title game help a lot. I'm pulling for Duke. If they only have the Northwestern loss, they should be around 18-ish in the polls. Besides, I hate UNC and can you imagine the braying out of Cootlumbia if the one decent team they beat ends up the coastal champ? I also think App St could be in the top 25 as well. All that adds up to better strength of Schedule if ND keeps winning, and we SHOULD be in.

There have been exactly ZERO years in modern college footbal

Oct 19, 2015, 12:36 PM

With four undefeated teams. Not saying this year isn't the first, but it probably won't be. Winning takes care of everything. If we win out, we can watch other teams fight for the 4th spot.

It SHOULD be the 4 undefeated teams...not bama.***

Oct 19, 2015, 12:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

It SHOULD be, but if this scenario actually came to pass,

Oct 19, 2015, 1:57 PM

Disney / ESECPN would bankrupt itself lobbying the Committee to put Bama in. "But they play in the SEC, you can't EXPECT them to go undefeated. There is no way you can say you have a legitimate playoff if the mighty SEC champion is not in it. Etc, etc, blah, blah, blah!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 3,238
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic