Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Five-star leader: Swinney says KJ Henry's leadership reminds him of Wilkins
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Five-star leader: Swinney says KJ Henry's leadership reminds him of Wilkins

Oct 25, 2018, 1:08 PM

Five-star leader: Swinney says KJ Henry's leadership reminds him of Wilkins

Most 5-star prospects head to college in the hopes of not only making an impact their freshman year but starting. Not KJ Henry, who approached the Clemson coaches with the idea that a redshirt season might be beneficial in the long run.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How the new redshirt rule is suppose to work!

Oct 25, 2018, 1:14 PM

Way to go KJ Henry! Go Tigers!

If this will help him be a better player next year, that's .

Oct 25, 2018, 1:19 PM

terrific. But I doubt we'll see that extra year on the back end. At least he'll have the option.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Big shoes to fill

Oct 25, 2018, 1:27 PM

But if you think back to his press conference where he announced his college choice, he’ll probably fit into those shoes just fine.

High character young man who puts others first. His parents did well and we’re fortunate to have him.

If only we had done this with Albert Huggins...

Oct 25, 2018, 1:34 PM

I wonder if he had any impact on this for KJ.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five-star leader: Swinney says KJ Henry's leadership reminds him of Wilkins

Oct 25, 2018, 1:34 PM

This also helps the offense in practice. Our scout team has 5 star players on them.

So we prob get him for 2 years instead of 3. No point.***

Oct 25, 2018, 2:15 PM

Re: So we prob get him for 2 years instead of 3. No point.***

Oct 25, 2018, 3:20 PM

Bad attitude. I respectfully disagree with you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s what’s special about the culture Dabo has built.

Oct 25, 2018, 2:35 PM

What more can you ask for? We have elite talent knocking on our door! Willing to redshirt. Dabo deferred on Nkemdiche(spl.?). I know stories vary. I think Dabo deferred on Clowney. He doesn’t want “poison” talent in the pool. It only takes one. We had one that hid for four years. I may take some criticism for saying it. But, KB was all about himself. He was poison in the pool. I see so many blindly calling him a forever Tiger hero. I don’t. I call him a one season mediocre QB that couldn’t beat elite defenses that stacked the box & dated him to throw. He couldn’t beat mediocre defenses that did that. See Syracuse. If he was all about Clemson, he would be just like Jalen Hurts. Doing everything he could to help Clemson. He has hurt his stock at the next level. Where he has a future as a slot receiver, or boundary maybe. I know Deptula swears he has a chance, but if he can’t throw against a stacked box in college, hows he going to do it in the nfl?! I digress this is about the culture we have now. I never thought I would ever live to see this. I took it all in Saturday as we caused false start after false start. The air was electric in Death Valley. The players had a calm business sense about them. For the first time, I saw Dabo keep his foot on the gas. I think Dave poked the sleeping bear one too many times! One of my best memories in Death Valley of all time! Truly the golden age of Clemson football. Drink it in! Enjoy it! It may not last another 10 years. We don’t know how long, so treat each game like it’s the last we are going to be elite! We are, in rarified air! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That’s what’s special about the culture Dabo has built.

Oct 25, 2018, 3:37 PM

Wow! Was going to add a post but nothing else can be said that OneJedi didn’t say.

Let’s just say a little confetti flew around reading the story and posts. Especially this one from 1j. My wife asked (she gets confused sometimes) what was wrong, I told her nothing wrong, just reminiscing and yearning to be in TigerTown on home Saturdays. You could tell on tv that it was electric!!! Rarified air indeed.

IMO, this story really should be the poty. Or at least the story of the year!!!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 10:07 PM

Ghee whiz, can’t believe someone would TD the fact I thought this should be the story of the year.

Yeah 1j went on a kb rant and admitted he’d digress and would take a hit on it but he nailed the jist of the whole article. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to That’s what’s special about the culture Dabo has built. ]

The issue that I have with KB is that a number of guys came back this season that could have made huge $$$s in the draft believing that Clemson had a great chance at getting a National Championship. They looked at the team and risked injury and career to get CU another Championship. CU is now very thin at QB and the guys that stayed risked their future and now have a much lower chance of success. KB should have known that the QB starting position was not guaranteed - he got beat fair and square (and TL is getting better with each game). I wish KB well and success in his life.

5* asking to be redshirted?

Oct 25, 2018, 5:47 PM

Shaking my po' ole head, I never thought I'd see the day. The best is yet to come! Tiger domination!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Goint To BE A Beast b/c of this!!!

Oct 25, 2018, 5:58 PM

He gets it!
He will make a fine DE once he gets a bit stronger! He's very good now! Just needs to get a little more power in order to contribute.
I also believe this has to do with "wanting to be the man" or "wanting to be a contributor at least" instead of burning a year sitting the bench. Either way; smart move because it benefits him both ways! And most important: "it doesn't hurt the team"!

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five-star leader: Swinney says KJ Henry's leadership reminds him of Wilkins

Oct 27, 2018, 4:55 AM

Heck - I love this kid's attitude. Team first, player second. We all know that Dabo has been building something special at Clemson, but man, I am just blown away by this kid's leadership and willingness to make sacrifices for his team. Love it. Go Tigers!

He's got big shoes to fill, but no doubt can do it***

Oct 27, 2018, 7:05 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic